China Car Forums banner

Geely Panda (Xiongmao) and GX2

178K views 112 replies 35 participants last post by  ert 
#1 · (Edited)
At the Guangzhou Auto Show Geely will unveil their newest minicar, for now codenamed Aoo.

If production version will look at least slightly like this one, it will be by far the most beautiful Geely ever made.

See less See more
#3 ·
Please tell us more how it is a copy, I have to admit that this is really an ugly design but after looking at it and the Toyota Aygo carefully I failed to see any similarities between this Aoo and the Aygo except for the shape of the car that look similar, You can say that about the BYD F1 but to me this Aoo looks more like the Chery QQ

#4 ·
Notice on the sides, the shapes of doors, the clean windshield, the rear window of the door pivot, the rear door glass .... Just change relative to the Toyota Aygo and Citroen C1 to details like the shape of the front, rear lights, rear bumper and the dashboard.

More than half of the car was a Citroen C1 or a Toyota Aygo.

#5 ·
Thank you AG225 but after following your descriptions , again I failed to see the similarity between the C1 (Aygo) and the Aoo, or maybe my eyes are bad , but 1 thing I find similar that you mentioned is the shape of the door, other than that I think nothing else on the Aoo can fit into the idea of a C1 or Aygo copy really, btw I don't know how you come to the conclusion that the rear window of Aoo and the rear window of C1( Aygo) look the same.

PS : Damn the C1 and the Aygo look so alike. I actually never compared the Aygo and the C1 before.

And the Lifan one looks a lot like a C1 rather than an Aygo

#8 ·
mememe said:
Thank you AG225 but after following your descriptions , again I failed to see the similarity between the C1 (Aygo) and the Aoo, or maybe my eyes are bad , but 1 thing I find similar that you mentioned is the shape of the door, other than that I think nothing else on the Aoo can fit into the idea of a C1 or Aygo copy really, btw I don't know how you come to the conclusion that the rear window of Aoo and the rear window of C1( Aygo) look the same.

PS : Damn the C1 and the Aygo look so alike. I actually never compared the Aygo and the C1 before.

And the Lifan one looks a lot like a C1 rather than an Aygo

Compares with a Citroen C1 details that you frame in red and shape of the roof (If you fixed More details equal).

Attachments

#13 ·
Yes, according to article on Gasgoo.com front part of the car is indeed designed to look like giant panda.

China's largest private carmaker Geely Automobile plans to launch a mini-car with its front part resembling a giant panda, the national emblem for China, by August next year, said a company official.

"Geely will launch a model that looks like a giant panda in appearance and that may be the first model to carry our new logo," said Geely's vice president Wang Ziliang.

The model under the codename Lc-1 will be equipped with Geely's self-developed engine and it offers two-door or four-door options. Earlier this month the company just launched its new logo designed by a college student.

In the first ten months of the year, Geely sold 149,843 vehicles, up 12.4 percent from one year earlier. The automaker said on Monday it aims to sell 20,000 vehicles this year and 40,000 vehicles by 2008.

#21 ·
Geely to show "Panda" at Beijing auto show.

March 4, 2008 – Geely Automobile will display its new mini-car with its front part resembling a giant panda, the national emblem for China, at the upcoming Beijing auto show running from April 20th - 28th, Xinhua news agency reported.

"Geely will take a 1500 square meters display platform to display more than 20 models at the Beijing auto show this year, including Panda mini car and Maple Haiyue hatchback," said Liu Jinliang, general manager for Shanghai Maple Automobile Co, a subsidiary of Geely Motors.

The Panda will be equipped with Geely's self-developed CVVT 1-liter engine and the model offers two-door and four-door options. It is expected to be priced between 30,000 and 50,000 yuan.

The automaker will also introduce a five-door hatchback King Kong compact and a 1.8-liter China Dragon sports car, a King Kong sedan, King Kong AT and two CNG dual fuel cars this year.

The Geely Group, China's largest privately owned automaker makes and sells cars through its two units, Zhejiang Geely Automobile Co. and Shanghai Maple Automobile Co.

The Geely Group sold a total of 219,512 vehicles last year, an increase of 7 percent from a year earlier. The group hopes to raise its sales 18 percent this year to 220,000, Geely Chairman Li Shufu said earlier.
source: Gasgoo.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.