China Car Forums banner

Great Wall Haval H5

374K views 352 replies 43 participants last post by  Lawrence 
#1 ·

here is first photos of new hover which will be presented at auto show in shanghai

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Re: Great Wall Hover

http://car.cqnews.net/hlxc/200903/W020090320366891006658.jpg
http://car.cqnews.net/hlxc/200903/W020090320366832876876.jpg
http://car.cqnews.net/hlxc/200903/W020090320366833182572.jpg
http://car.cqnews.net/hlxc/200903/W020090320366891468427.jpg

here is some more photos of h5 model, i was expecting much more from gwm, this is still a hover from 2005 year, only with new front, also interior don't look much more modern, that old one look much better to me, i am wonering why GWM did this, because all other models of vehicles have much modern interior, i was expecting more from car which is best selling chinese suv in last 4 years

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)

and here is temporary model h3, which will be on the market unitl h5 was finished, this h3 look much better to me:

new grill and new front bumper, also the engines are still old based mitsubishi engine, most of manifactures offer an engines with 110, 120 kw...and gwm still have 100 kw, also they use new technology for passenger car, and i just wondering why they didn't install newer and modern engine in hover, i have no doubt in quality of that mitusubishi engine, but personaly i would like to see at least 170 ps gasoline and 150 ps diesel engine in hover

Attachments

#120 ·

and here is temporary model h3, which will be on the market unitl h5 was finished, this h3 look much better to me:

new grill and new front bumper, also the engines are still old based mitsubishi engine, most of manifactures offer an engines with 110, 120 kw...and gwm still have 100 kw, also they use new technology for passenger car, and i just wondering why they didn't install newer and modern engine in hover, i have no doubt in quality of that mitusubishi engine, but personaly i would like to see at least 170 ps gasoline and 150 ps diesel engine in hover
i like the look of this one

#8 ·
Re: Great Wall Hover H5

now is vehicle homologated for 5 persons, also have new rear doors, this small button near logo is for opening, he also got camera for rear driving, also new rear bumper, new fog light, new rear light in LED style, etc

dimension of hover is now 4649x1810x1735
engine is mitsubishi 4g69 with 100 kw
also car is now weight 1805 kg, 25 kg less than before

here is me near hover H7

#9 ·

Wow, the Hover H5 is one beautiful new SUV, micodelija. You make a great European salesman for the Hover SUV's. Readers can really tell that you love this company's SUV's, and I'll bet your experience has been a very good one with their SUV's.

Your dedication is very admirable, and continue on with the excellent reporting!

#10 ·

thank you very much, you can see lot of improvments on this new hover, by my opinion they simply improve all by the demands of the european customers, there was also a manager from italy and we is also delighted with the vehicles, i think that this car will be more and more competetive at any market

some european press was there and I told with them, from france, they sit into car and take a photo under the dashboard, i ask him why he is doing it and he told me tha this car is poor quality??? i was shocked, there was also some more people with him, next to GWM was BMW and i show him differences between bmw x5 and hover, that hover have much stronger 4x4 sistem, especially with 4L mode, hover also have chassis which bmw don't have so he can very easily drive on heavy off road, i also present to them the mitsubishi engine, brake sistem from bosch etc...and they was so suprised with it, i also told to them that my car have 100.000 km and that they can arrive in croatia anytime they want to try it, also i present them the price...you can get luxury suv from 23000 €, and in europe you can't buy and luxury suv under 30000 € which will have drive skills and equipment like hover

i am wondering why european press came there to write something bad, they told to me that they never drive this car before and how can they be sure in his quality if they never see the production line and have a test ride???

#11 · (Edited)

^^ The Euro press is just simply following the trend which was started off by Germany and their beloved ADAC.

LOL sit in the car then say it's poor quality. Did you ask them which part of it look poor quality and how they know it ?

They were probably from a French branch of the ADAC group. lol

#14 ·

micodelija said:

here it is, the new H5 live, new interior, new seats, more airbags,new side doors panels

Hi Mico....i hope you have a good travel to Shangai...you're very lucky...thank you for the photos...i can say that H5 expeccially inside a is very very beautiful...GWM has developed very well our Hover.

Yesterday i reach 10000 km with my Hover in only 2 months of life: great comfort, good offroad, ZERO PROBLEMS.
About the press i think that there is quite a 'political war' in which everyone has to deny chinese cars and whatever coming from china.
I'd like to show the wonder in the faces of all the people i meet evey day with my Hover to the press!!
We all know the power of sponsorization that Euopean, American and Japanese Car industry has on press: but our eyes works still better!!

Up GWM

P.s. do you know if H5 will arrive soon in Italy. Thanks a lot

#16 ·

the european press is lobying against the Chinese.
Last week on a portuguese online autonewspaper they were
bashing to a chinese car that were in Shanghai autoshow

A reader left a coment saying something like> If it had a vw logo on it
i bet it was the future of auto industry for you.

#22 ·

zaista ogroman napredak, novi motor, novi interijer, udobnija sjedala i komfornija, više zračnih jastuka, itd itd, tiho ja bi te samo molio da mi ovako komuniciramo preko privatnih poruka, ipak ovdje večina ljudi govori samo engleski i već sam dobio nekoliko upita o čemu se radi, pozdrav :thumb:

#25 ·

gwm plans to install automatic gearboxes in hover, but they must did some modification and changes on the chassis because of that, some new models like cowry or florid got automatic transmissions and gwm present them at the auto show, also front of new hover is little bit similiar to mazda, but hover is complety different vehicle, mazda don't have such aggresive 4x4 mode like hover, also mazda here in croatia offer only gasoline turbo engine with 260 HP, it's more like crossover vehicle while hover is really off road vehicle with that 4x4 mode which he had

also one intresting thing, on second photo you can see two new colors for florid model, first car from the left is like champagne gold and 4th car is really strong blue color

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.