China Car Forums

China Car Forums (https://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Great Wall / Haval (https://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Great Wall Motors in Peru (https://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4020)

GeneralGrievous 04-01-2008 11:25 PM

Great Wall Motors in Peru

Great Wall has been in Peru for like two years and, although it ain't a great success, I guess it's doing pretty well. Like I said in another thread, I've already seen two Hovers and one Safe in the streets, and that's only in near my house, so I bet there's more of these out there.

I don't have a GWM vehicle yet, but my stepdad has bought a Safe, and it should be arriving in like two weeks, so I guess by that time I'll be able to say what I think about the SUV.

Anyway, is there any Peruvian people or Latin american folks around here who want to talk about the GWM? it'd be cool to know any Peruvian, GWM contact =D

roman 04-02-2008 01:50 PM

Re: Great Wall Motors in Peru

How many models they are in peru of greatwall:thumb:

GeneralGrievous 04-02-2008 06:27 PM

there's the Hover, the Safe, the Deer and a small car whose model name I can't remember =P

roman 04-02-2008 06:53 PM

:thumb:

roman 04-02-2008 06:54 PM

:thumb: the litle car is call peri

danadrianrico 04-02-2008 10:59 PM

ohh fucking hell, the peruanos have China cars already?? Damn I better get my ass back to Cochabamba & import those rebadged Xinkai or else Im screwed.

And please dont say u live in Puno, or else I might as well call it quits.

GeneralGrievous 04-02-2008 11:10 PM

hahaha, calm yourself man... no, I don't live in Puno, I live in Lima, and we've had the Chinese cars - both Geely and Great Wall - for little more than two years, I think...

why would you be screwed, BTW? :O

danadrianrico 04-02-2008 11:22 PM

Notice the avatar??? Im starting a company in bolivia selling rebadged Xinkai suv and sedan made by Jinghang. If great wall takes controll, there will be no chance...unless I price my shit cheaper and say "You should buy from a REAL k'olla not some chinese"

Aldous 04-03-2008 02:37 AM

Hi i following the chinese car industry for long time, i'm very impressed , just a 1 year ago i saw a report in Ruedas y Tuercas by canal 4 about the GWM models in Peru , can say the Hover model is selling very well in Russia and parts of Europe, im living now in Orlando but i'm Peruvian and watching the chinese car industry, i wonder why they don't choose Peru for assembly plant for GWM or another reliable chinese brand because the strategic location and long time ties with China.

micodelija 04-03-2008 04:58 AM

did city car pery hit the market in peru? what is the price of it there?