China Car Forums banner

New forums/subforums

13K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  dmitra 
#1 ·
Dear fellow CCF members!

New administrator gave me permissions to create and moderate forums and subforums.

Now we have an opportunity to implement all the changes we discussed.

First possibility is just to make minor changes, like adding forums for JAC and Hawtai for example.

But I'm thinking about more radical approach. We could have one section for Chinese companies and second about foreign manufacturers (regardless of number of JV’s they have). I prepared a quickly made list of all forums and subforums in ''domestic'' and ''foreign'' section. All brands would be sorted by alphabetical order. You can see my vision in enclosed attachement. This is just an idea; I'm open to all suggestions and remarks. One of the questions I haven't figured is where to put new brands like Li nian and Baojun.

There is also a possibility, that biggest Chinese companies like Chery, Geely and FAW with many sub-brands get their own section and their respective brands their own forums.

That's all for now. Please write me your ideas and suggestions and contribute to making this forum even better!

Regards,
martin_krpan

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
phaeton said:
I like the JV section as it is - if you want to expand that area perhaps just one foreign brand lounge/section would not go astray, as most people come to talk about Chinese brands not the foreign brands.
That would make a huge subforum, so I'm more into martin's idea, moreover I'm a fan of the whole global car industry.

About the local brands of the foreign car manufacturers: Baojun, Linian, Venucia and VW's upcoming local brand have more in common (technology, platforms) with GM, Honda, Nissan and Volkswagen than with the local state-owned JV partners so I think these brands do better fit in the foreign car section. I really like the rest of your ideas, martin!

Erik (laofan) have stated in a Polarsun thread that it no longer produces cars/went bankrupt, so Polarsun don't really need a subforum in my opinion, or do you have plans to create a subforum for all the smaller local manufacturers (Tianqi Meiya, Fudi, etc.)?
I believe Gonow is now part of GAIC and therefore the second local brand of GAIC besides GAC (Trumpchi). Secondly Hafei and Changhe are now owned by ChangAn and I believe ChangAn cooperates with Jiangling Motors (JMC), but doesn't control them. Thirdly Zotye owns Jiangnan. Maybe someone can confirm this?
Furthermore, Europestar and Huanghai might as well deserve their own subforums and what about Jonway (UFO) and Fudi? I have no idea if these brands are relevant enough.

These were my suggestions ;)

Oh, a fresh new banner would also be great!

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks all for posting your suggestions.

I created forums for JAC and Hawtai. I also uploaded logos and made some small changhes in Misc area.
D-C I moved now defunct Polarsun to Others as the company no longer operates and there will be no new post about it.

As a test I created new Chery section with forums for each of four brands. Forums are empty for now as this is only a test.
In enclosed image you can see my second suggestion how CCF could look. Biggest Chinese companies would have their own sections with forums for each of its brands and owned companies. JMC remains under Changhan as I don't have many information about the company so I decided to leave it where had been.

What do you think about this idea? It would require more scrolling up and down to see all the news though.

Or we can create such a structure but with all Chinese manufacturers inside one section and with subforums for brands and subsidiaries. Disadvantage of subforums is they require more clicking.

Attachments

#7 ·
Dear CCF members.
You will notice some further changes to CCF. International car companies which produce their cars in China got their own forum. All news regarding specific foreigner manufacturer can be published in designated forum. Even if that company has more than one JV in China.

After long consideration I decided to abandon the idea of creating sections for major Chinese car companies for time being. In my oppinion the creation of so many sections would make first page of CCF too extensive. So I will leave current structure with slight changhes to subforums.

I hope you will find new look better. Of course suggestions and complaints are still welcomed.

#8 ·
Hello again!

I'm finished with implementation of changhes to CCF, more or less. I won't list all of them, you'll see them while browsing this forum. Most visible novelty is that several Chinese brands got their own sub-forums.

Also, China-only joint brands like Baojun, Linian, etc remain in Chinese manufacturers section for now. Those brands will always be limited to Chinese teritory only. Their products will be unknown to cars enthusiasts who are unfamiliar with Chinese car industry.

There is still some work left to be done. I still call all members to write down further suggestions. Any feedback about new look would be appriciated also.

#10 ·
Looks good

#12 ·
Perhaps Shuanghuan Auto forum should be replaced at Others, and bring Europestar Lotus (Lianhua) out of Others. News from Shuanghuan Auto always seemed to me too scarce compared to other brands. And perhaps Haval should have a subforum inside Great Wall Motors. What do you guys think?

#13 ·
I agree. Also, officially, Shuanghuan is a refitter like Hebei Xinkai and Foday, and not a Tier-I auto manufacturer. If anything, Foday should take the place of Shuanghuan because at least there is some activity by Foday (upcoming SUV, pickup). Lianhua is OK for a new subforum, I think.

Going forward, in the future some subforums could be made child forums of their parent organization subforums, like Gonow -> GAC, Hafei -> Changan, or Changhe -> BAIC (although that would require separating Hafei and Changhe threads).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.