Geely Panda (Xiongmao) and GX2 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Geely (Gleagle)

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #1
martin_krpan
Your friendly Mod

Arrow Geely Panda (Xiongmao) and GX2

At the Guangzhou Auto Show Geely will unveil their newest minicar, for now codenamed Aoo.

If production version will look at least slightly like this one, it will be by far the most beautiful Geely ever made.

Last edited by martin_krpan; 06-24-2011 at 09:19 AM.
martin_krpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2007, 04:56 AM   #2
AGS2225

It is a copy of the Toyota Aygo (Only a few details changed). And it is not the only copy in Chinese of the same model.

Last edited by AGS2225; 11-14-2007 at 05:02 AM.
AGS2225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:02 AM   #3
mememe

Please tell us more how it is a copy, I have to admit that this is really an ugly design but after looking at it and the Toyota Aygo carefully I failed to see any similarities between this Aoo and the Aygo except for the shape of the car that look similar, You can say that about the BYD F1 but to me this Aoo looks more like the Chery QQ
mememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:49 PM   #4
AGS2225

Notice on the sides, the shapes of doors, the clean windshield, the rear window of the door pivot, the rear door glass .... Just change relative to the Toyota Aygo and Citroen C1 to details like the shape of the front, rear lights, rear bumper and the dashboard.

More than half of the car was a Citroen C1 or a Toyota Aygo.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
mememe

Thank you AG225 but after following your descriptions , again I failed to see the similarity between the C1 (Aygo) and the Aoo, or maybe my eyes are bad , but 1 thing I find similar that you mentioned is the shape of the door, other than that I think nothing else on the Aoo can fit into the idea of a C1 or Aygo copy really, btw I don't know how you come to the conclusion that the rear window of Aoo and the rear window of C1( Aygo) look the same.

PS : Damn the C1 and the Aygo look so alike. I actually never compared the Aygo and the C1 before.

And the Lifan one looks a lot like a C1 rather than an Aygo
mememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:29 AM   #6
vitordavid

As you probably now P.S.A. Group ( Peugeot and Citroen ) share a model with Toyota.
Toyota ygo = Citroen c1 = Peugot 1007. To make it even more interesting the petrol engine used in the toyota is the 3 cylinder twin cam made by daihatsu thats used in the new sirion
vitordavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:53 PM   #7
hello

its cute and nice, as long as reliability and price and safety is good, it hink it wiilll do good in chinese asian market
Old 11-17-2007, 03:45 AM   #8
AGS2225

Quote:
Originally Posted by mememe
Thank you AG225 but after following your descriptions , again I failed to see the similarity between the C1 (Aygo) and the Aoo, or maybe my eyes are bad , but 1 thing I find similar that you mentioned is the shape of the door, other than that I think nothing else on the Aoo can fit into the idea of a C1 or Aygo copy really, btw I don't know how you come to the conclusion that the rear window of Aoo and the rear window of C1( Aygo) look the same.

PS : Damn the C1 and the Aygo look so alike. I actually never compared the Aygo and the C1 before.

And the Lifan one looks a lot like a C1 rather than an Aygo

Compares with a Citroen C1 details that you frame in red and shape of the roof (If you fixed More details equal).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	similar.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1043   Click image for larger version

Name:	similar 2.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	1044  
Old 11-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #9
FaWzY

OMG!!!
It looks like a ghost alien!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:11 AM   #10
Rally Red Lancer GTS

There's probably a large set of people just to the east of me, over in New Mexico, Roswell to be exact, who may try and make a play on ordering some of these cars then! I tried to give that front end an objective look and it wasn't workin' for me very well!