China Car Forums banner

Lifan minivans (Fengshun, Xingshun, Fushun)

60K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Chinese LSEV 
#1 · (Edited)
Lifan are eager to get into the super cheap mini van segment that is mostly controlled by local rivals Chang’an. The below pictures show what Lifan have in store.

It’s possible that Lifan wont be awfully succesful in the first year of launch, but its worth remembering that Lifan are extremely succesful in the South Asian motorbike segment, so they could be set to launch this van there, and reap the rewards of a virgin market that relies mostly on new and second hand Japanese vans for its needs.

On the other hand, the central government is actively pushing minivans to farmers to further accelerate car sales in China, and is offering subsidies to rural buyers of minivans.

source: China Car Times

See less See more
#5 ·
Lifan to roll off its first mini van

The first mini car of Lifan Industry (Group) Co., Ltd will roll out October and will be on the market 2010 at latest. The car will feature 1.3L engine and is expected to price 30,000 yuan to 40,000 yaun.

According to Lifan, its self-developed mini car, with a code of CA02, will roll off at the end of October. The size and inter space are similar with the main stream mini-van such as Wulingzhiguang and Changan. The new car will come with 1.3L LF479Q3 engine(65kw/110nm). It is much higher than opponents in power and energy-saving.

source: autoshow-gz.com

#8 · (Edited)
Re: Lifan Minivan

Stay away from Changan period (Lifan - who knows?- I would quess not much better), they make unreliable junk! Parts fall off it's vehicles & quality control totally sucks. I bought a Changhe/Suzuki - Landy two years ago & I love it. The Lifan looks like a Landy rip off. BTW, the Landy is the only China produced Mini Van that's available with an automatic transmission. I looked at the Changan CM8. I pulled off the " horn pad" on the the steering wheel, with my pinky finger. The only Changan product I would consider, is one of the JV cars - Suzuki/Ford

PS... I bought the top of line, fully loaded Landy, with auto trans, etc. for 68k rmb. At that time 68K Rmb converted to about 9K USD

http://www.changhe-suzuki.com/show/landijs.shtml

http://www.landy.cc/

Attachments

#10 ·

SGMW is the best choice, in this regard. I've been to the Luizhou plant several times & SGM's "good practices", have had a positive effective. My Co. was awarded a 3m dollar contract for SGMW's new Engine & Transmission plants in LZ & Quingdao. Good company & good people to work with. BTW, they are the market share leader in China, in the mini van market.

#13 ·

Besides the 320, 520 hatchback, 620 and SUV Lifan presents the Minivan for the Brazilian market at the Salão do Automóvel São Paulo. The Minivan measures 4.01 meters, but still has capacity for seven occupants. It comes with airconditioning and a 1.3 liter engine with 90 hp: http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcars/un13/339-salao-lifan.htm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.