China Car Forums banner

Introducing Jinbei

103K views 92 replies 22 participants last post by  CCF mod 
#1 · (Edited)
Jinbei, a subsidiary of Brilliance China Automotive Holdings, is one of the largest minibus makers in China, producing the Toyota HiAce in various guises and also the Granvia, locally called the Grace (Granse). Current capacity is 80,000 units. The Group's principal minibus products are the deluxe minibus and the mid-priced minibus, targeting different market segments in the Chinese commercial and passenger car segments.
Current lineup consists of three minibuses: above mentioned Granse, Awing and Qinwu.

Awing:

Qinwu:

See less See more
#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
martin_krpan said:
When checking pictures of Jinbei's I also stumbled upon pictures of China-made Toyota HiAce:

The van looks exactly the same as Jinbei Granse, except of different logo of course. When did Toyota and Brilliance end their cooperation?
Martin, this Toyota HiAce is not Chinese-made but rather imported, if I'm not mistaken. Among all the Toyota products made by FAW and Guangzhou, I don't beleive the van is among them.
And I don't think the Brilliance Jinbei-Toyota cooperation has ended. I beleive Brilliance Jinbei is still a licensed manufacturer of the Toyota HiAce-based van models.

A snip from the Shenyang Brilliance Jinbei website tells us:

"Granse, a top-grade multifunctional commercial motor vehicle designed and developed by Toyota, Japan, became Toyota’s magnum opus with its sense of contemparaneity and advanced technologies communicated in shape design and in performance configuration. In Dec 2001, BJBA officially signed a cooperative agreement with Toyota Motor Corporation, Japan, for introduction of Toyota’s technologies in its exclusive manufacturing of Granse multifunctional commercial motor vehicle."

#31 · (Edited)
Jinbei is another Chinese manufacturer which decided to test its luck at Chilean market:
http://www.autocosmos.cl/noticias/20978/jinbei-nueva-marca-en-chile.aspx

translation:
Jinbei Motor Vehicles belonging to the Brilliance Group, has just landed in the Chilean market with a very interesting commercial range. At first it will purchase an industrial truck and a minibus but later may appear other options.

The engine used in the products of the Chinese firm is the same, 2.2 liters of gasoline with 102 hp and five-speed manual gearbox. It seems somewhat limited and not only for the truck but for the minibus with a capacity of 14 passengers could suffer the consequences of an underpowered with poor acceleration and high fuel consumption.

The most interesting of Jinbei price is very competitive and tear on the 7.590,000 pesos (excluding VAT), about € 9.590 at current rates.

And some pictures of used Jinbei van from 2000:

http://www.mojalbum.com/martinkrpan/avt013/foto/19271982

#39 ·
Jinbei’s third generation Granse available

The third generetion Brilliance Jinbei Granse has entered the Chinese market priced at 159,800 yuan.
Its body measures 4,790 x 1,800 x 1,970mm with a wheelbase stretching 2,985mm. Loaded with a Toyota's 1TR engine with a maximum of 98kW power at 5,600rpm and 182Nm torque at 4,000rpm, the new model meets the China IV emission standards.

http://autos.globaltimes.cn/index.html