New forums/subforums - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Announcements, Feedback, Tech Help > News and Announcements

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
martin_krpan
Your friendly Mod

Default New forums/subforums

Dear fellow CCF members!

New administrator gave me permissions to create and moderate forums and subforums.

Now we have an opportunity to implement all the changes we discussed.

First possibility is just to make minor changes, like adding forums for JAC and Hawtai for example.

But I'm thinking about more radical approach. We could have one section for Chinese companies and second about foreign manufacturers (regardless of number of JVís they have). I prepared a quickly made list of all forums and subforums in ''domestic'' and ''foreign'' section. All brands would be sorted by alphabetical order. You can see my vision in enclosed attachement. This is just an idea; I'm open to all suggestions and remarks. One of the questions I haven't figured is where to put new brands like Li nian and Baojun.

There is also a possibility, that biggest Chinese companies like Chery, Geely and FAW with many sub-brands get their own section and their respective brands their own forums.

That's all for now. Please write me your ideas and suggestions and contribute to making this forum even better!

Regards,
martin_krpan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ccf.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	1666  
martin_krpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
phaeton

Default Re: New forums/subforums

I like the JV section as it is - if you want to expand that area perhaps just one foreign brand lounge/section would not go astray, as most people come to talk about Chinese brands not the foreign brands.

I will agree with the majority whatever is easier.
phaeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
Rally Red Lancer GTS

I like your idea, martin. I would say let's go with that, I like the organizational affect of it.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
daewoo-chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaeton
I like the JV section as it is - if you want to expand that area perhaps just one foreign brand lounge/section would not go astray, as most people come to talk about Chinese brands not the foreign brands.
That would make a huge subforum, so I'm more into martin's idea, moreover I'm a fan of the whole global car industry.

About the local brands of the foreign car manufacturers: Baojun, Linian, Venucia and VW's upcoming local brand have more in common (technology, platforms) with GM, Honda, Nissan and Volkswagen than with the local state-owned JV partners so I think these brands do better fit in the foreign car section. I really like the rest of your ideas, martin!

Erik (laofan) have stated in a Polarsun thread that it no longer produces cars/went bankrupt, so Polarsun don't really need a subforum in my opinion, or do you have plans to create a subforum for all the smaller local manufacturers (Tianqi Meiya, Fudi, etc.)?
I believe Gonow is now part of GAIC and therefore the second local brand of GAIC besides GAC (Trumpchi). Secondly Hafei and Changhe are now owned by ChangAn and I believe ChangAn cooperates with Jiangling Motors (JMC), but doesn't control them. Thirdly Zotye owns Jiangnan. Maybe someone can confirm this?
Furthermore, Europestar and Huanghai might as well deserve their own subforums and what about Jonway (UFO) and Fudi? I have no idea if these brands are relevant enough.

These were my suggestions

Oh, a fresh new banner would also be great!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
martin_krpan
Your friendly Mod

Thanks all for posting your suggestions.

I created forums for JAC and Hawtai. I also uploaded logos and made some small changhes in Misc area.
D-C I moved now defunct Polarsun to Others as the company no longer operates and there will be no new post about it.

As a test I created new Chery section with forums for each of four brands. Forums are empty for now as this is only a test.
In enclosed image you can see my second suggestion how CCF could look. Biggest Chinese companies would have their own sections with forums for each of its brands and owned companies. JMC remains under Changhan as I don't have many information about the company so I decided to leave it where had been.

What do you think about this idea? It would require more scrolling up and down to see all the news though.

Or we can create such a structure but with all Chinese manufacturers inside one section and with subforums for brands and subsidiaries. Disadvantage of subforums is they require more clicking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ccf 2.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1667  

Last edited by martin_krpan; 05-01-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #6
Rally Red Lancer GTS

martin-so people could post to the major brands area to the left in your example, and to the subforums where that would apply to their questions or posts? I would think that that would work for me.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #7
martin_krpan
Your friendly Mod

Dear CCF members.
You will notice some further changes to CCF. International car companies which produce their cars in China got their own forum. All news regarding specific foreigner manufacturer can be published in designated forum. Even if that company has more than one JV in China.

After long consideration I decided to abandon the idea of creating sections for major Chinese car companies for time being. In my oppinion the creation of so many sections would make first page of CCF too extensive. So I will leave current structure with slight changhes to subforums.

I hope you will find new look better. Of course suggestions and complaints are still welcomed.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #8
martin_krpan
Your friendly Mod

Hello again!

I'm finished with implementation of changhes to CCF, more or less. I won't list all of them, you'll see them while browsing this forum. Most visible novelty is that several Chinese brands got their own sub-forums.

Also, China-only joint brands like Baojun, Linian, etc remain in Chinese manufacturers section for now. Those brands will always be limited to Chinese teritory only. Their products will be unknown to cars enthusiasts who are unfamiliar with Chinese car industry.

There is still some work left to be done. I still call all members to write down further suggestions. Any feedback about new look would be appriciated also.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:30 AM   #9
alby13

Seems to look much better. I'm glad to see the progress.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #10
logan

Location: PRoC Sichuan Province Chengdu / Berlin Germany/Beiing Beijing

Looks good

China Wanderer Travel Consultancy
Headquarter - Beijing

Office : (+861) 6415 6062
Mobile: (+86) 132 6021 5882
Addr: 10th Floor Office 1017, No.42 Dongzhimen main street, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100027, P.R.China

东直门外大街42号宇飞大厦1017
logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement