China Car Forums

China Car Forums (https://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Stocks & Investments (https://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Chery share price listing (https://www.chinacarforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221)

Gordon Geko 04-01-2006 06:10 PM

Chery share price listing

:)
Does anyone know what stock exchange Chery Automobiles is listed on?
What their current share price is and possibilities for investing in the company?
Are there any like minded investors out there?:thumb:

Admin 04-02-2006 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Geko
:)
Does anyone know what stock exchange Chery Automobiles is listed on?
What their current share price is and possibilities for investing in the company?
Are there any like minded investors out there?:thumb:

Welcome Gordon, i totally know what your thinking and how your thinking ;)

Im not sure about Chery's trading status though, i know about geely, Brilliance china (zhonghua) and Great wall motors

Gordon Geko 04-04-2006 10:24 PM

Thanks for the reply Admin,

What can you tell me about Geely? Where are they listed and how can investors find out more?

Thanks

Admin 04-04-2006 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Geko
Thanks for the reply Admin,

What can you tell me about Geely? Where are they listed and how can investors find out more?

Thanks

Well in this Category Stocks and Investments you can see some the symbols for geely etc..

Right now the only real Relation with Chinese automotives and US stock Markets is Brilliance China Automotive (CBA)

Geely and GWM are right now on the Over the Counter BB market..if you are familiar with OTCBB, its a penny stock market and very risky....

Doesnt seem like they are getting much attention at the moment..i am going to personally wait until the volume goes up on geely and gwm..i dont want the risk their symbol getting pulled from otcbb

Admin 04-04-2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admin
Well in this Category Stocks and Investments you can see some the symbols for geely etc..

Right now the only real Relation with Chinese automotives and US stock Markets is Brilliance China Automotive (CBA)

Geely and GWM are right now on the Over the Counter BB market..if you are familiar with OTCBB, its a penny stock market and very risky....

Doesnt seem like they are getting much attention at the moment..i am going to personally wait until the volume goes up on geely and gwm..i dont want the risk their symbol getting pulled from otcbb

Actually i mean PK (pink sheets) , not OTCBB...but Pink Sheets is every riskier than otcbb :(

Admin 04-04-2006 10:33 PM

Also ive read in a few articles that Chery investment has not been made public yet...

BuDDaH 04-13-2006 05:16 AM

SAIC, Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation, became a 20 per cent shareholder of Chery at the end of 2000 under a government-formed assets transfer plan. And what's then? I'd like to know if SAIC still holds stake at SAIC Chery Automobile Co Ltd.? What are current major shareholders of the company. There is no mention about th 20% transfer at the both companies' websites. The lates news are olmost year old. It's too long. Maybe someone knows. I'd be ver grateful for any information about this intrecate question.

Admin 04-13-2006 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuDDaH
SAIC, Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation, became a 20 per cent shareholder of Chery at the end of 2000 under a government-formed assets transfer plan. And what's then? I'd like to know if SAIC still holds stake at SAIC Chery Automobile Co Ltd.? What are current major shareholders of the company. There is no mention about th 20% transfer at the both companies' websites. The lates news are olmost year old. It's too long. Maybe someone knows. I'd be ver grateful for any information about this intrecate question.

By these articles, it suggests that SAIC has not stake or interest in Chery

SAIC, which spent 67m buying car designs from collapsed UK carmaker Rover, held a 20% stake in Chery. But it sold the holding late last year in what was thought to be a damage-limitation exercise. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4528565.stm

Chery QQ, a minicar manufactured by a Wuhu City company that until last year was 20% owned by SAIC. GM says the car--especially its headlights, grille, and air-intake system--looks suspiciously like its own Chevy Spark, a small car built by SAIC and GM in western China. GM has complained to the Chinese government for a year about the issue without resolution, but it has not sued. A top Chinese commerce official said recently that GM hasn't provided enough evidence to prove that its design and technology were copied. The copycat issue was complicated by SAIC's stake in Chery, though there is no suggestion that SAIC was involved in Chery's creative design. A spokesman for SAIC told FORTUNE that the company currently holds no interest in Chery. "Shanghai Auto," he says, "has always been consistent with the position to object to any kind of pirating activities."http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2004/10/04/8186799/index.htm

BuDDaH 04-14-2006 10:00 AM

Thanks alot, Geely driver! You did help me! Thanks once more! :thumb:

fightingtorque 04-19-2006 02:33 AM

chery gave the shareholding to SAIC to be able to call the cars 'SAIC Chery'. But then when the QQ issue flared up, SAIC got nervous and returned the shares. the company is still completely state owned, I think by a mixture of city and province government.

some companies like geely and great wall are listed in china. the problem is that regulation of financial reporting is still weak in china, so an enron style built on bs stock valuation that suddenly vaporises is still possible.