China Car Forums banner

Emgrand EC8

91K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  CCF mod 
#1 · (Edited)
From China Car Times

Geely is undergoing a major restructuring process in 2009 to make it into a more of an international company, and thus taking it away from its roots as a small regional player.

The Geely GC-1, which was recently spotted out testing on the highway, is expected to be at the forefront of Geelys new high end branding, the actual brands name has yet to be anounced, but a logo has been set aside for the brand. The Chinese press commented that the rear end of the GC-1 shown looks rather similar to the current Toyota Camry.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Re: future Geely GC-1

I think there are some similarities between the two pictures by me and Analyst, but maybe be mine is an initial concept picture.
Can't say for sure because the website was all in Chinese (that's very helpful isn't it?) but the image did say GC-1. So maybe this might be initial concept picture.
BTW, both look absolutely awesome, no doubt about that. But, the ones that are actually testing, I've noticed, are completely different.

#9 ·
Re: future Geely GC-1

KiwiGuy said:
I think there are some similarities between the two pictures by me and Analyst, but maybe be mine is an initial concept picture.
Can't say for sure because the website was all in Chinese (that's very helpful isn't it?) but the image did say GC-1. So maybe this might be initial concept picture.
BTW, both look absolutely awesome, no doubt about that. But, the ones that are actually testing, I've noticed, are completely different.
And here's another with a different front end shown in 2008. Hopefully someone can straighten us out about these 3 GC versions.

Attachments

#10 ·
Re: Emgrand EC8 (Geely GC-1)

@ dragin: The photos in your and Analyst' post show the Geely GC Concept, which was exhibited at Auto China 2008 (Beijing). KiwiGuy's post shows a rendering, a fake impression of the GC Concept. And this thread is about the Geely Emgrand EC8, which completely differs from the GC Concept.

#24 ·
Geely Automobile Holdings launched on Friday its Emgrand EC8 in China, carrying an expected price tag that ranges from 110,000 to 150,000 yuan ($16,447-$22,428).

The Emgrand EC8 features a 2.0L and 2.4L engine with a maximum power of 121 kW. It also features with the usual option of manual and automatic gearboxes imported from Mitsubishi Motors.

The model has a length of 4,905 mm with a long wheel-base of 2,805 mm.

Equipped with frameless wind-screen wipers, manual control blinds and electronic sunroof, Emgrand EC8 aims to occupy the middle-rank car market.

As for the safety system, the Emgrand EC8 adopts the Geely Total Safety Management with double-row driver airbags and seatbelt reminding system.

The previously-launched Emgrand EC7-priced between 75,800 yuan to 109,800 yuan ($11,333-$16,417) -has sold 60,000 units per month.

http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/201010/149863.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.