DAIHATSU Move Electric MInivan aka Miles zx40 how do I import motor? - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Others

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
rmay635703

Default DAIHATSU Move Electric MInivan aka Miles zx40 how do I import motor?

Ditto title, I see that many are claiming the newer Daihtsu Moves with the CVT or hybrid designs get in excess of 50mpg, is this true?

If so how would I import a complete motor, radiator, transmission and all associated components to the motor, AC etc into the US?

What cost would this be? Are there any parts houses that would sell used complete setups and import into the US.

I am thinking if the mileage is truly that good I might restore my US licenseable 2004/2005 Daihtsu aka Miles ZX40 into a gasser and put the electric motor on the rear wheels for in town usage.

Thank You for ANY information or sources.
Ryan
rmay635703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2008, 09:21 AM   #2
dragin

Default Re: DAIHATSU Move Electric MInivan aka Miles zx40 how do I import motor?

Ryan, I think your wording is a little confusing here.
By "motor" I guess you mean "engine" and not electric motor.
As far as I know the Daihatsu Move is almost always referred to as Jiaxing TJ6341 (or Jinn) in China. I believe they are produced by FAW's Hongta division and converted for Miles by Qingyuan Auto in Tianjin. After that they are given the name Happy Messenger, or Happy Envoy. They are probably engine-less when they are delivered to Qingyuan but you might want to contact them to see if they have an engine assembly or two. Otherwise FAW would probably be the best source. But FAW is so big it may be like moving a mountain to grt a single engine from them.

Last edited by dragin; 08-04-2008 at 09:45 AM.
dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
rmay635703

Default Re: DAIHATSU Move Electric MInivan aka Miles zx40 how do I import motor?

There is no way to buy a normal Happy messenger or whatever its now called in the US only the electric type.

However the type of vehicle and the mileage possible with the newer motors are impressive enough I would be willing to convert this back since I can't buy one with a gas motor here.

Thanx for the sources, though I have a feeling it will probably be nearly impossible to get a motor.

Last edited by rmay635703; 08-04-2008 at 06:54 PM.
rmay635703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
hectreasur

I have a miles zx40 and I wanted to do someting with the transmission, well after exhausing all resourses that I can find, I decideI to see if there were any Diahatsu vehicles sold in the US, to my luck there was, The 1989-1990 diahatsu charade has the same excact transmission, and gear, and shaft splines that the miles has, the engine was a 1.lt. 3 cylinder, I saw it and I bet you it will work on the Move, I took the transmission and now I have a 5 speed EV. Instead the one that is stuck in 2nd gear.
Hope it helps.
hectreasur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement