China Car Forums banner

What car is that?!

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  dragin 
#1 ·
I'm actually talking about the car shown at the top/right part of this page/site. The one with the CCF written on it. Is it a Civic?!

#2 ·
Actually it is the Brilliance BS4, or in Chinese the "Zhonghua Junjie". And it does not crash like an empty soda can as it has acheived 3 stars (if I recall, the same for BS4 and BS6) in the EuroNCAP and is now free to sell in Europe.

Cheers =]

EDIT: Here is a picture for you:

#5 ·
It´s a Brilliance BS 4!

Hey guys,

this is definitly the Brilliance BS4 (look here or here). The BS6 has different and more conventional back-lights, whereas the BS4 looks younger and IMO more aggressive.

I can confirm that Brilliance started to sell its cars on the European market, e.g. here in Germany. Though I drive alot, I´ve just seen one car on the streets so far, which is sad, as Brilliance might possibly be the one manufacturer, whose current products fits best in the european market. Sales figures for Brillance have been a disappointment, though.

The sales disappointment is easy to explain: Brilliance started to sell its cars here, when the global financial crises started. It had these horrible cras results with their biggest model - the BS6. And though the reviews in car magazines mostly welcomed the new competitor on the market, they also noticed that the "fit and finish" and the overall technical features weren´t, what the market expected. A different article mentioned that Brilliances cars were "loud, thristy and boring". Another reason why they might have failed to reach their sales targets over here might be that Germans prefer german cars - especially when it comes to buy large salons. The Swedes, namely Volvo and Saab, were the only ones who managed to sell large sedans over here. Saab is (sorta) dead; Volvo is being bought by Geely. We´ll see, what the future might bring.

As for the BS6: Most of you will remember that the car was having a crash-test years ago. The result looked like this. Just one out of five possible points in the NCAP crash-test. Even worse: The media feedback was undenyingly negative. Very negative (see: "Junk from China").

To be fair: Brilliance has improved the BS6 in the meantime. Anyhow, it reached three out of five possible points in the NCAP crash-test. I didn´t help the sales firgure, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.