Questions about Great Wall cars [Archive] - China Car Forums

: Questions about Great Wall cars

Vladimir-S
04-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Hello!
1) It's very interesting to know about QUALITY of Great Wall Motors pickups and SUVs! Especially from chinese people who can use them in their motherland. Do you like them? Do you use them?
2) What is really better Great Wall trucks (SUV) or ZX Auto Admirals?
3) What can you say about RUST protection on these trucks?
4) Do you know any common problems with these trucks (for example: engine, rust, ...)
5) Crash tests!!! Any PHOTOs of crash accidents are highly wellcome!!!

Your information wil be very usefull for all russian owners of Great Wall cars! I'll post it in Russian forums!

If you can tell much information - please tell it!
Any opinions are wellcome. :)

pokershark
04-13-2006, 01:32 PM
Currently Great Wall Motors is much more common and more reputable than Zhongxing (zxauto) , GWM is also growing much faster and selling more abroad

Warren2
04-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Does Anybody have information what is the status of GWM and the interest from GWM for the Antonov Automatic Transmissions.

For more info see message below about the interest of GWM in the interes tin the Antonov Transmisson technology.
================================================== =======
Update to Option Agreement
26 January 2006
Following the announcement on the 9 January 2006 that it had granted an Option Agreement to Great Wall Motor Company Limited (“GWM”), the Board of Antonov plc, the automotive technology company, is pleased to provide additional information relating to this Agreement.

Under the terms of the Option Agreement, GWM may, at any time prior to the expiration of the six month period, enter into a Licence Agreement for the Company’s six speed automatic transmission patents. The terms of the Licence Agreement will be negotiated reasonably to the satisfaction of GWM.

During the period of the Option Agreement, Antonov will work with GWM to create a full business plan for the transmission development and production launch. Antonov will also create transmission designs to GWM’s specifications.

GWM is one of the largest pick-up truck and SUV manufacturers in China. It currently has production capacity for 170,000 vehicles and 200,000 engines a year at its state-of-the-art facility in Baoding. In its last reported full-year figures, revenue was RMB 3,184,614,000. Profit before tax was RMB 552,969,000.

Mr Wei, Chairman of GWM, commented:

“We are very pleased to have this opportunity to strengthen our involvement with Antonov and the Company’s six speed automatic transmission patents. The collaboration is of great significance to both parties.”

John Moore, CEO of Antonov, commented:

“As already announced, this is a significant step towards the production application of our six speed automatic transmission technology. The sale of the Option will facilitate our support for GWM and demonstrates their commitment to develop an independent transmission manufacturing capability in China. As a profitable and independent manufacturer, they are uniquely placed to progress this opportunity rapidly and effectively.”

Windy
04-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Hello!
1) It's very interesting to know about QUALITY of Great Wall Motors pickups and SUVs! Especially from chinese people who can use them in their motherland. Do you like them? Do you use them?
3) What can you say about RUST protection on these trucks?
4) Do you know any common problems with these trucks (for example: engine, rust, ...)
5) Crash tests!!! Any PHOTOs of crash accidents are highly wellcome!!!

Your information wil be very usefull for all russian owners of Great Wall cars! I'll post it in Russian forums!

If you can tell much information - please tell it!
Any opinions are wellcome.
Hello Vladimir-S,

Here are some pictures of the GWM Vargas achiving Euro NCAP 4 standard (not an official NCAP test though):

http://auto.people.com.cn/mediafile/200603/31/F2006033108594700000.jpeg
http://auto.people.com.cn/mediafile/200603/31/F2006033109000000000.jpeg
http://auto.people.com.cn/mediafile/200603/31/F2006033109004600000.jpeg

More pictures here: http://auto.people.com.cn/GB/1049/4257163.html

GWM have a forum where they answer quetions here: http://www.gwm.com.cn/html/06_cczy/b200206a.htm

And Great Wall General Manager Wang Feng Ying (Yes-a female in charge of the company) recently answered a load of questions online, you can watch here:
Http://auto.people.com.cn/GB/51661/51667/61703/index.html (http://auto.people.com.cn/GB/51661/51667/61703/index.html)
and some pictures:
http://auto.people.com.cn/GB/14556/4276009.html

OK -I don't expect you will understand the text or interview but thought I would post it for those that can and maybe they will post up anything relevant which they find. Its good to see a company that takes an interest in its customers. :)

Vladimir-S
04-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Thanks a lot, Windy! :thumb:
I don't understand chinese language at all - but pictures will be very usable! :)

firefox
04-20-2006, 06:31 PM

It's hard to tell but most people would prefer GW to ZX. Frankly speaking, ZX is a brand that not a lot of people know, GW isn't a house-hold name neither but it's getting better and better. My mother has a colleague who owns a GW deer for at least 5 years and he seems to be quite satisfied with this truck today although he had little trust in this brand when he was making his decision to buy it. The only thing that attracted him at the moment was its low price. However, I think GW today is doing a good job and will hopefully grow into a important competitor in the auto market. Personally I hope so.

As to ZhongXing, I don't really know much about it so I can't provide much information.

In fact, most pick-up makers in China are located in Hebei Province like GW, ZX.....I can name quite a few! As they are from the same place, more importantly as they offered at beginning almost the same makes and none of them had a reputable brand, so for a while, I just called them ''Hebei carmakers'' for short.

As one thing in common, all these manufacturers began their business with small capital and with little help from government which differ from such state owned companies as FAW and SAIC. Today, Some of them survived while most of them disppeared after 2 or 3 years's struggle in the business. Amongst all these makers, GW has got the best brand recognition and is without doubt the leader while all the others seem to have little difference to most Chinese. ZX may be better but still NOT as good as GW, that's sure!

XinKai is a very good exemple of those small ''Hebei carmakers'' on which people have little impression. I've just heard about it maybe once so I was quite surprised to learn it was exporting vehicles to Russia while I wasn's surprised at all that the Russian importer stopped the contract because of its poor quality. All these ''Hebei carmakers'' eager to export their cars coz they are trying all possibilities to survive in the competition. On the other hand, only such competition could make a company strong, that's also why I think GW has a big potentiel to succeed.

Nice to meet you Vladimir! I'm very glad to share my opinions of Chinese cars with you. You know I was so so surprised when I happened to see a Chinese car last time when I was in Sheremetyevo.

Vladimir-S
04-21-2006, 02:19 AM
Firefox, thanks for the really great post! :)

My mother has a colleague who owns a GW deer for at least 5 years and he seems to be quite satisfied with this truck today although he had little trust in this brand when he was making his decision to buy it. The only thing that attracted him at the moment was its low price.

This case is very close to my case too. In our family we decide to buy a good NEW FOREIGH car for the first time. And spend large amount of money. For the 1st time we decided to buy FordFocus sedan, but my father (the user of new car) was very impressed of an advertisment of LARGE "cheap" car. It's kind of dreams comes true!!!
So we went to see Great Wall in auto-shop. But we did't like it for after 1st visit - quality wasn't good (shortly - car looked like used, not new). But for the 2nd visit (after 2 months) in another auto-shop we saw Great Wall - and it was relly ANOTHER car! "Shining" with not any defects!

Today our GW truck is about 7-month old and has run 30000km. Everything is very good - not any breakdowns at all (only very very insignificant).

We didn't buy ZX Admiral because it was more expensive, haven't got body (truck) cover (+600...2500$), and have some bad feedbacks in internet forums. And now ZX users have problems with spare parts, they are rare!

So I see that our decision was absolutly right! :)

Nice to meet you Vladimir! I'm very glad to share my opinions of Chinese cars with you. You know I was so so surprised when I happened to see a Chinese car last time when I was in Sheremetyevo.

Thanks! For me it's really nice to meet you too! I live in the nothern part of Moscow and my parents live near Sheremetyevo. They can almost see this airport from their balcony. Now there are more and more chinese cars in Moscow. I see 1 or 2 everyday! :)

hazik
04-21-2006, 05:02 PM
So you have 2 foreign cars, Ford Focus and Great Wall pickup?

Vladimir-S
04-22-2006, 01:03 AM
No we've got Great Wall pickup only. And an old Mercedes sedan E200 1986.

SUVdeal
06-05-2006, 04:57 AM
We are car dealing company from Bulgaria interested in importing GWM cars.Could you advice how to get in touch with them?
Thank you
I appreciate your help.

Raul
06-06-2006, 05:09 AM
Have you visited this web site ??

http://www.globalautoindex.com/maker.plt?no=2402&g=Great%20Wall

Telephone number, fax number and e-mail address available.

pokershark
06-06-2006, 05:54 PM
Hey SUVDEAL, did you also contact zhongxing , gonow or xinkai? they are all suv dealers from china..

heres the contact raul posted

Company name: Baoding Great Wall Automobile Holding Co., Ltd
Address: 115 Gongnong Road, Baoding, Hebei Province
Tel: +86-312-219-2685
Fax: +86-312-219-9700
E-mail: gwitd@gwm.com.cn business@gwm.com.cn
URL: www.gwm.com.cn
www.gwpickup.com

micodelija
06-17-2006, 09:56 AM
za great wall u bulgarskoj javi se na private...pozdrav

micodelija
06-17-2006, 10:26 AM
i have hover it have 10000 miles..not problems

micodelija
06-17-2006, 10:27 AM
i have deer 35000 miles...we crash it...it's was ok :) now is still driving on the gas...

micodelija
06-17-2006, 10:28 AM
safe have about 20000 miles...we have problems with the paint on the vehicle...

micodelija
06-17-2006, 10:28 AM
deer disel have about 50000 miles..it look horible beacuse it's wreceked but it's sill driving

Dennis Juan Sanabria
08-09-2006, 01:43 PM
:thumb: I whant to have contact whith people do now aboute Greatwall brand, Iam goin to wait:confused: :confused:

Admin
08-09-2006, 02:27 PM
welcome to chinacarforums dennis. :)

some of the people in this foum own a Great wall, please look thru the Great wall motor sub forum to see pics and info

Pakistan
08-20-2006, 09:46 PM
i am going to import hover to pakistan . what its price in china and how is its durabily and etc?plz post also pics and give information

Dennis Juan Sanabria
08-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Hello! if you want to have a GW HOVER, and you dont have a dealer in Pakistan, write to GW the web side is www.gwm.com.cn and they have a especial way to do. Good Luck, Dennis Juan Sanabria.

toemo
09-05-2006, 04:21 AM
Hi,
a German-Newspaper wrote, that GWM will exports the Hover to Europa and especially to Germany, too.
Has anybody heart or read about it (in China)?
Thanks
toemo

micodelija
09-05-2006, 04:38 PM
no...they are going to italy

Dennis Juan Sanabria
09-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Mr Micodelia! do you think it is posible to have 4X4 in the future to pickup Single Cab and E·xtra Cab Diesel ? And: Is posible to have now the Safe, Sing and Hover Diesel 4x4 ? Please aswered me... Thanks again, Dennis Juan

micodelija
09-06-2006, 05:20 PM
I doubt that GWM will produce 4x4 for single cab and extra cab,deer is an old model...it's a good vehicle but i doubt that comapany want to invest in old models,presnonaly i think that all models of pick up's must have 4x4,also the competition have it,mazda,mitsubishi,isuzu,or toyota

As i know safe is not avalaible with diesel engine,sing is avalaible with diesel and 4x4 but only 57 KW???,i think that hover will be avalible with 4x4 diesel engine but again,only 70 kW??? on 1900 kg??? I am not still drive that INTEC engine,i hope that it will be soon,maybe in near future they will offer new diesel engine for all models. I heard something that company will devolp new common rail 2.0 diesel engine,stronger then this one 2.8,i am not sure for now.I am a fan of gasoline engines...and than put them on LPG. It's much cheaper to drive it because of the price of LPG,50 % lower than fuel.Also it's good for the engine.Also i don't know why company in hover have mitsubihsi engine instead of their gw 2.4 engine??? They have strong production of engines.

Dennis Juan Sanabria
09-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks very much Micodelia, I am happy whit your aswered. But I whant to now it is posible to GWM to have in single cab and extracab a 4x4 Diesel, i now that you say Deer is a old model, but in a new model do you think thay are going to use 4x4 Diesel. Because in Costa Rica, my contry, the people use a lot of Single Cab and extra cab in Diesel 4X4, example: TOYOTA,MAZDA, ISUZU and Misubishi they have this type of pickup in 4x4 Diesel TDI. Thanks again, best regards Dennis Juan

micodelija
09-07-2006, 02:47 PM
as i know...the diesel engine will be basic engine in wingle pick up model,i think that it will be 4x4

guatemala
09-15-2006, 02:06 PM
hi to all group!!!!
can i know wich pick-up models GWM sells in guatemala? (size, engine etc.)?
i need a pick-up with diesel engine and i don't know if GWM sells pick-up with diesel engines in guatemala.

thanks for your attention and cooperation!!

fabio.

Dennis Juan Sanabria
09-16-2006, 11:51 AM
To the people in Guatemala, When Guatemala star the bussinnes whit GWM, we sold from Costa Rica units pick up in Diesel. I now they have Diesel engine, because in all Central America GWM have dealers, and we use diesel engine, enter in : GreatwallGuatemala.com, to see what happen, please call me back Phone: (506) 234-0201, best regards, Dennis Juan Sanabria, GreatwallCosta Rica.

Admin
09-18-2006, 07:27 PM
GreatwallGuatemala.com website doesnt work

FreeRid
10-16-2006, 08:38 AM
I have a question for Great Wall Deer owners: at what RMP-value (or speed) do you usually turn next gear? As for me, if I'm not in a hurry, I turn next gear at 2500 RPM, so engine's working range is 1700-2500 RPM approximately. But if I need to accelerate hard, I use up to 3500-4000 RPM.

What can you say about it? Is my way of using car normal, or I should to be more careful with engine and don't allow so high engine rotation speed?

micodelija
10-20-2006, 06:15 AM
yes you are driving just fine..my deer goes like hell,i am a very quick driver and usually in every speed i change between 4000 rmp,hehe,also we did some modifications to our vehicles,but the speedometer from deer in safe,it's fit's perfect.

Tapsula
11-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Mr Micodelia! do you think it is posible to have 4X4 in the future to pickup Single Cab and E·xtra Cab Diesel ? And: Is posible to have now the Safe, Sing and Hover Diesel 4x4 ? Please aswered me... Thanks again, Dennis Juan

GW is manufacturing at least Sing and Sailor with diesel engine. Sailor Pick-up is having also double cabin.

Shiner
01-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Can somebody provide me a contact to GWM sales organization Europe?
PM is fine.

Thanks,
S.

dragin
01-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Hope this will be of some help Shiner.

EURASIA MOTOR -Marco De Bonis Marketing Manager
http://www.eurasiamotor.com/ita/home_ita.php

Shiner
01-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Thanks!

micodelija
01-10-2007, 05:43 PM
also you can contact the offical distrubiur for ex yugoslavia (near italy)
www.gwmeu.com

clean32
01-24-2007, 01:22 AM
I am interested to know, what problems owners have had with there cars, or with their dealers?
I am in Russia and am very happy with my G3 but I have had a couple of electrical problems, more annoying than any thing else. Plus the wait time for parts, over a week ?? Anyone else? Good pickups but hay no one is perfect.:lol:

micodelija
01-24-2007, 08:08 AM
and which problems do you have? can you specify it? i also have deer G5 model,and i don't have any problems with it...now have over 60000 kilometers

clean32
01-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Nothing major, windscreen wiper motor died waiting for a replacement as with the Speedo stopped then started then finally gave up again. Waiting for a replacement. Cant open the back when its below -15 LOL. I don’t live in Moscow and there are no local dealers where I am. So I am not upset about waiting a week or two for parts, just a little annoyed that I have to fix anything at all. To put it in context i had much worse problems with a mizzy it died on the way home from the dealer on the motorway in the fast lane and it was raining. Apart from that i think I have a good wagon for where I live, infact if I wasn’t over 6 foot tall it would be ideal LOL i have 20 000 klm so is all under warranty

Admin
01-24-2007, 03:14 PM
I am interested to know, what problems owners have had with there cars, or with their dealers?
I am in Russia and am very happy with my G3 but I have had a couple of electrical problems, more annoying than any thing else. Plus the wait time for parts, over a week ?? Anyone else? Good pickups but hay no one is perfect.:lol:

welcome to china car forums Clean32:)

clean32
01-25-2007, 02:56 AM
thanks Chery Driver

dragin
01-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Great real world feedback, Clean 32. Thank you and welcome to CCF.

Some folks may not know that the cars we're talking of here, the G3 and G5, are Great Wall's Deer extra cab pickup models,equipped with pickup bed caps. These seem to be quite popular in Russia.

The Irito website is a great source for Great Wall's offerings in Russia.

http://www.irito.ru/

clean32
01-27-2007, 01:13 AM
LOL, as I said before I don’t live in Moscow, about 4 hours drive out. I am often stopped just to be asked what i am driving.(police included)
I Lived in Thailand for a few years back in the early 90s when the pickup revolution took hold, not only were they the ideal vehicle, right place right time. But they also had a large affect on the economy. A sudden jump in internal logistics. I have this feeling that Russia is in need of the same logistical improvement. And pickups can provide this. The jap pickups are about 30-40% more expensive than GW. the jap dealers seem to be targeting the top end of the market anyway (example Ford local dealer sold there last pickup Mazda B about a week before I rang, they said they wouldn’t be getting any more) Anyway my point is I think if GW was to forget about Moscow and push for dealers in the smaller centers say pop 500K and then if they were to push say the single cab and possibly a flat deck with and without 4X4 they would clean up this market. Oh and teach some good old western customer service as well, both Russia and china are lacking in this respect. anyway thats my 10cents worth Coments ???

dragin
01-27-2007, 10:11 AM
I couldn't agree with you more Clean. Your assessment is right on the mark. The same phenomenon occurred in the U.S. during the recession of the late 70s, early 80s. The barebones Japanese 4X2 pickups 皮卡 could be purchased for less than one would pay for a sedan. It was the springboard for Japanese import success. And then once that pickup 皮卡 was mated with the jeep 吉普车, it spawned the SUV of today.

clean32
01-28-2007, 12:59 AM
From what I have read about GW and there problems getting started in Russia (manufacturing). A Nivia 4x4 4 door pickup. Of which they don’t make many and I am told there is a 3 month wait. Is the same price as a 4x2 4 door deer. The main difference is you can drive the deer at higher highway speeds ( i.e. keep up with the traffic) and they drive just so much nicer and they look cool (mine is black lol).

GREAT WALL PLEASE PLEASE GET YOUR DEALER NET WORK SORTED/EXSPANDED

when i first rang a Mosscow dealer i got the imprestion that thay DIDNT want to sell me a car, i even started to beg!!!!

clean32
02-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Hi
any one know how to contact GW head office in china re service???

phaeton
02-02-2007, 02:30 AM
E-mail: gwitd@gwm.com.cn business@gwm.com.cn
URL: www.gwm.com.cn
www.gwpickup.com

Thanks to http://www.globalautoindex.com/maker.plt?no=2402&g=Great%20Wall

dragin
02-02-2007, 08:34 AM
I think that is the old address.
If it doesn't work, the new one I have is:

2266 Chaoyang South St., Baoding , Hebei 071000
Tel: 86-312-2197684,86-312-2197686
Fax: 86-312-2197680

phaeton
02-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Thanks Dragin :D, I deleted old address;)

clean32
02-03-2007, 09:24 AM
thanks mate
i filcked them an E mail on thursday evening (russian Time)
and was very impressed that my wife got a phone call this morning (saterday)
and again someone rang this afternoon when we were out.
We are exspecting anothere call on monday.

Cheers

sir wellington
02-27-2007, 05:49 PM

the deer line of pickups carry the same engine (gas) as the sailor; i own a sailor and four days after i bought it refused to start at a very prestigeous function (what embarrassment). no power was reaching the gas pump; this was however dealtwith after four days. the deer whcih uses an electric fan has problems with the theremostat (overheating).

brazas
03-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Hello all,

Our company would like to buy 10 "Great Wall Hover" for re-selling in Baltic States. Please send offers with details to: rbmeee@yahoo.com

Or write your offer in this forum.

THANK YOU!

Rock-N-Roll
03-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Start at the home page here - http://www.gwm.com.cn/

They actually have a page with instructions on how to become a distributor (doesn't get much freakin easier than that) here http://www.gwm.com.cn/eng/html/service/agency.asp

And, they actually give you money to start selling thier cars, plus an apartment here http://www.okIwasjokingaboutthatone.com

micodelija
03-07-2007, 03:20 AM
Hello all,

Our company would like to buy 10 "Great Wall Hover" for re-selling in Baltic States. Please send offers with details to: rbmeee@yahoo.com

Or write your offer in this forum.

THANK YOU!

you are very inserius...first of all you can buy the vehicles on internet¨,you must provide spart parts,homolgation,services and all...the friend write you best way,contact the company directly,then you will get information,but first you must go to china directly to GWM

micodelija
03-07-2007, 10:19 AM
for now i didn't have any problems,the left window was working little slower,but the reason is that when i buy the car i didn't pull of the nailon down how i supose to do,so i mess up this :),i also have problem with the police,they stop me to see what car i am driving!

BringIt
03-07-2007, 01:24 PM
That's funny - police stopping you to see what you're driving?!? Is it out of curiosity or they think you have an illegal vehicle?

micodelija
03-09-2007, 03:22 AM
just curiosity...:)

clean32
04-12-2007, 01:48 AM
Thanks thay put me intuch with Evan ay irito in moscow things happend fast all fixed and thanks to irito.

there apears to be an intresting issue with all dealers not being real dealers, when i was in moscow last irito quoted me a price 50 000 rubles less for a deer5 than the local price.

if anyone was to ask me i would say suport the dealer IRITO.com and forget the rest
5 stars for them

sir wellington
05-15-2007, 10:37 PM

had a few electrical problems myself; gw sailor four days after i bought it could not start. but it i ok now. do you have a good toyota shop close by many of the parts are only different in name. if you can take the defective part with you i am sure you can get a japanese substitute; thats what i do as i have a problem with the quality of the chinese replacement parts.:o

clean32
05-29-2007, 11:48 AM
to keep it short, i contacted China, thay contacted moscow, i was then iformed that thay had puled the dealership of the agent where i purchaced my D3, and good to them for doing it, there service was crap.
in short the Moscow dealer sent a truck up to get my d3. it came back 2 days latter all fixed. Thank you GW

xenfasa
07-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Does anyone have any contact information for an English Speaking Great Wall Representative in Costa Rica?

Xen

pluton20
07-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Dennis Sanabria: Como estas hasta q alfin pude conectarme bien al foro voz sabes quien soy saludos.

pluton20
07-18-2007, 11:02 AM
XENFASA: hi friend if yuo need a contact information foran greatwall representative in costa rica the name of te gay is Dennis Sanabria he is in the forum

Dennis Juan Sanabria
07-18-2007, 12:43 PM
I´m Dennis, from GreatWall Costa Rica, if you need my help, pleace call me back, my fhone (506)234-0201 my email dennis@amnet.co.cr, best regards

jvpe67
07-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Is there room for a third row seat in the hover ? At least for children ?

micodelija
07-27-2007, 06:26 AM
it's not recommented because of saftey, is somebody crash you from behind your kinds would be seriusly hurt...you have a SING MODEL which have 7 seats.

george_vg
07-31-2007, 02:09 AM
Hello All

[Posted in Gonow forum as well]

Anyone know if Gonow uses a different chassis or axle than GWM?

In South Africa, the single cab pickup from Gonow can only carry a load of 925kg, while single cab pickup from GWM can carry a load of 1080kg!

Both pickups weighs 1420kg

Anyone that has any idea?

Gonow: xxx.gonowauto.co.za/specifications.asp
GWM: xxx.gwm.co.za/

I'm trying hard to figure out which one to buy for my business.

Cheers

George

Carrelated
07-31-2007, 04:31 PM
Hey George, I'm trying to find some info for you on the gonow trucks, but I can find accurate info. However, I came across this article in wheels 24 about the gonow truck single cab for the SA market. As per their info, the single cab can handle 1,025 KG. Please follow this link: :thumb:

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/NewModels/0,,1369-1374_2149005,00.html

jvpe67
07-31-2007, 07:28 PM
Safety is always the most important issue.
However many small suv and cuv, like The Mercedes ML320 and many korean made suv's, have been able to place a third row of seat safely.
This is specially important to accomodate children.
I have noticed there is enough room for it, and This will help Hover to compete on the suv market globally.

george_vg
08-01-2007, 02:28 AM
Read this article and all I could find so far, but loadbox could hold 1025+ if the same as the Isuzu loadbox, but only legal limit allowed is 925kg...that usually point to "weaker" chassis or axle!
The GWM which "theoretically uses the same chassis & maybe the same axle is allowed 1080kg... so where is the difference?

Makes me worry if the chassis is actually really Isuzu, but thinner steel?

The vehicle also weighs less than the current 2.0 lt Isuzu so where did it shed its weight? hopefully not on the body or chassis!

Cheers
George

george_vg
08-02-2007, 06:51 AM
Hi Again

Anyone know what the Gross Axle Weight is on the Single Cab pickups?
..or who supplies GWM with axles so I can check myself?

Thanks

George

george_vg
08-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Front axle Unladen: 860kg

Front axle Laden: 940 kg

Rear axle Unladen: 650kg

Rear axle Laden: 1395kg

Thanks to GWM South Africa :)

jvpe67
08-16-2007, 11:39 AM
The availability of a third-row seat makes smaller SUV a great alternative to the traditional midsize SUV models.

Published in mercurynews.com, On October 13th 2006. "..........Hyundai says research shows 40 percent of CUV buyers want three rows of seats............."

micodelija
08-17-2007, 03:42 AM
last week in croatia died 9 people in car crashes,in all crashes people who seat at third row (vw sharan) was dead!!!
i think that people shoud't try their luck by that

brenholm
09-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Hi,

I've got a 2004 Great Wall Deer, double cab, Gas, 2 x 4 in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Recently my distributor went dead. I am looking for a new one, and wondering if there are any suggestions for Costa Rica.

The Parts Distributor out of San Jose, says that maybe it will be 15 days to order. I don't believe 15 days, I think longer, and also need it faster.

If anyone knows where I might be able to find one, please let me know!

Thanks,

sonic
09-07-2007, 03:04 AM
Good day all, I am in South Africa, and at the moment we only have the double cabs and the "multi wagon" (shine) from GWM, the Hover is supposedly coming within the next 3 months, but no-one is able to give prices yet, no all I need to know is what is the price for the shine and the hover in the US, or anywhere else. I am trying to figure out what the approximate cost of the Hover will be. All help will be greatly appreciated. :D

Dennis Juan Sanabria
09-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Hello!!! I work whith GWM in Costa Rica, please call to 222-0738 to by this part. :thumb:

Mienie9
09-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Hi,
I work here @ GWM in edenvale, unfortunaly we have orderd stock for next year of the Hover and still dont know what we are paying for it.

You can send me your details to sales1@gwmedenvale.co.za and i can let you know as soon as i find something out about the price.

Andre

vitordavid
09-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Hi people.
I am still a rookie in this forum, but i have some experience already with Chinesese Buses, see the buses forum if you like.
I live in a small island in west africa, I already sold in here many cars new and used. Diahatsu, Ssangyong, Seat, Daewoo.
For a long time i was thinking in importing directly from China cars to here.
Many brands and models passed by my head: ZX, Xinkai, Dadi, Chery, GWM...
Based in many information, direct contact with factories, insiders information, internet and specialy this forum. A special thank to Juan from Costa Rica and Nico. All your helpfull information was very important to me.
I will buy one Hover diesel super Luxury 4x4 for my wife and 2 more models to sell localy. I still dont know what to buy a Wingle a Sing or another Hover.
The only thing i know is that i will buy them diesel, because the petrol costs almost 2 dollars per liter and the disel costs 1,10 usd.
All of you GWM owners you have any advice for me? special request for the factory, some common spare part to order in advance?

Many thanks
vd

micodelija
10-01-2007, 09:41 AM
hello

if you need a car for family hover i a good idea, you also have a SING model with 7 seats, can be useful you families
also you have the dealer in south africa:
http://www.gwm.co.za/

try to contact, there, they for sure have spare parts and all what you need

vitordavid
10-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Many thanks for your coment Micodelija.

I must say i took in great apreciation your coments and specialy the pics you posted about your g.w.'s.
It would be a problem for me buiyng a car from South Africa, because Cape Verde is not very atached to Africa. Almost all the boats that arrive in here come from Portugal, Canary islands, Roterdam....

Anyway i am buyng them directly from China. I will order one Hover4x4 full extras to my wife as a personal car. And then i will buy some more to sell them in here. I sold over 40 cars in a couple of years in a island with 15.000 persons.
What i meant is it any special part of the cars more fragile that i should pay atention. For example clutch, springcoils, shock absorvers...
And you mico how many great walls have you sold?

micodelija
10-02-2007, 03:21 PM
here is croatia and in europe it's different law about homologation for vehicles, first what GWM must to do is to put new euro 4 engine, or euro 5...since that happend it will be very difficult to sell it because you can't...for now i think it's between 30 vehicles

Slick
10-25-2007, 04:19 AM
Sonic,

Seeing the US and Euro price it should be in the reason of R210k. How do you like the GMW's? And also, the fuel consumption ok or not?

Mienie9, do you know when the Steeds will ship?

Admin
10-25-2007, 08:21 AM
welcome to chinacarforums slick:)

Admin
10-25-2007, 08:22 AM
welcome to Chinacarforums also Andre, hoping to see you post more on GWM when you recieve shipments:)

jvpe67
11-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Can anyone help me to find a Plastic Cargo Cover for Wingle ?. In some markets they call it bed liner.

micodelija
11-27-2007, 02:51 AM
contact your local diler
http://www.chinamobil.ru/bb/files/3_181.jpg

jvpe67
11-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Thank you Micodelija !!!!
Very nice picture! What I need is something like the picture attached. I have already check with the dealer they have not found yet one that perfectly fits.

vitordavid
11-28-2007, 02:59 AM
I have some problems on this cargo cover.
I just bought the first batch of 6 wingles, still in production, but at Great Wall they mention they dont have it. Where can i found one in China?

lucho
11-30-2007, 09:30 AM
You can ask for isuzu D-MAX bed Liner it fits into cargo body of Wingle

micodelija
11-30-2007, 01:03 PM
I have some problems on this cargo cover.
I just bought the first batch of 6 wingles, still in production, but at Great Wall they mention they dont have it. Where can i found one in China?

I also want to find out who is doing that in china, winbo and huadian don't have it. Also i am interted in hard top's for other models of vehicles. Do you maybe know any company which produce that?

vitordavid
12-01-2007, 04:53 AM
Before i closed the deal with great wall, i was contacting other brands like zx auto, dadi. And they have the cargo cover and hard top, i dont understand why a bigger player like great wall dont have it!
Anyway where did you buy the hard top on your black wingle?

Lorotomas
12-27-2007, 06:18 PM
I have a GWM Deer 2005, the one and half cabin 4X2 model. I need to buy the central steering bar but the dealership doesn't have one. In the past I have bought parts form other brands that are exactly the same as GWM. For example the complete clutch assembly is the same as a Isuzu's NKR truck. I want to know if someone knows from which brand does GWM deer suspension is. Thanks in advance.

Loro.

micodelija
12-28-2007, 12:43 PM
if dealer don't have any part he must to order it and deliver it to you as final customer, if he order that by DHL it will come for about 3 to 5 days,if he take it by shipp it depends it which country are you from, but all parts are always avalaible

this is also right that some od the compoment fit's to great wall vehicles, for example, oil filter from kia soretno you can put on hover without any problems, safe model have the gearbox from kia sportage, light's for deer you can buy in toyota, also some stuff's in the engine, if you want to try look for toyota hilux models 2001 year

lucho
12-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Dear Loro.

I have the steering column in our warehouse. If you are near South America please contact me, and I can dispatch the part to your address via DHL. My e mail address is lsanchez@greatwall.com.co.

Best Regards.

mimicats2003
01-05-2008, 08:23 AM
:),It is nearly all right. I was in Baoding city where GW,ZX and Xinkai located when i was a undergraduate.
GW is the biggest one as i know they export auto to many countries such as Russian,Ukraine,Cuba,South America and Africa ,etc.

The Hebai carmakers mentioned by you are totally in Baoding city which located to the south of beijing about 146KL distance. It's a middle city with good history and culture background.There are more than ten high schools in this city and sharing a good reputation in north of china.

The brands of car made in Baoding include :GREAT WALL,ZHONGXIN TIANMA,DADI,XINKAI.

I do not know how many cars were exported to Russia,but i am sure that that is our best car made by chinese people totally.

I work for a trade company deal with auto parts of mentioned brand above.:)

It's hard to tell but most people would prefer GW to ZX. Frankly speaking, ZX is a brand that not a lot of people know, GW isn't a house-hold name neither but it's getting better and better. My mother has a colleague who owns a GW deer for at least 5 years and he seems to be quite satisfied with this truck today although he had little trust in this brand when he was making his decision to buy it. The only thing that attracted him at the moment was its low price. However, I think GW today is doing a good job and will hopefully grow into a important competitor in the auto market. Personally I hope so.

As to ZhongXing, I don't really know much about it so I can't provide much information.

In fact, most pick-up makers in China are located in Hebei Province like GW, ZX.....I can name quite a few! As they are from the same place, more importantly as they offered at beginning almost the same makes and none of them had a reputable brand, so for a while, I just called them ''Hebei carmakers'' for short.

As one thing in common, all these manufacturers began their business with small capital and with little help from government which differ from such state owned companies as FAW and SAIC. Today, Some of them survived while most of them disppeared after 2 or 3 years's struggle in the business. Amongst all these makers, GW has got the best brand recognition and is without doubt the leader while all the others seem to have little difference to most Chinese. ZX may be better but still NOT as good as GW, that's sure!

XinKai is a very good exemple of those small ''Hebei carmakers'' on which people have little impression. I've just heard about it maybe once so I was quite surprised to learn it was exporting vehicles to Russia while I wasn's surprised at all that the Russian importer stopped the contract because of its poor quality. All these ''Hebei carmakers'' eager to export their cars coz they are trying all possibilities to survive in the competition. On the other hand, only such competition could make a company strong, that's also why I think GW has a big potentiel to succeed.

shgenii
01-28-2008, 08:18 PM
I live in Shanghai, but have followed the markets here. Though I really liked GReat Wall products, I would never buy any for the simple reason that the engines on the old models Sing, SaFe and others are so under powered, yet extremely thirsty and requires repairs constantly.

I have yet to try the Hoover as there are so many better models available.

Hi people.
I am still a rookie in this forum, but i have some experience already with Chinesese Buses, see the buses forum if you like.
I live in a small island in west africa, I already sold in here many cars new and used. Diahatsu, Ssangyong, Seat, Daewoo.
For a long time i was thinking in importing directly from China cars to here.
Many brands and models passed by my head: ZX, Xinkai, Dadi, Chery, GWM...
Based in many information, direct contact with factories, insiders information, internet and specialy this forum. A special thank to Juan from Costa Rica and Nico. All your helpfull information was very important to me.
I will buy one Hover diesel super Luxury 4x4 for my wife and 2 more models to sell localy. I still dont know what to buy a Wingle a Sing or another Hover.
The only thing i know is that i will buy them diesel, because the petrol costs almost 2 dollars per liter and the disel costs 1,10 usd.
All of you GWM owners you have any advice for me? special request for the factory, some common spare part to order in advance?

Many thanks
vd

shgenii
01-28-2008, 08:24 PM
The Sing and Safe are out dated copies and more than a half dozen manufactures offer simular looking trucks all with same running gears and engine. A very thirsty little engine that needs breath hard to push such a heavy truck.

micodelija
01-29-2008, 06:51 AM
you can fix that with chip tuning, car goes simply better and have 20 ps more, safe is also avalaible with mitsubishi 4g64 engine

ironman
02-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Dear Friends,

My name is Shak and I'm new in this forum. I hope to find lots of interesting here.

sonic
02-07-2008, 02:37 AM
Well, this is somethig I think alot of people are wondering. Since some say the GWM's are normal :confused: on fuel, some say certain models are a bit heavy. :confused: .... now the question is:

can someone pls give some examples. as in real world ones. km/liter, or km on a tank, but include what capacity your tank is.

Specifically interested in the Wingle / Steed (depending on which country) the 2.8td, and then the 2.4 petrol engine. (Sing / Multiwagon)

Your info will be greatly appreciated. :)

micodelija
02-08-2008, 04:56 AM
we have one hover and wingle diesel, the consuption was beteween 10 liters od diesel, on open road goes on 8 liters of diesel

for sing model i don't have any expirience, i know that there is avalaible 2.2 engine, and 2.8 tdi engine(not TC like wingle), for that 2.4 engine is it the same from mitsubishi or the engine from company 2.4 made by GWM?

sonic
02-11-2008, 02:55 AM
the 2.4i from mitsubishi is the one in the Hover, if you know the consumtion on that one pls. also, how capable is the 2.4i in the Hover?

micodelija
02-12-2008, 02:15 AM
i have that with mitsubishi engine, hover consuption is between 10-12 liters of gasoline, on the highway when i drive over 160 km/h goes on 14 liters, but i have the LPG sistem on it so i am not worried about it :)

my hover how have over 55000 miles and car works perceftly, i didn't change a single light on it :cool:

tchayton
03-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Whoa! That's a neck-breaking experience. I think great wall truck ZX auto admirals not only in terms of its car parts but its utility as well.

ash
03-12-2008, 11:10 PM
welcome to the ccf community tchayton:)

GeneralGrievous
04-12-2008, 08:59 PM
hi! I'm a rookie too here, although I've had a couple of posts...

my stepdad's just bought a Safe - it will arrive in like two weeks - and I was just wondering if anyone had information about it... you know, crash tests, safety issues, performance, etc...

hope you can help me! =D

micodelija
04-14-2008, 08:01 AM
for crash test safe have ece r94 regulation, so car is ok,new models have 4 disc brakes which is much better
i don't know which engine he have...but i think that is 2.2 mpi with 78 kw
maybe he need more power but car goes 160 without a problem
when you drive it on hills change the gear in 3rd and step on it
do the regular service after 8000 km

GeneralGrievous
04-28-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm getting my Great Wall Safe tomorrow (well, not mine, but my stepdad's) and I was wondering what informationj you guys have about it. I don't know, crash tests, technical stuff, anything...

I'm pretty excited, really. it may not be the best SUV ever, but it's pretty good-looking, although I must confess the interiors are kinda cheap-looking XD I'm gonna enjoy sitting inside it a lot, though, I'm pretty sure :P

mememe
04-29-2008, 01:45 AM
Didn't someone here already answer your question ?

GeneralGrievous
04-29-2008, 06:36 PM
uhm... I don't think so... :S either I checked the topic to late and the post got lost, or I was never answered...

anyway, we just got our Safe. we spent like 40 mins removing all the plastic coverings and programming the stereo and everything.. I like it, I mean, it ain't a luxury car, but it ain't ugly either. it's comfortable, it's big and it runs pretty well :)

I'll just have to see how it behaves in the next couple of weeks ^^

mememe
04-30-2008, 04:44 PM
nice, keep us updated.

beijingdave
05-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Apologies if this it's inappropriate to post this in this forum but I'm desperately looking to find a new instrument / gauge cluster for 2005 Mei Ya Qi Bing (GW Sing). The local repair shop in Beijing says that the factory does not have replacements and that they can't find these anywhere.

I'd also be interested to find someone who can repair it. I'm trying to sell my car and need to have a functioning odometer at the very least.

Feel free to contact me offline @ beijingdave 'at' gmail.com

dragin
08-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Apologies if this it's inappropriate to post this in this forum but I'm desperately looking to find a new instrument / gauge cluster for 2005 Mei Ya Qi Bing (GW Sing)........

Welcome Beijing Dave. Sorry to have missed your post before now.
Certainly no need to apologize. I think the administrator of this site also welcomes such inquiries.
Despite the lack of response here so far, I hope you found the cluster you were looking for. It doesn't bode well for Great Wall Auto to not ensure spare parts availability. This one cause has led to the demise of many an automaker.
By the way that Sing model body was produced by Fudi (Foday) and has an instrument cluster that is common to many Chinese SUVs like Dadi, Changfeng, Tianma, Foton, FAW, Gonow, etc.. It should be available outside the GW network of repair shops.

Rafael
03-28-2010, 04:00 AM
Hellow.

I own a year 2006 Hover, and no problem so far, but its only over 34.000 km.

I would like to change the radio/air condicioned control to this one from these web page:

I can not post a URLs, but you may make a google search for:
"Integrative Car DVD/GPS (HD-CH01)" or
"Hasda Electric Ltd. China - ECVV"

I know from the forum and other post, that changing the radio is very difficult, because of the mixed radio, a/c control and CD charger, but this thing is supposed to replace the radio and control panel from hover, yet still you can control the a/c and the CD charger and all funtions.

Do anyone have experience with this, or ordered from the manufacturer, price, quality, do the LCD screeen slip in/out, those it really works as they say, is it easy to replace?.

There is no other picture of this DVD/GPS.
My Hover has a TFT screen, not really a monitor unlike newer models.

Sorry, my english is not good.

Thanks.

micodelija
03-28-2010, 01:50 PM
http://www.chinamobil.ru/bb/viewtopic.php?t=16536&start=0

many people use those models in russia and work perfect, try to translate to you this page via google
http://www.chinamobil.ru/bb/files/122_156.jpg
http://www.chinamobil.ru/bb/files/88cba55f7b828490_original_833.jpg
it's very good sistem, quite popular in china, i also sow it in china and it's even better that original one

TonyJZX
03-28-2010, 06:59 PM
interesting that the unit plugs straight in a direct replacement

nice looking unit too

Rafael
03-29-2010, 12:44 AM
woww... Looks very nice.:thumb:
Thanks for the pictures, Its very helpfull.
I will try to get one of those.

Thank you, from Costa Rica...

micodelija
04-23-2010, 06:32 PM
today is 2010 and your hover is 2008 with 9065 km? what do you do with the car? keep it in garage whole year? or you buy a one year old new car which was on stock?

hover is little bit lazy in first 20000 km, simply the engine need that period to adopt and after that is goes much better, also i am wondering how you vehicles go so slow with couple of person inside, A/C don't have such huge impact on this car, because it have enough HP to carry it, by my opinion you should check your air,fuel filter and spark plug and replace them, becasue car have such low mileage i think that it was parked for very long time somewhere, i can't find any other explenation for such low mileage, hover like to be driver at high rpm, so don't bother to stick the throttle to "the end", simply hover like when you drive it like that

here is one sample:
http://i42.tinypic.com/5jtwxz.jpg
my car have only 1 month and we do a first service to replace engine oil on 2500 km, on 7500 km i drive this car with full speed for over 200 km at local highway and nothing happend, this car now have over 100.000 without any engine problems and goes quite good for a 2ton suv, from the beggining you should drive this engine without much saving, simply japanese engines like high rpm :thumb:

for the vibrations, check the proppeler shaft and make a balance, or simply check the tires and balance them, keep the pressure between 2,3 on front and 2,5,2,6 on rear if you drive lot of persons there, i think that here is nothing serius, if still you have problem go to your service station to check the suspension but i don't think that there is any problem with it

micodelija
04-24-2010, 03:48 AM
thank you dear ,

for your replay but we have no service station in my country ( i'm in iraq ) i wish to drive with high R.P.M and like to go over hels and mountens but the car can't go .

about the vibration it's in any speed slow or high but its apen in high R.P.M and i wont to know how to change the fuel pump couse i replaced all the spark pluges and fillters .

regards
HOVER FOR EVER

hhahaha...i am no dear :D

how you don't have service station in iraq? great wall export many units there, from 1998 year it started with pick up's i am sure that you have service station somewhere, there is also an importer on web site, so you can contact gwm to see who is it, i can check it for you

my suggestion is that you go to the JORDAN, it's very near and it's the most bigger great wall center in middle east: http://www.gwm-jo.com/
http://www.gwm.com.cn/eng/html/news/news/100414a.htm

jordan is near iraq, so you should somehow arrange a service there and do complete service of your vehicle there :thumb:

gerardo66
06-03-2010, 07:36 AM
hi just bought this unit and i recived today look very cool
i also get the two dvd headrest in black leather
but now how to install?????:confused: ?

Rafael
06-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi. Read the link from Micodelia, ist's almost step by step, but I think it is not a work that I can do myself, it looks complicated, the link is very informative.
You may use Google to traslate the web page to your language.

If you get the unit installed, don't forget to post pictures.

Good Luck with the install.:thumb:

micodelija
06-12-2010, 02:41 AM
:thumb: , just do like rafael write you, translate that russian website via google and you have there step by step installation, make sure that good electric repairman do the job, don't do it personaly if you don't understand and wish you best of luck

jvpe67
06-22-2010, 12:32 AM
gerardo
could you help buying one of these ?
Where did you buy yours ?

Chrislin
11-26-2010, 03:09 AM
Hover SUV looks beautiful,however,and i don't know much about it.

syche
12-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi All

I just bought a hover and will receive it next month:) . after having tested all version i finally took the 4G69 as the diesel engine, 2.5, 2.8 and 2.0 are really not worth being installed on a 4wd. They got no torque under 1800 or 2000RPM, really disappointing when you look at the specs and magic numbers.

At the opposite, the gas engine is really alive, punchy from low rpm and really enjoyable.

Now come the issue, I asked my dealer if he could change the the GPS and radio display to english:rolleyes: , and he could not give me an answer.:( .

As the hover is sold in many countries, i believe it should be possible to get the English version in it, but i have no idea where to find it, and how to do it:rolleyes: .

Any of you already tried this?

I will have the original Greatwall not some after sales install .

I will keep you posted as i make the upgrades, it is planned to be a very hot machine

ashtonwilson
04-13-2011, 05:21 AM
Good day all, My name is Ashton Wilson and I live in Cape Town, South Africa. Two years ago I bought a GWM 2.2i mp double cab. Until recently i was very happy but now after 23000 kms I am having a problem with engine overheating. I have taken it to the agents here but they cannot or will not help me. Under normal conditions the vehicle operates normally but as soon as there is a load on the engine it starts to overheat. I have replaced the thermostat, radiator cap and the fan/resistor unit. There is no coolant loss so do not suspect a leak.
The engine is the 491 QE type
What more can I do

Regards

Ashton

daalos
04-14-2011, 02:54 AM
Wash circuit of cooling, radiator and completely remove the thermostat, go without him for a while and see how it acts - if still warm.
May be the new thermostat is damaged / blocked.
If still warm, it is possible to damage the water pump.

ashtonwilson
04-14-2011, 05:21 AM
Thanks very much Aries, will try your suggestions and advise, Ashton