Zhonghua - plastic car from China

11K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  erik (laofan), cmvdc 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
zhonghua made in Beijing and Shenzhen

Hi Raul,
as you probably now, Zhonghua means China. There are more products with the same name: these (GlassfibreReinforcedPlastic bodied) Zhonghua's based on a tube chassis were made in Beijing and they have nothing to do with Brilliance.
Zhonghua Auto Industrial Corp. was established in Shenzhen in 1985. Initially, car production took place here, a model developed by the Beijing Jingjiji Corporation. After some years the cars were not licensed anymore, according the central government 100% unsafe, and the manager disappeared to the US. In 1989 production halted, but in 1995 a restart took place in Beijing. In 1997 Zhonghua produced 3800 cars, mostly for use in Beijing as taxi's. They were equipped with a Xiali engine and they were of very bad quality, hated by the taxi drivers. The factory was closed at the beginning of this century.

http://www.carnewschina.com/2012/02/21/history-the-plastic-zhonghua-car-from-beijing/

#6 ·
My name is Xiaoming Qiu, graduated from Jilin University of Technology in 1983 with BS in Automotive Design. I (part-time) provided styling and body design, manufacture plan preparation, and in-shop fabrication/assembly consulting support for Mr. Jinsheng Tang during 12/1984-10/1986, while working in the China Automotive Industry Corporation.

#9 ·
Hello Xiaoming. I spend some pages to the Zhonghua project in my history document "Made in China, Lost small cars of the 1990s".((https://www.chinesecars.net/content/made-china-lost-small-cars-1990s-0). To be exactly: Project BS111 of the Jing-Jin-Ji Corporation in Beijing in 1985, Zhonghua factory and products in Shenzhen, 1985-1989 and Zhonghua factory and products in 1994-2000, nearly 50 photos. I visited the Shenzhen and the Beijing works. I would love to exchange information with you, erik@chinesecars.net.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.