China Car Forums banner

Chinese Car/Truck/MotorCycle Manufacturers that should get own Sub-Forum

46K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  karenbatten 
#1 ·
Hi CCF Members,

It is almost 2008 and we should re-evaluate which manufacturers should get their own thread based on the aggressive manufacturers that are consistenly growing and moving overseas. Last time we checked in 2006/2007 and the current manufacturers are mixed with growing ones like chery geely and gwm and some slow ones like changfeng, byd and hafei.

Please post in this thread
1.the manufacturer that should get its own sub-forum
2. 1 reason why (example: they starting exporting to Ukraine, Pakistan etc)

Thanks

#3 ·
1.) Beijing Automotive Industry Holding - has joint-ventures with Mercedes, Chrysler, Hyundai and also assembles Mitsubishi cars. Sub-forum could be made for BAW.

2.) Changhe - has JV with Suzuki and is expanding its lineup with interesting models such as Ideal or Landy.

3.) Polarsun - In my oppinion very ambitious company

4.) Soueast (South East) - they have interesting lineup and have signed agreement with Dodge to produce Delica for Mexican market.

5.) Guangzhou - has a JV with Honda

6.) Foton - producer of cars and trucks

7.) Liaoning (Huanghai) - also quite large lineup. There models are being produced in Russia by Derways and in North Korea. All new models are copies of established cars.

8.) Shuanghuan - producer of SCEO and Noble. Should I say more? And there models will soon be available all around Europe.

#4 ·
I think i will make the manufacturers i posted in blue live this week, if i didnt hightlight them in blue then i am still evaluating if they deserve their own thread. another problem with making their own threads is that sometimes theres not enough info on them.

martin_krpan said:
1.) Beijing Automotive Industry Holding - has joint-ventures with Mercedes, Chrysler, Hyundai and also assembles Mitsubishi cars. Sub-forum could be made for BAW.

2.) Changhe - has JV with Suzuki and is expanding its lineup with interesting models such as Ideal or Landy.

4.) Soueast (South East) - they have interesting lineup and have signed agreement with Dodge to produce Delica for Mexican market.

7.) Liaoning (Huanghai) - also quite large lineup. There models are being produced in Russia by Derways and in North Korea. All new models are copies of established cars.

8.) Shuanghuan - producer of SCEO and Noble. Should I say more? And there models will soon be available all around Europe.

#8 ·
martin_krpan said:

ok so after careful evaluation i realized 2 should definately get their own forum from this list and therefore

shuanghuan auto and polarsun have gotten their own forums!
thanks Martin.

I wanted to add foton as well but was confused on whether that should be in the trucks section?

#11 ·
Hi Martin,

I will put Guangzhou and Changhe in JV... but Beijing Auto Holdings is very confusing to me.

BAIC is basically a company based on JV's currently, correct me if im wrong and BAW has some of its own identity and own models but is under BAIC?

so should i create a BAIC forum in JV and a BAW in chinese manufacturers? or should i put BAIC in JV and BAW as a subforum of BAIC in JV??

#12 ·
You read my mind. BAW could be a subforum of Beijing in joint-ventures.

As China is becoming very important market for every international car company more and more vehicles will be locally produced. For example, Mercedes is planning to produce C class here. This is important news for their partner, Beijing, also.
In the first ten months of the year, Mercedes-Benz has sold over 20,000 vehicles in Chinese market and the company expects to sell 25,000 vehicles by year-end, said Klaus Maier, President and CEO of Mercedes-Benz China.

"If we could sell 25,000 vehicles this year, China is likely to enter Mercedes-Benz's top 10 market list. And we expect China to enter top five market list in the near future," Klaus Maier told Shanghai Securities News, adding that China has already become Benz S Class' second largest market throughout the world.

However, China is becoming Mercedes-Benz's fasting growing market in the world, Shanghai Securities News said.

A new generation of Mercedes-Benz C class sedan was introduced to Chinese market last week and the model will be locally produced in March next year, Maier said.

"We are not afraid the impact of local production plan on the sales of new C class in Chinese market," Maier said. "In the first four or five months this year, the sales of old C class was up 100 percent compared to the same period last year. "

The imported new C class will be sold in a three-to-four-month transitional period and locally produced new C class will hit Chinese market next spring, Maier said.

"In the next two years or one year and a half, locally produced Benz vehicles and imported vehicles will each represent a half of total Benz sales in Chinese market, but in the future, locally produced Benz vehicle will take bigger share," Maier said.

Local production of Benz vehicles must meet two requirements said Dong Changzheng, vice president of Beijing Benz Daimler-Chrysler. "First, it must meet Chinese regulations on the local production of foreign brand vehicles; locally produced vehicles must Mercedes-Benz's global standards."

As for the sales network, Dong said Mercedes-Benz has four 4S stores and two exhibition facilities in Beijing and 85 franchised stores throughout China.

In the first ten months of the year, Mercedes-Benz has sold 1.05 million vehicles worldwide, up 1.9 percent from one year earlier, Shanghai Securities News reported.
As Beijing has many JV's it certanly deserves own forum in JV section.

#14 ·
I realize I'm only a junior member, but with BYD's committment to electric and at least one other manufacturer discussing the production of the hydro fuel cell (based on GM licensing)- I'd certainly like to see a separate area of the forum labeled "Green".

#15 ·
Auto China 2008 clearly showed which Chinese companies have ambitions and assets to become serious players in global automobile market.
I think it's time for us to reevaluate which company deserve its own forum and which not.

I will name companies which in my oppinion deserve own forum and reasons why.

- JAC - They presented four interesting cars which all look almost ready for production. That means we will be hearing a lot from them in the future. They are already selling Bingyue sedan, Refine MPV and Rein SUV.

- Soueast - I already suggested once this company. They have JV with Mitsubishi and produce handful of cars under Japanese or own badge. They also produce Dodge Caravan. Auto China also showed they are serious about expanding their lineup with new vehicles which will not be just rebadged Mitsubishis.

- Zotye - Their Exploison is one of the best selling SUV's in China. And now company also entered personal vehicles market with Multipla and soon to be presented Lybra. They will probaby not stop there.

Besides that I suggest we remove Gonow's forum. The company is stagnating, they are doing nothing. When was the last time we heard anything from them? But as there are two pages of threads about Gonow, I suggest we create a subforum about them in Other forum with all existing posts inside.

Admin, you can just create mentioned forums. I will move all existing topics to appropriate forums.

#18 ·
martin_krpan said:
Auto China 2008 clearly showed which Chinese companies have ambitions and assets to become serious players in global automobile market.
I think it's time for us to reevaluate which company deserve its own forum and which not.

I will name companies which in my oppinion deserve own forum and reasons why.

- JAC - They presented four interesting cars which all look almost ready for production. That means we will be hearing a lot from them in the future. They are already selling Bingyue sedan, Refine MPV and Rein SUV.

- Soueast - I already suggested once this company. They have JV with Mitsubishi and produce handful of cars under Japanese or own badge. They also produce Dodge Caravan. Auto China also showed they are serious about expanding their lineup with new vehicles which will not be just rebadged Mitsubishis.

- Zotye - Their Exploison is one of the best selling SUV's in China. And now company also entered personal vehicles market with Multipla and soon to be presented Lybra. They will probaby not stop there.

Besides that I suggest we remove Gonow's forum. The company is stagnating, they are doing nothing. When was the last time we heard anything from them? But as there are two pages of threads about Gonow, I suggest we create a subforum about them in Other forum with all existing posts inside.

Admin, you can just create mentioned forums. I will move all existing topics to appropriate forums.

hi martin, i have created a forum for ZOTYE AUTO and SOUEAST (Fujian) Motor

thanks for the suggestions everyone :)

#21 ·
Request JAC taking over the JI'AO section

Im just gonna put it out there once more: Theres absolutley no reason GONOW should get its own forum. Listen, even GWM and ZX cant survive on just generic SUV's anymore and thats understood. GWM is putting out a mpv and ZX is doing something, so they have reason to keep theres. But GONOW really is just as useless as Dadi or Tianma; at least Tianma has the Hero.

JAC, on the other hand, is a renown company in teh Truck field, but is also an international organization and, most importantly, has a lineup worthy of its own forum. We did it with Zotye and they dont even really have anything. I say JAC should take this space and GONOW has got to go

#25 ·
Beijing Automotive Industry Holding - has joint-ventures with Mercedes, Chrysler, Hyundai and also assembles Mitsubishi cars. Sub-forum could be made for BAW.