China Car Forums banner

Great Wall Voleex C30

126K views 88 replies 18 participants last post by  CCF mod 
#1 ·
From China Car Times
Greatwall have jumped into the hatchback game feet first once they realized that SUV and Truck sales were about to fall through the floor. Their first model was the Great Wall Peri, which they followed up with the Greatwall Florid, the Coolbear and the soon to be unknown hatch.

Their first concept sedan was shown at the Shanghai Auto Show earlier this year where it surprised crowds with its funky looks, which appeared to be a mixture of sporty and formal, an unusual mix that worked just right for the usually bland designing automaker.

A leaked early version of a forthcoming Greatwall mini sedan has been leaked to the internet and early opinions are not good. The mini sedan seems to resemble the unknown hatchback mentioned earlier, with a notchback trunk attached to the rear. The sedan seems to have E-Class like folds in the door (although, every car has them now) and a Lifan 520 front end. It’s not clear where Great Wall are going with this one, perhaps its just best to bring out the sports concept sedan instead?

#2 ·
Re: Great Wall sedan

I also forgot to add: Can anyone who has the ability to post pictures from China Car times please do so. Also, does anyone think that they might export it. It would really give the range a boost in terms of cheap, good looking and decent quality sedans.

#8 ·

New article from China Car Times:
Great Wall Motors had their first foray into the hatchback segment two years ago, and have had reasonable success with their mini car range, but their next big thing is their first sedan.

Information on their first sedan is not clear, however it is certain that it wont be the CHC011 sedan that we saw at last years Shanghai Auto Show, instead it is likely to be a notchback sedan version of one of their existing sedans. The 1.5T powered sedan is expected to launch next year, and the CHC011 is expected in 2012 with GWM’s own 3.0l V6 engine powering the wheels.

#11 ·

New GWM sedan renderings
From China Car Times:
Greatwall’s first concept sedan was a real wowser at the Shanghai Auto Show earlier this year, however it seems that one has been shelved in favour of another, smaller sedan which is more than likely to capture the peoples attention with a smaller displacement engine.

The sedan, codenamed CH041, is expected to go into production towards the middle of 2010. Greatwall are expected to put a fair amount of engineering into the CH041 with it being a standard FWD car, but with a 1.5L engine and the choice of a 5 speed manual or CVT gearbox, and with the engine being upto Euro5 emission and being built to Euro NCAP specification, although that might be rather out of date by the time the sedan hits the production lines.

With regards to the price, we’re still not sure, it could be in the 70,000rmb price bracket where it could easily strike against the Brilliance FRV sedan. The front grill and rear end are certainly designs that are more suited to an Acura, Infiniti or other high end premium brand. The CH041 is likely to be a hit, if GWM can bring quality up, then they will no doubt sell quite a few of these.
I'll make the usual request for pictures. Can someone please post them?

#14 · (Edited)

Great Wall Sedan to be sold in Australia and New Zealand instead of Florid hatchback

Exerpt from article on release of X240:
Mr Hull said that while Ateco’s other Chinese vehicle partner, Chery, was yet to submit its Australian Design Rule paperwork for federal government approval, Great Wall had cancelled plans to release the light-sized passenger car known in China as the Florid in Australia this year.
Instead, he said Great Wall had decided to make available a newer 1.5-litre light-sized sedan by the middle of 2010.
Source: www.goauto.co.au

#17 ·

when i visit factory couple of weeks ago i see that sedan model, it will have interior from phenom, also the engine will be 1.5,manual or automatic, car look very nice, it's quite comfortable and have much space on the back, i wasn't able to get photos

#20 ·

mainly car keep that lines which are here on the photos, only front and rear part are little bit changed, i think that with reasonoble price this car can be really good sedan for family

also it's good that this car isn't copy of any other sedan model, for now look quite original and i hope that great wall will continue developing their own desing, also interior from phenom fits here perfectly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.