China Car Forums banner

My First Car in China.

8K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Rally Red Lancer GTS 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I just moved to Shanghai 6 months ago, planning to get a car budget 300k-400k Yuan. I need some opinions and guide, back in my country I had Mazda RX8 03 fully modded and sold it. I was looking at GRB STI 2010 but is too pricey :(

I was thinking of getting the Limited Edition Mini Cooper but I love modifying cars and JDM! so yeahhh that will be my last choice and I'm very fussy about cars too :D

BTW I don't mind getting a secondhand car

What I have found so far is -

1. Mini Cooper S
2. Mercs C200k <--- Tempting :D
3. BMW 325i
4. Cadillac CTS
5. Gold GTI MK6 <--- When is it gonna launch?

Kent

#5 ·
omg! I forgot about the low rev part of RX8. pfft

hmm any other Japanese hot hatch? I hate Swift inside out :s
Golf GTI MK6 looks pretty good too but when is it gonna launch here?

It should be cheaper through, back in my country with 200% tax on cars.
MK6 GTI selling for around 380k yuan. My friend driving one MK5 cost him 440k yuan on the road in Shanghai...

#9 ·
ruru said:
Why? You see I'm not easily impressed by badges alone so I'd like to know more about what makes spending RMB450,000 to buy a car with a 2.5L engine "good" for someone who is driving in Shanghai.

Please tell us. We are waiting. Patiently.

me too...would prefer performace rather tha comfort at this age.

back to the topic, why not consider the Hyundai Genesis Coupe? ( Rohens). Cheapest sportscar you can buy. The 2.0 Turbo lowest trim is about 200k RMB. Heard about good things about it in the US.

other option, used Evo or Subaru:thumb:

#10 ·
i reckon a evo 9 it will cost me 450k yuan pfft...

at first i was looking for a scirocco 1.4tsi manual but the bloody salesman told me is not coming... then i found out that it will launch 2.0 version and it might cost a bomb.

Rohens i like that car but dad against korean even my driver advised me not to buy it...

any more suggestion?

VW i want my dream car GTI!!!! pfft

#12 ·
Yeah, but in my humble opinion Mitsubishi just plain makes cars that stand up over time, look great, have a van-tastic Warranty, and are not awfully over-priced. Not like a frickin' cow-trap VW.

VW's ought to be taken to the nearest Buffalo Stampede spot and pushed over the edge. Then, when they crash at the bottom of the cliff, they can be put out of their misery with clawpicks and axes.

VW's reliability stinks and puts their whole operation at the top o' the crap list for this SE Arizona padre.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.