China Car Forums banner

GAC FIAT Viaggio and Ottimo

54K views 59 replies 8 participants last post by  ausrutherford 
#1 ·
This is the first spy shot of the upcoming new Fiat sedan, which is the first Fiat that will be build in cooperation with GAC (Guangzhou Automobile Group) and marks the full return on the Chinese market after it ended the Chinese production of the Nanjing-Fiat Palio, Siena and Perla. The Dodge Dart based sedan will be introduced at Auto China Beijing in April this year.

Source: http://www.playerschina.com/article-907-1.html
Rendering by Theophilus Chin: http://www.theophiluschin.com/?p=3774

Dodge Dart:

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: Fiat sedan (based on Dodge Dart)

Hey I am shock to see this Fiat sedan!!!I never saw such sizzling car for the fiat as now a days fiat is trying to come back in the auto world with new cars but not able to attract the customer but now I am sure as this sedan will be in market no other brand will be in demand.

#9 ·
Re: FIAT Viaggio

Italy's largest carmaker Fiat (FIA.MI) opened its first plant in China on Thursday dedicated to producing vehicles for the local market, starting with its new Viaggio saloon car.

The plant, based in Hunan province, is the latest development in a 5 billion yuan ($786.73 million) joint-venture between Fiat and GAC, China's sixth largest auto manufacturer.

Fiat' chief executive Sergio Marchionne met with representatives of Hunan and Guandong provinces to unveil the 730,000 square-meter plant, which is to produce 140,000 Viaggios a year.

The move is important for Fiat, which also controls U.S. auto maker Chrysler, because both companies have been latecomers to the booming Chinese car market.

The Viaggio shares a platform with the Dodge Dart, a compact car being launched by Chrysler in the United States, as well as with Fiat's Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

http://www.autohome.com.cn/advice/201206/357240.html
http://autonews.gasgoo.com/china-news/fiat-opens-new-chinese-plant-to-produce-viaggio-120629.shtml

#11 ·

The Viaggio shares a platform with the Dodge Dart, a compact car being launched by Chrysler in the United States, as well as with Fiat's Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

http://www.autohome.com.cn/advice/201206/357240.html
http://autonews.gasgoo.com/china-news/fiat-opens-new-chinese-plant-to-produce-viaggio-120629.shtml

Viaggio is on Cusw (Compact US Wide). This is non the same that European Fiat 'C' platform (Fiat Bravo, Lancia Delta, Alfa Romeo Giulietta). They take it and added some cm in the middle: long and wide. I saw some photos with the difference in evidence. i'm searcing...

#12 ·

From Italian Forum 'quattroruote':

Il pianale della Giulietta, il cosiddetto C Wide opportunamente allungato e allargato, è lo snodo per reggere l'assalto della concorrenza. Studiata a Torino e poi implementata nel Michigan, questa piattaforma farà da base a tutti i prodotti destinati alle varie aree del mondo. Sopra per cominciare vi si costruirà la Giulia, l'auto che dovrebbe finalmente vedere il ritorno dell'Alfa negli States, ma prima arriveranno una Dodge - a inizio 2012 - e quindi la Fiat post Croma, la Lancia Flavia-2 (o, se si preferisce, l'erede dell'attuale Chrylser 200). Sempre con la possibilità di introdurre soluzioni su misura come mai si era visto da noi in passato: con trazioni anteriori, posteriori e persino integrali. Harald Wester, capo dello sviluppo tecnico Fiat, dovrà garantire la qualità e flessibilità, ma in parallelo bisognerà lasciare un po' di briglia ai designer per avere delle automobili belle e stimolanti. In Italia la scuola non dovrebbe fare difetto...

#23 · (Edited)

Hi, nubironaSW. Yes, I live and work in Alamogordo, NM, it's about 90 miles north of El Paso, TX, and 90 miles north of the US-Mexico border.

No, I've never test drove one of the new Dodge Dart's at all. My 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS satisfies my need for a great handling compact car so the Dart doesn't really enter into my mind much. Plus I love the Lancer GTS styling. I am also very intrigued by the 1967 model year VW Bug. I just love their styling and the "fun-ta-drive" aspect of driving and fine-tuning one of these old, vintage VW's.

I'm also interested in the new Kia Soul CUV. I would buy one of the 6-speed manual transmission Soul's in the color of Molten Red. Nice, huh?

2014 Kia Soul

1967 VW Bug

#26 ·

Don't worry Lancer! By-the-way, nice car your Mitsu! I was only curious about some feed-back on the car, some your fiends or parets, or on someone who tests that car. (the dart). Or some looking impression if you see it alive..

Interesting car the kia soul. What about prize in $? (we are completely OT now... :) )

If I write like a dog, please correct me! :)

#27 ·

No worries about your spelling and/or writing in English, nubironaW - you are doing your best and I could only hope ta do as well as you if I tried ta talk and write in your native tongue - Italian. BTW - I am interested in the Alfa Romeo Giulietta and have loosely followed the car's movements since about 3 years ago - 2010 in the mid-year range. That Giulietta from Alfa Romeo would be one hot hatch that I would love to own and drive. The best I could do is buy a 2013 or 2014 Dodge Dart ta get the Giulietta's great handling and stellar looks. Love your posts and I can tell that you, like me, love automobiles, nubironaSW. I'm enjoying and learning from your posts in this thread and several other ones!

#28 ·

Are u interested in Alfa Romeo Giulietta? i've a feed back for you.
First of all, in Italy petrol (in italian Gasolio) is less expansive than gasoline (in italian benzina) and usually car with petrol engine do more miles for each gallon.
70% of new cars have petrol engine.
A friend of mine bought the turbodiesel 170 cv. In his opinion the best car of the range. Low expansive, very good roadholding (?is correct?) and high performace. He went from treviso to firenze with less money than train ticket and in a very short time (italian speed limit 130 km/h (aprox 81 m/h, but he run something over)...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.