China Car Forums

China Car Forums (http://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chery (http://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Chery QQ3 (http://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=854)

gr8 10-28-2006 10:06 PM

chery looks liek they have their own trademark in the steering wheel.
http://www.mychery.net/forum/html/ut...-q10-embed.jpg

m14 10-29-2006 02:07 AM

Cheap & Cheery (Chery QQ Review)

Little China car surprises big man JACOBUS RAJ, who discovers hidden pleasures in flicking stick and tight car parks

I'M a large guy by Malaysian standards (over 180cm and 95kg). The made-in-China Chery QQ is a compact car, by any standard. But, when it comes to comfort and ease of use, the QQ was a pleasant surprise.

I have problems driving some compacts because of my height but, with some fiddling with the seat, I discovered that the car accommodated me very well although those behind me would find the accommodation a bit cramped. Initially, I was a bit apprehensive when asked to try out the car, but once behind the driver's seat, my perception quickly changed and I soon began to enjoy the ride.

With its plush seats and surprisingly roomy interior, the 800cc vehicle is easy to get around in and almost perfect for urban use.

The AMT stands for automated manual transmission, something that's familiar to those driving the similarly designated Proton Savvy.

The Chery QQ
To recap, the AMT is a manual transmission but it does not require the driver to depress the clutch pedal. Actually, there isn't one since actuators are used to release and engage the clutch and change gears automatically.

There is an auto mode but for more control, just flick the shifter to manual mode and push the stick to “+” to shift up and “-” for a lower or higher gear ratio.

The AMT transmission was a surprise find as it is not usually found in cars below 1.0-litre but Chery's engineers have done a good job of tuning the gears.

Gear shifting is relatively smooth. There is the odd jerk now and then but, for the most part, there were no issues with the transmission throughout the two days I had the car.

The three-cylinder DOHC engine is more than capable of meeting the needs of urban driving and, while the QQ may not win many races, it is still zippy enough to satisfy most.

The three-cylinder engine is good enough for zipping around town.
The car rides through corners well and its small turning radius does make it easy to handle in cramped car parks.

Even with a full load of passengers, there is little roll when entering a corner, and this helps give the driver confidence.

The QQ comes adorned with various security features but of special note are the power windows.

Should the windows be inadvertently left open when the car is switched off and the doors locked – after picking up a parking ticket, for example – the security system automatically closes the window.

Taking the QQ onto the streets of Petaling Jaya, the sleek rounded lines of the car and its bright apple green hue attracted a fair number of second glances.

As an urban runabout, the QQ performs admirably and, to be honest, one of the first things I did when I got the car was to go grocery shopping.

Seating is plush and the interior is surprisingly spacious.
It was here that another feature of the car came in particularly handy. At first glance, there does not seem to be much boot space, compared to other compact hatchbacks. However, with a few easy and quick movements, the rear seats are out of place and leaning against the front seats while the seat rests recline fully to create a flat space for storage, increasing the boot space threefold.

This feature is particularly useful as it allows transportation of a lot of items. Also, one can choose which side of the rear seat to drop, enabling passengers to still enjoy a ride in the back.

The fit and finish of this China made car is quite acceptable. Engine noise does penetrate the cabin but this is easily overcome by cranking up the stereo.

During some night drives, I found that the large lights did not merely look good but lit up the roads perfectly.

The Chery QQ AMT's sleek looks and bright colours (aside from Apple Green, the car will be available in Fallen Red, Lemon Yellow, Ocean Blue and Pink) make it a sight to behold on the roads.

I had a lot of fun trying out this car and, in my opinion, while it may not be the best of choices for long distance driving, it functions very well as a means of getting around the city.

The price? RM42,888, on the road, and it comes with a two-year or 50,000km (whichever comes first) free service package.

razorback 10-29-2006 08:16 AM

Sounds like a nice car!!:)

hazik 11-04-2006 10:14 PM

07 QQ is now called QQ308

http://www.mychery.net/forum/html/ut...91-2-embed.jpg

jmsteiny 11-05-2006 11:48 AM

Don't forget.........

You're right as far as the new name for the QQ (QQ308).......but don't forget that there is ALSO a QQ311. The number 3 refers to 'original' QQ and the numbers 08 or 11 refer to the engine size. The same is true for the QQ6 - there is a QQ611 and a QQ613. There will ALSO be the upcoming QQ5/QQ7 (not sure about that yet)......right now it's still known as the S12 but it IS supposed to be part of the growing QQ "family".

I love the new pics, by the way..........thanks Hazik!!!!:)

imoto 11-06-2006 11:52 PM

Qq311

So when will they start selling this car?

imoto 11-06-2006 11:59 PM

Qq

Quote:

Originally Posted by m14
Little China car surprises big man JACOBUS RAJ, who discovers hidden pleasures in flicking stick and tight car parks

I'M a large guy by Malaysian standards (over 180cm and 95kg). The made-in-China Chery QQ is a compact car, by any standard. But, when it comes to comfort and ease of use, the QQ was a pleasant surprise.

I have problems driving some compacts because of my height but, with some fiddling with the seat, I discovered that the car accommodated me very well although those behind me would find the accommodation a bit cramped. Initially, I was a bit apprehensive when asked to try out the car, but once behind the driver's seat, my perception quickly changed and I soon began to enjoy the ride.

With its plush seats and surprisingly roomy interior, the 800cc vehicle is easy to get around in and almost perfect for urban use.

The AMT stands for automated manual transmission, something that's familiar to those driving the similarly designated Proton Savvy.

The Chery QQ
To recap, the AMT is a manual transmission but it does not require the driver to depress the clutch pedal. Actually, there isn't one since actuators are used to release and engage the clutch and change gears automatically.

There is an auto mode but for more control, just flick the shifter to manual mode and push the stick to “+” to shift up and “-” for a lower or higher gear ratio.

The AMT transmission was a surprise find as it is not usually found in cars below 1.0-litre but Chery's engineers have done a good job of tuning the gears.

Gear shifting is relatively smooth. There is the odd jerk now and then but, for the most part, there were no issues with the transmission throughout the two days I had the car.

The three-cylinder DOHC engine is more than capable of meeting the needs of urban driving and, while the QQ may not win many races, it is still zippy enough to satisfy most.

The three-cylinder engine is good enough for zipping around town.
The car rides through corners well and its small turning radius does make it easy to handle in cramped car parks.

Even with a full load of passengers, there is little roll when entering a corner, and this helps give the driver confidence.

The QQ comes adorned with various security features but of special note are the power windows.

Should the windows be inadvertently left open when the car is switched off and the doors locked – after picking up a parking ticket, for example – the security system automatically closes the window.

Taking the QQ onto the streets of Petaling Jaya, the sleek rounded lines of the car and its bright apple green hue attracted a fair number of second glances.

As an urban runabout, the QQ performs admirably and, to be honest, one of the first things I did when I got the car was to go grocery shopping.

Seating is plush and the interior is surprisingly spacious.
It was here that another feature of the car came in particularly handy. At first glance, there does not seem to be much boot space, compared to other compact hatchbacks. However, with a few easy and quick movements, the rear seats are out of place and leaning against the front seats while the seat rests recline fully to create a flat space for storage, increasing the boot space threefold.

This feature is particularly useful as it allows transportation of a lot of items. Also, one can choose which side of the rear seat to drop, enabling passengers to still enjoy a ride in the back.

The fit and finish of this China made car is quite acceptable. Engine noise does penetrate the cabin but this is easily overcome by cranking up the stereo.

During some night drives, I found that the large lights did not merely look good but lit up the roads perfectly.

The Chery QQ AMT's sleek looks and bright colours (aside from Apple Green, the car will be available in Fallen Red, Lemon Yellow, Ocean Blue and Pink) make it a sight to behold on the roads.

I had a lot of fun trying out this car and, in my opinion, while it may not be the best of choices for long distance driving, it functions very well as a means of getting around the city.

The price? RM42,888, on the road, and it comes with a two-year or 50,000km (whichever comes first) free service package.

Good review from a real user, unlike car reviewers in Singapore who just want to find excuses to bash it.

hello 11-07-2006 01:24 AM

why do u think malays are more accepting the Chery QQ, compared the non-accepting Sinaporeans for the CHery qq?

jmsteiny 11-07-2006 04:15 AM

Already on sale............

The "classic" QQ (QQ 308/311) is already on sale - the updated version (like the one in the pics in this thread). I've already seen it here in Nanning. Mechanically, it's pretty much the same car that has been available for the last 3 years...........but the updated interior (60/40 split rear seat vs. bench seat, more standard features than before) is brand new. The QQ611/613 JUST went on sale in late September and is being phased in slowly around China........I haven't seen it in Nanning yet but it SHOULD be here by the end of this month. The S12 (not it's real name, it will get a QQ designation soon) won't go on sale until sometime next year, but it IS in final testing on the streets. Pics of the QQ6 and the S12 can be found in other threads here in the Chery forum............again courtesy of our friend Hazik!!

imoto 11-12-2006 06:56 PM

Qq

Quote:

Originally Posted by hello
why do u think malays are more accepting the Chery QQ, compared the non-accepting Sinaporeans for the CHery qq?

They can't even accept Japanese cars made in Thailand. But then I have to say that despite all the snide remarks by reviewers, these cars (including QQ) are still selling well in Singapore.

Oldsmobile 01-03-2007 03:29 PM

The QQ is my number one favourite small car. I'd love to have a small CHEAP city car to compliment my larger sportier car. The QQ would fit the bill perfectly. Too bad they can't be had here :(

Edit: I've driven the Chevrolet Matiz and it's a good little cheap car, but way too expensive for something that simple.

gr8 03-09-2007 09:40 PM

QQ crash test (video)

dosnt look so bad, just dont know what speed it is crashing at.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYn2Q...elated&search=

eddie 03-10-2007 07:44 AM

I've watched it and it's quite OK for me.

share2go 03-31-2007 09:38 AM

what the price in china for export of the Chery QQ in usd .$
for export to the middle east

rodrally 07-05-2007 08:38 AM

The results of the QQ are horrible but not that much... the HIC (head injury criterion) is 754 which is dangerous to the the life of the driver (HIC of 1000 is almost death); also the de-acceleration index, which is 68g that could also cause serious injuries! (75g is heavy injuries)... compared to a Daewoo Matiz (THE ORIGINAL), the HIC of the driver is only 397 and the de-acceleration is 52g.

Only 4.9 points in the EuroNCap scale, which is 2 stars (aprox. 30% of protection).

mememe 07-05-2007 09:16 AM

Chery is paying a lot of attention to safety and quality now, the Chery's A6CC is now designed based on european standards, 8 airbags, harder steel , it is designed to get at least 4 stars in the test crash. I hope Chery will get what they deserve this time, a lot of efforts in Chery A6.

martin_krpan 08-10-2007 04:00 AM

Facelift of QQ, subtly changed front bumper and new (digital) instrument panel.
http://s2.mojalbum.com/kitajci-foto_...51_8869192.jpg
http://s2.mojalbum.com/kitajci-foto_...51_8869198.jpg
http://s2.mojalbum.com/kitajci-foto_...51_8869195.jpg

DolceVita 09-05-2007 11:20 PM

China's Chery Auto starts selling cars in Chile

BEIJING (XFN-ASIA) - Chery Automobile Co Ltd, China's fourth largest carmaker, said it launched sales operations in Chile on Sept 1 via a local agent, SK Berge.

The carmaker said in a statement that the initial lineup in Chile includes its QQ and Tiggo models, which will later be joined by the QQ6 and A5 cars.

Chery Auto exported 52,712 cars in the first half, almost tripling year-earlier shipments of 13,548 units. Overall sales for the period totaled 190,362 units, compared to 133,200 a year earlier.

vitordavid 09-06-2007 08:31 AM

Hello,

I tried to contact Chery to import QQ's to Africa, but they dont even answer me.... I would like to know why???

xavier22 10-03-2007 01:34 PM

Cutie Cute!!!

Farzad_Iran 10-05-2007 05:15 PM

Hi Everybody
How much is the most mileage you could travel with your QQ ?
I want to know this as It's Reliability . (And what problems you faced with during ownership?)
Thanks

AGS2225 10-07-2007 04:30 PM

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9640/52jc3.jpg

http://totalcar.index.hu/images/test...matiz/moci.jpg

It hurts that it is a copy of the DAEWOO MATIZ.

Rally Red Lancer GTS 10-07-2007 05:36 PM

Talk about compact...can you imagine changing your spark plugs in there, or what may be worse, changing your oil filter?

Upon looking back in there, how about trying to change your timing belt in that little width of space?

rodrally 10-08-2007 08:56 AM

Chery was launched in Chile past September.

The prices are:

IQ 0.8 US$7.300
IQ 1.0 16v US$7.900
Tiggo 2.0 16v US$17.800

The name of the QQ changed in Chile to IQ.

Pictures of the car in Chile.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6...agen001nl0.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3...agen002li7.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8...agen003wx0.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7...agen004jm0.jpg

boogiecat 10-20-2007 08:09 AM

In our country,the QQ3 is available in three variants..

superkyo 10-22-2007 07:29 PM

I WANT CHERY QQ IN BRASIL !!!

I LOVE THIS CAR !! much better than the compact car that we have here, but unfortunately the engine isn't FLEX ( gasoline and alcohol ) for now the only weak point to this car in BRASIL !!

Moriah 10-23-2007 08:29 PM

Amigo, este mes ja começou a produção do Tiggo no Uruguai. Em breve vou mandar uma materia pro NA. Aqui, eu postei uma dos QQ chilenos. Tb não vejo a hora do carrinho sorridente da Chery aparecer por aqui!!!
Abs

Moriah

superkyo 10-25-2007 07:02 PM

Vc tem como confirmar o preço do QQ ?? falam em 10.000 dolares oq importado sem taxa do uruguai chegaria aqui a R$ 20.000 contando margem de lucro confirmado um preço nessa faixa vo comprar rapidão !!!

Moriah 10-26-2007 05:31 AM

QQ Brazil

Olha, acredito que o QQ basico, se realmente vir sem dh, ar e trio elétrico, fique nessa faixa de preço. Falaram em 9 mil dólares(18 mil reais), mas devido aos impostos, não sei não. Acredito que fique em 20 mil. Se o carro for como na Colombia, onde vem completinho, exceto abs/edb e ez-drive(que vem juntos), o carro deva sair por volta de 23 mil. É nesse preço que sairá o Effa M100(Ideal), só que o QQ tem rodas de aluminio e trio elétrico, além de dh a mais que o da Effa. Isso se for similar ao colombiano. Assim, ele ganha em equipamentos em relação ao M100, que hj não tem concorrentes por aqui.
Não acredito em um QQ pelado, isso pq, o preço baixo de 23 mil, já traria um carro completo, e é esse pensamento que irá fazeer vender os chineses aqui. Afinal, se for pra comprar um chines de 20 mil pelado, é melhor(no pensamento geral) comprar um semi-novo completo por esse preço...e olha que tem muito nas revendas...

Moriah
www noticiasautomotivas com br

superkyo 10-26-2007 03:06 PM

Tb achei desnecessario quando vi q tinham versões sendo vendidas sem nada acredito e torço que aqui no BRASIL completo deva sair R$ 22.000 pois do uruguai pra cá naum tem impostos so "frete".......

Moriah 10-26-2007 05:18 PM

Sabe onde estão vendendo um? No Paraguai. Pertence ao corpo consular chinês!!! Hehehe ja tão querendo fazer dinheiro!!!

martin_krpan 12-25-2007 01:55 AM

Technical comparison between QQ308 equiped with 0.8l engine and QQ311 powered by 1.1l engine:

http://www.autohome.com.cn/market/200712/31382.html

Farzad_Iran 12-31-2007 11:08 AM

A Truck that is carrying QQ's to the main sale office in west of Tehran-Iran : http://i8.tinypic.com/8ad3exw.jpg

carlocaraddict 06-04-2008 07:58 AM

chery qq3 1.1MT review (Philippines)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76...y/DSCN3613.jpg

coming soon in www.bigbigcar.com

I had the unit the whole afternoon yesterday and was suprised that this little chinese car beats the indian made suzuki alto. the quality is waaayy better than the indian made car and it is spacious too. the ride is good and the plastics inside was acceptable over the alto. yes, the engine is very responsive. we were able to fit 5 people inside the qq (including a 6 footer guy who is also a chinese) what we didnt like is the weak aircon, notchy gearstick and the 1980's tech radio. will update this thread as soon as we have the article (hopefully next month because we still have 7 cars to feature). we also hope to get the tiggo next month.

Elyas 06-15-2008 05:06 PM

Re: Chery QQ

There is some QQ in Morocco and tiggo too !

martin_krpan 09-08-2008 10:41 AM

Chery to mark down models of QQ3 series.

September 8, 2008 - Last week, Chery Auto announced its official move to mark down almost all the models of its QQ3 series, said xinhuanet.com today. After the price cuts, the Chery QQ3 series will have each model sold at a price between 30,800 yuan ($4,510) and 52,800 yuan.

Except for the 0.8L QQ3 still priced at 30,800 yuan to 36,800 yuan, almost all models of the Chery QQ3 have their price cut by at least 2,000 yuan each, the 1.1L Chery QQ3 will sell for 36,800 - 43,800 yuan, and the 1.1L AMT Chery QQ3 will be available for 47,800 - 50,800 yuan.

Some Chery 4S stores in Beijing are also selling QQ3 models cheaper by 4,000 yuan at most. Five models of the 1.1L QQ3 sell between 32,800 yuan and 46,800 yuan. Chery dealers said that the Chery QQ3 series now on sale in Beijing has only the 1.1L models still available.

In August, the Beijing inventories of the 0.8L QQ3 model, which meets the China III emission standards, were sold out, and the supply of this model is not resumed yet after the Olympic Games.

source: Gasgoo.com

basssic_rus 09-22-2008 03:49 PM

Chery earlier very well was on sale in Russia after have appeared krash tests, it has ceased sell...

Javierb 11-09-2008 09:26 AM

QQ is a nice platform for Daewoo Matiz, I like QQ:lol:

kegwa 11-10-2008 05:55 AM

Same here. I like QQ. It is very nice and cute with a very stylish body.

martin_krpan 12-03-2008 02:34 PM

Some pictures of refreshed QQ with digital instrument panel.

http://s2.mojalbum.com/kitajci-6-fot...3_14356007.jpg

http://s2.mojalbum.com/kitajci-6-fot...3_14356010.jpg

http://s2.mojalbum.com/kitajci-6-fot...3_14356004.jpg

http://s2.mojalbum.com/kitajci-6-fot...3_14356001.jpg