China Car Forums

China Car Forums (https://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Shanghai Englon (Shanghai Maple - SMA) (https://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   SMA car compared to AUDI-front design (pics) (https://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112)

pokershark 02-26-2006 10:17 PM

SMA car compared to AUDI-front design (pics)

SMA's cars actually seem very pretty on outside

http://images2.fotosik.pl/24/jtkj8daptvf2pt8h.jpg

jikki 03-09-2006 08:35 AM

ya.it's special for women~

ash 03-09-2006 10:56 PM

what is this SMA cars model name? looks nice and girl looks nice too;)

jikki 03-10-2006 04:45 AM

it's hysoul.

fm.illuminatus 03-24-2006 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokershark
SMA's cars actually seem very pretty on outside

I don't get it... it's a blatent rip off of audi... how is that cool?

Admin 03-24-2006 02:00 AM

they will make changes within LAW, and then if it isnt illegal, what is incorrect about it?

they have SIMILAR design, and half the cost, actually less than half the cost,

sure the AUDI brand is worth more..

but its like Rolex watches and knock off watches

some ppl want same design but cant afford it, and thats 90% of US market

fm.illuminatus 03-24-2006 02:56 AM

The diffence between a knock off watch and a knock off car is you don't die or get seriously injured if the knock off doesn't preform like the more expensive product it's a copy of. Chinese manufacturers need to be careful. The knock-off formula may work fine in China (and with smaller cheaper products here) but not with cars here. You will get much more credit with the american consumer for having something original and unique. Hell, when BMW came out with the new mini-cooper I wanted on just because it was unlike anything else on the road (not to mention handled like a go-kart and was a blast to drive - I did get one and loved it). If you make something unique, inevitably SOMEONE will like the styling and try the car. If it's just a knock-off you are rubbing the fact that it is "a copy made in china" (and here that is NOT synonomous with quality) in everyone's face. People will too be afraid of the car falling apart to buy one, and you will have to offer outrageously generous warruntees just to get someone to risk buying your car. (Not to mention insurance companies may consider the car unsafe and refuse to insure, or charge outrageous rates for insurance on the cars... I don't know how it is in china, but here everyone is legally required to have insurance.)

My point after my long rambling? You guys are going to have a hard enough time selling a chinese car as something safe enough for the american consumer to even consider, making it a knock-off just makes the situation for you vastly more difficult.

mrgq 03-25-2006 03:04 PM

you got a point, chinese cars do have to step up

E46DinanM3 03-28-2006 06:10 PM

Just because a car might look like a Benz, BMW, or an Audi doesn't mean that it will have the same appeal. In the US there is alot of importance in the brand name. When an American sees someone in a Mercedes-Benz, they know that the owner must be successful, an imitation Mercedes will be looked down upon.

There also seems to be alot of emphasis that the Chinese imitations "look" just like American, Japanese, or European counterparts. Aesthetics are important, but there is so much more to a car then how it looks. We care about things like reliability, safety, and performance as much, if not more then looks.

Compare the Toyota Camry to the Chrysler 300. The 300 is a better looking car, and many people say that it looks like an imitation Bentley or Rolls-Royce (those two are the pinnacle of luxury cars). The Camry, while not as good looking sells almost twice as well as the Chrysler because it has a reputation for being a very reliable car.

One cannot sell cars like you can clothes or appliances.

j19021974 10-16-2007 10:05 PM

I like your last statement.:thumb: