Lifan in Iran - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Lifan

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:53 AM   #1
pnegyesi

Default Lifan in Iran

Hi!
An Iranian website reported that Kerman Khodro, which through a subsidiary was busy assembling Chery cars is now looking into assembling the Lifan 520 in Iran.

Anyone has got any details?

Thanks
Pal
pnegyesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
eddie

Is it possible to make dealership contract with two different brands as you mean?If khodro has the right to sell Chery in Iran then how dare the same khodro to sign a new dealership to sell Lifan cars as well?If so there's a great mistake I doubt.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
ash
CCF Mod

lifan is keeping a low proofile overseas...they were aggressive in Vietnam and in Costa Rica i think...i havent heard much on Iran
ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:29 PM   #4
dragin

Pal, didn't know that Khodro was assembling anything but Cherys and maybe some Hafei Lubaos.
But Ganja Auto, just up the road from Iran, in Azeri City, Azerbajian, is assembling both Khodro's Samand sedans and Lifan's 520 sedans. That might have led to a connection between Khodro and Lifan.
dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:47 PM   #5
pnegyesi

There's a bit of a mix-up here.

Yes, Iran Khodro has a partner in Azerbaijan, but that's not Ganja Auto, rather another company of Turkish origin.

I am in contact with Ganja Auto. It just produced a couple dozen Changan pickup trucks last year, and is busy constructing an assembly plant for the Lifan 520, but it's still about a year away.

So the mystery remains

Regards,
Pal
Old 03-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #6
dragin

My mistake Pal. Same city of assembly, i.e. Azeri, but different auto assembling companies.
And I was too hasty about the Lifan start-up. Thanks for your correction.
I will continue to look for more accurate info on the tie-up you inquired about originally.
Best regards....
dragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:04 AM   #7
pnegyesi

So now the situation is more clear. There are talks between Kerman Khodro and Lifan are under way, but there's no deal yet
Old 06-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #8
martin_krpan
Your friendly Mod

China's Lifan 520 rolls off line in Iran.

Quote:
June 11, 2008 - The first batch of Lifan 520 cars have rolled off the production line in Kerman Motor Co in Iran, according to sources of Chongqing Lifan Industry (Group), a large private enterprise centering on the technology development, manufacture and sales of vehicles and motorcycles in China.

The Lifan 520 manufactured in the Iranian facility will continue to use Lifan brand and will target medium-income Iranians aged between 20 and 35. The selling price is fixed with a high price-performance ratio at $10,000 to $15,000. Kerman Motor Co plant is expected to produce around 5,000 units this year, a sales representative of Iran Lifan Group said.

Chongqing Lifan Industry (Group) and Iran Kerman Motor Co. signed deals on equipment sourcing and authorized completely knocked-down (CKD) agency early in mid-July 2007. Then, Lifan-brand vehicles were imported to Iran as CKD kits which were assembled and sold by Kerman Motor Co locally.

Up to now, Lifan Group has built five CKD assembly facilities in South-East Asia, West Asia, East Europe, Middle East, and East Africa. In the future years, Lifan will further expand with another five facilities in West Asia, West Africa, Middle-South America, South Asia and South Africa.

source: Gasgoo.com
martin_krpan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #9
hello

Default Re: Lifan in Iran

i nthink iran is a good market to capitalize but isnt 5000 too little? or are they making more of difffernet models other than 520
Old 07-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #10
mememe

Default Re: Lifan in Iran

Lifan to hit Iranian streets in August

Sat, 05 Jul 2008

Kerman Motor Company says the first of the Lifan 520 automobile, produced by Iran and China, will hit the Iranian market in August.

The dual-fuel vehicles with 1300cc-1600cc engines can run on both gasoline and CNG, Mohammad-Reza Alinaqi said.

The vehicles, manufactured by Kerman Motor Company and Chongqing Lifan Industry (Group) in Iran, will be offered for sale at a price range of $15,000 to $19,000, he added.

"About 300 vehicles will be available beginning the second half of the Iranian month of Mordad [August 5]," Alinaqi said.

The Iranian company is to manufacture 5,000 Lifan vehicles by the end of the current Iranian year (March 2009).

Production capacity is expected to increase to 15,000 by March 2010 and 25,000 in March 2011.

The Iranian and Chinese automakers are said to target middle-income Iranians between the ages of 20 and 35.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...tionid=3510213
mememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement