Japanese cars vs. Korean cars - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Misc > Off-topic

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:08 AM   #1
4*real*Made_in_China

Talking Japanese cars vs. Korean cars

Which is better?
4*real*Made_in_China is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
WuzhengNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*real*Made_in_China
Which is better?
Perhaps I made a mistake - Isn't the URL I see above www.chinacarforums.com?

Any particular reason you enjoy baiting your nemesis? Sometimes (and I find it hard to do this myself) saying nothing is the winning hand.
www.wuzheng.com
WuzhengNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #3
renyeo

Japanese still has an edge (because they were in it before the Koreans did but the Koreans are closing the gap although that won't be an easy job). The Chinese had a good headstart in third world market but it remains for us to see how the Japanese and Koreans plan to fight back there. Suprisingly, most of the world has a very good opinion of China and its people.

Last edited by renyeo; 12-04-2006 at 08:01 PM.
renyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:27 PM   #4
BringIt

Only established countries, who are afraid of a rich and powerful China, spew hatred and lies about China and her people.

Most other countries do have a good opinion of China - and why not? For China don't get in their business or take advantage of them, and is inspirational to them.
BringIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #5
BringIt

Btw, Japanese cars are way better than the Koreans, but Koreans beat them on price and warranty, so when it comes to the most important factor, value / bang for the buck, they're a wash.

Once Chinese cars enter the scene, with a much lower price and longer warranty and free maintenance, Chinese cars will beat them all in value, and the consumers will notice. (And that is the ONLY way to go)
BringIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 09:36 PM   #6
edge

I think it depends on the brand. Honda and Toyota are certainly still ahead, but Hyundai is fast catching up in quality. Kia is still behind. However, I think Hyundai may have already surpassed Nissan, Mazda, Subaru and other traditional Japanese carmakers (I know not all of these are owned by Japanese anymore).

Chinese carmakers still have ways to go before it can compete head on with Japanese brands or Hyundai. However, I think a window of about 10 years is reasonable. China's carmakers are very ambitious and their development is astonishing, it's more than I expected actually.

Yes, China has a good image amongst developing countries. The reasons are obvious. Many developing countries can identify with China, which is a country that was once humiliated by colonialism and Western imperialism, but has been able to rise up again and has made huge strides against poverty and achieve a huge level of development. I think these are all problems that many developing nations can identify with and China's successes are an inspiration for them. China's model definitely is more fitting for them than the neoliberal policies advocated by Western nations.
edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:53 AM   #7
oo4load

Nissan and Mazda hardly qualify as Japanese cars, basically they sell modified Peugeots/Fords.
I wouldn't want one even if they were for free
oo4load is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:40 AM   #8
coalbiz

If they're free--I'll take a 350z please. They are not that bad and I'd still own one before a korean car right now.
coalbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #9
bassfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringIt
Only established countries, who are afraid of a rich and powerful China, spew hatred and lies about China and her people.

Most other countries do have a good opinion of China - and why not? For China don't get in their business or take advantage of them, and is inspirational to them.
Just remembering how american did not hesitate to drop atomic bomb on japanese civilian targets not once but twice due to racism. America treat all other races as inferior, witness treatment of arabics in mideast, blacks and hispanics in america.
They stood by and allowed horid atrocities by japan against korea and china in order to divide and conquor.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #10
WuzhengNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher
Just remembering how american did not hesitate to drop atomic bomb on japanese civilian targets not once but twice due to racism. America treat all other races as inferior, witness treatment of arabics in mideast, blacks and hispanics in america.
They stood by and allowed horid atrocities by japan against korea and china in order to divide and conquor.
..Wow..
www.wuzheng.com
WuzhengNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement