China Car Forums banner

Geely Stock To Surge By Years End - 2006

27K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  TRADER 
#1 ·
Geely- Ticker symbol GELFY

Heard rumor from Chicago auto show that GEELY auto will be 2$ a share by the end of the year 2006.... definitely a bet stock...

#2 ·
Well DWG, you say that there was a rumour that Geely's stock would be near a $1 by the end of 2006. I highly doubt that. I bought 19100 or so shares myself, but I doubt it will reach a dollar until at least the end of 2007. Your rumour whether you heard it or fabricated it, seems a little off considering the stock is currently trading at $0.13. I hope your right tho', the volume is trading up a little bit these days tho'. Anyways, cheers to Geely stock!

p.s.: ur wrong about the ticker symbol I think it's GELYF.PK

#3 ·
I hold some Geely stock also.

I cant see the pink sheets GELYF.PK being past 20 cents by May 2007, I dont think your sources are very good if you suggest $2.

Maybe you are referring to the HK listing 0175.HK on Yahoo that trades in Hong Kong dollars. That is about $1 HK right now.

Kiwi.:)

#4 ·
Kiwi_Envoy said:
I hold some Geely stock also.

I cant see the pink sheets GELYF.PK being past 20 cents by May 2007, I dont think your sources are very good if you suggest $2.

Maybe you are referring to the HK listing 0175.HK on Yahoo that trades in Hong Kong dollars. That is about $1 HK right now.

Kiwi.:)
welcome to chinacarforums, kiwi_envoy :)

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
I do stock reviews at my blog sites and I recently did a review of Geely and the Chinese auto market as an investment. You can find the article here.

http://hipegg.blogspot.com/2006/07/geely-automobile-holdings-ltd.html

http://investorgeeks.com/

I would be interested in hearing back from readers on what they think of the different manufactures in China. I hope the reviews help. For the record, I think the Chinese auto market is a great place to invest. The only problem is picking a winning company.

JK

#6 ·
Geely automotive-

Hello again.... well everything I have been reading has been pushing GEELY, their dealings most recently with HELLA electronics will place them far ahead of the pack. They are also a privately owned company as far as there is no goverment control like Brilliance of Chery.
Geely is at almost 20cents and I think it is going to go over the top, they are expanding into Europe and father into Asia.
I have upped my stock holding to 80K and am going to purchase 20K, remember, the more we all buy the better dividends we will make in the future. We will place Geely out of the Pink sheet arena... The more stocks we buy the higher the price will go, the more money, Geely's management will have to purchase and acquire maybe other similar type companies..

:thumb:

#7 ·
"The Pinks" or pink sheets that geely is listed on usually shows junior, lower qaulity and hi risk 'gambles'. Myself, i will not trade such stox short or long (illiquid status.)
My experience teaches that 80% of pink sheet gamblers lose money, lots of money.
Only options and commodities have a higher loss beta (85%).

Some companies graduate from the pinks 'bullitin board' trading but they are few in number. Pinkies usually just stop being shown in the reports which means your gamble is lost.\
Good luck. Rember the first rule of investing: Never lose money.

#9 ·
Wall Street Journal Abbreviated Article-may 13 07

Big Goals Fuel Shift At Geely Automobile :)
By Ellen Zhu
Word Count: 895 | Companies Featured in This Article: Brilliance China Automotive, BMW, General Motors, Volkswagen, Geely Automobile Holdings, Denway Motors
SHANGHAI -- To bet on China's booming auto market, investors can buy shares of a number of state-controlled car makers that produce vehicles in ventures with international companies -- including Brilliance China Automotive, the local partner of BMW, and Shanghai Automotive, which has tie-ups with General Motors and Volkswagen.

But there is another choice that may be worth a closer look: Geely Automobile Holdings, China's biggest private (read: not state controlled) auto maker.;)
Geely, which started making cars in 1999, has been going it alone until recently, focusing exclusively on building its own brand for the Chinese mass market. Shares

#10 ·
could not even see the pink sheets quote on geely 2day. prob due to china markets volatility over past few days?
has anyone here had luck shorting or buying/selling pink sheet stox? My one bad experience goes back 15 years when i shorted a pinkie at $4 only to see it delisted. Took forever to get straightened out with broker and my capital was tied up for over a year.
Buying and selling on the pinks is not easy, its not really a listed, controlled stock.
I do feel that this current correction (likely to run another 20% on slide) is a great buying opportunity in china. Cars, footwear, defense, it will all be on a bull tear after this correction.
US market will, however, tank. Just a matter of people learning that china's fortunes are separate from america's. US is a failed empired in the early stages of rapid decline.

#12 ·
Geely stock

Hi, Im interested in potentially buying a small amount of stock in Geely, its been falling pretty heavily recently and is around .35 a share.

Any input on the companies short and long term outlook? I know they only had a 2.5% share of the Chinese market in 2010, has that improved?

thanks for reading, looking forward to responses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.