China Car Forums banner

Why none of chinese manufactures on EuroNCAP.com

8K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  green car driver 
#1 ·
I see none of chinese car brands on the make list at EuroNCAP.com.
But didn't they have the crash test over there before?

I remember the crash test of landwind and BS6 (move from one star to 3 stars right?)at least. were these tests not official?

#4 ·
The unofficial Euro NCAP crash tests with Chinese cars.

The official European crash test institution NCAP has never tested a Chinese car.

But there are some other institutes which have tested Chinese cars, using the severe regulations of the Euro NCAP.

Here is a complete list until date.

1. September 2005: Jiangling Landwind X6.
Commissioned by a number of European consumer organisations, most important: ADAC, ANWB and OAMTC, probably for a German car manufacturer. The estimated rating was zero stars (1 point out of 16).

2. February 2006: Chery QQ (Sweet, QQ3).
Commissioned by the car magazine Autoreview.ru, done by the FSUE NICIAMT passive safety laboratory. Car was numbered 706. The estimated rating was one star (4.9 point out of 16).

3. June 2007: Chery Amulet (A15, Qiyun, Banner Cloud).
Commissioned by the car magazine Autoreview.ru, for the Russian car manufacturer Autovaz, done by the Autovaz laboratory. Car was numbered 964. The estimated rating was zero stars (1.7 point out of 16).

4. June 2007: Brilliance BS 6 (Grandeur, Zunchi).
Commissioned by a number of European consumer organisations, most important: ADAC, OAMTC and AMWB, probably for a German car manufacturer. The estimated rating was zero to one star.

5. September 2007: Brilliance BS 6 (Grandeur, Zunchi).
Commissioned by the European Brilliance importer HSO. Done by the Spanish Idiada Institute. The estimated rating was three stars.

6. December 2007: Geely Otaka (CK, Ziyoujian, Free Fleet).
Commissioned by the car magazine Autoreview.ru, for the Russian car manufacturer Autovaz, done by the Autovaz laboratory. Car was numbered 1004. The estimated rating was zero stars (1.7 point out of 16).

7. December 2007: BYD F3.
Commissioned by the Russian car importer Irito, done by the FSUE NICIAMT passive safety laboratory. Car was numbered 809. The estimated rating was three stars (10.2 point out of 16).

8. April 2008: Lifan Breez (520).
Commissioned by the Russian car distributor Eastern Ltd. and the Derways Assembly Plant, done by the FSUE NICIAMT passive safety laboratory. Car was numbered 814. The estimated rating was three and a half stars (21,5 point).

9. August 2008: Chery Tiggo 3 (T11).
Commissioned by the Russian car magazine Vnedorozhnik, done by the FSUE NICIAMT passive safety laboratory. Car was numbered 832. The estimated rating was one star (2.8 point out of 16).

10. March 2009: Brilliance BS4 (Junjie sedan).
Commissioned by a number of European consumer organisations, most important: ADAC, OAMTC and AMWB, probably for a German car manufacturer. The estimated rating was three stars (6,85 point out of 16). ADAC claimed that the car should have zero stars as the testprotocol had changed a couple of weeks before the test. Each car without ESC should get zero points. The other consumerorganisations like ANWB, TCS and OAMTC disagreed and staid to the old testprotocol, giving the car three stars.

11. September 2009: Great Wall V240 Dual cab pickup.
Commissioned by the ANCAP (according Australian standards, compatible with EuroNCAP) at the RTA Crashlab at Huntingwood, NSW. Car was numbered B0934. The rating was two stars (2.36 out of 16, overall score 16.49).

12. September 2009: Great Wall SA220 Dual cab pickup.
Commissioned by the ANCAP (according Australian standards, compatible with EuroNCAP) at the RTA Crashlab at Huntingwood, NSW. Car was numbered B0935. The rating was two stars (2.32 out of 16, overall score 16.49).

Be careful: at least two tests are described in the press as Euro NCAP, as they are in reality Euro R94 tests. The main difference is the speed of the collision (56 km/h in stead of 64 km/h).
These are the Irito/Niciamt test of the Brilliance M2 (BS4, Splendor, Junjie) of February 2008 and the CATARC (Chinese test institute) test of the Great Wall Hover of July 2007. Even Great Wall itself speaks about a Euro NCAP 4 stars rating for the Hover, a big mistake.

Source: http://www.chinesecars.net/index.php?page=57

#6 ·
I did of course know I referred to an article of your website ;) I knew you published the article earlier at CCF. And I hadn't read the lawsuit page yet, but it's very interesting. I already knew something about the trouble with that company which intended to build the MG XPower because of this article: http://www.autointernationaal.nl/artikel.php?id=13759&n=0.

#7 ·
It's nice to see some Chinese cars doing well. I was surprised with Lifan and BYD getting three and a half and three stars respectively. It shows that not all Chinese cars are unsafe and are comparable to some less expensive Korean cars (Hyundai Accent and Getz as well as some older Kia Rio's).

#10 ·
Hallo Rosmalen, do you know that Bill Riley ("W. J. Riley Sports and Thoroughbred Cars", together with a HongKong company named "Oriental Machinery Ltd.") offered Beijing Jeeps already in ....1979 in the UK! He offered 2- and 4-door versions of the BJ212, with Vauxhall, Ford and Chrysler engines; ZF gearboxes, wider tires, Cibié lights, one piece windscreen. This project didn't make it...
(See my book "Cars and 4x4s from Beijing and Tianjin)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.