China Car Forums banner

BYD Qin

37K views 45 replies 8 participants last post by  Chinese LSEV 
#1 ·
#5 · (Edited)
Re: BYD Qin Concept

Well, I'm quite sure it's a clone of the Corolla. BYD added a profile on the rear doors, but besides that the doors and window lines and probably the structure within it, wheelbase and dimensions (width, axle track) too, are exactly the same in my opinion, even though the Corolla is quite (ahum) a generic car indeed. Just follow the lines of the rear door and how they flow around the wheel arches.
Well, BYD copied the previous generation US/CN Honda Accord already: the BYD F6 (and the upgraded version G6).

F0 = Toyota Aygo.
F3/G3/L3 = previous Toyota Corolla (Altis).
F6/G6 = previous US/CN Honda Accord.
e6 = previous JP/CN Honda Odyssey (heavily reworked).
M6 = current Toyota Estima.
S6 = ? Although it looks like a knockoff of the previous Lexus RX, the panels and window lines are not identical and I believe the wheelbase doesn't show a similarity with both the Lexus RX and the Toyota RAV4.
S8 = ? Although it looks like a copy (front design) of the Mercedes CL or SL, the panels are obviously not the same.

At least the interior of the Qin is original, it's more Ford or Hyundai than Toyota.

#7 ·

BYD Qin

Nah-this looks way better than the old BYD F3 Dual Mode. I am going to follow this one right to my Idaho, USA, driveway. Just kidding.

Sort of. I thought I wanted a BYD e6 but this now looks more like what I would really want. I love sedans and I am interested in hybrid technologies.

Has Warren Buffett cashed in his stock in BYD yet? I think he's stickin' with them until the end, actually.

That's nothing as boring as a Corolla, boys. Not even close. That's hot looking to me.

#8 ·

Nice, I like it. It's close to a Corolla from the side, but it has better and more original front and rear ends. There's nothing bland in it. The front reminds me of the current European Honda Civic, but the big question is its availability.

I've the BYD F3DM once, it was in Geneva in 2010 (or was that 2009? I'm not sure). BYD said at the time that the car would be launched in the European market late in the following year, but it wasn't. And I haven't heard that BYD sold many F3DM in China. So I wonder if this new model is only a nice prototype that will be built in limited quantities for test purposes, or will they mass-produce it, and export it to Europe and the US?

#9 · (Edited)

Yes, is this car coming to the U.S., and if so, when? :nod::nod:

BYD Qin

I officially want one of these cars in my driveway...in Idaho...I...I mean in New Mexico. Or wherever
my next gig takes me. Could be either state right now, right now I'm living and working in the beautiful
natural state of Idaho but I may very well be in New Mexico in a little over a week working a new gig.

At any rate, I've officially set my eyes on getting one of these. It would be perfect! I love saving money
on gas and I love this car's body style and I love sedans. I want one of these cars!!

#11 · (Edited)

daewoo-chevrolet...thanks. In reality I love our Lancer GTS and it would take one great, great, fantastic automobile to take it out of my hands. In fact, I may convert it's drivetrain to an all-electric or hybrid one day if it can be done for less money than buying a new Mitsubishi Lancer GTS Hybrid or all-electric. If and when a new Mitsubishi Lancer GTS Hybrid or Lancer GTS all-electric is ever slated to become available, that is. I believe that a Lancer GT Hybrid is currently in the works in Japan right now, AAMOF. :nod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.