China Car Forums banner

Chery Tiggo 5x

45K views 67 replies 8 participants last post by  Chinese LSEV 
#1 ·
#37 ·
This is the T19FL. Both the J68* (a.k.a. T17) and T19 are being produced, although in the Chinese lineup the J68 has been reduced to just one variant, with the 1.5 turbocharged engine.

Brazil continues to produce the J68.

*J68 is identified by "teardrops" under the headlights.

P.S.: I had to change my answer on further investigation.

#39 ·
It is made complicated by the fact that the T19 comes only with an NA engine, whereas the T17 (J68) comes only with a turbo engine*. Furthermore, in some foreign markets, a 2.0-liter version of the T17 is offered which is not available in China. So, Chery needs to keep the T17 in production.

(There is also a difference between the T19 and T17 with regard to rear suspension, but I'm not going into that)

Some of the confusion will be mitigated in the near future because NDRC has approved the T19FL with both NA and turbo engines (but 1.5L only). I think, when these are launched, then Chery can stop making the T17 (for the Chinese market at least).

#40 ·
Sorry, Erik, I have to correct myself again. This is getting frustrating!

From the extensive galleries at Bitauto, I discovered that the J68 (T17) is offered with the body of the T19 since 2019, with same front and rear, and re: 2019 models & later, there is no way to distinguish them visually. The technical differences remain, as also the slight difference in dimensions.

This is the J68/T17 with 1.5 turbo:

Note NDRC code, engine code, displacement and power output:

Multi-link, independent suspension rear:

{contd.)

#41 ·
Chery Tiggo 5x (contd.)

This is the T19 with 1.5 naturally aspirated engine:

Note NDRC code, engine code, displacement and power output:

Torsion beam, semi-/non-independent suspension rear:

Dimensions:
J68/T17: 4338 x 1830 x 1645 mm
T19: 4358 x 1830 x 1670 mm

But what I mentioned about foreign markets holds true, i.e. that some countries are still getting the J68 with the original face.