China Car Forums banner

FAW Besturn B70

74K views 73 replies 27 participants last post by  CCF mod 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
To be launched July 15th, appears to use the Mazda 6 2.3L 120KW 240Nm engine 5 speed Auto box, ABS, EBD, TCS, DSC, Euro NCAP 5 star (does that mean it has 5 stars?) front and side airbags (6 total) but may not be a Hongqi since they are planning to use a different brand name for their bigger luxury cars.

Thats all I can make out for now.

#5 ·
The C301 is designed by Giuseppe Giugiaro. Any resemblance with the Chevrolet you showed is certainly possible when this car is also designed by Giugiaro, or when Giugiaro is inspired by this car, or when Giugiaro and the Chevrolet designer are inspired by the same -third- car.
In modern design world there is a lot of inspiration from each other.
The C301 is for 80% Mazda 6 (platform and engine), only the body is specific Chinese.

Another question, is there already someone with pictures of the C601? Based on the old Audi platform.

#10 ·
I see the resemblance

Hudson said:
Hongqi Benteng. Based on the Mazda Atenza.
From what I know the Atenza name is only used in Japan, does this give us insight into Hudson’s location?

Admin said:
a very nice car
:)
Zoom- Zoom

To me, some portions of the HongQi, such as the steering wheel, the door handle, the door trim, the center dash, and the seats, make it look cheaper than the Mazda and some design elements of the Mazda such as the lines of the door and the materials that do not work in a more upscale design.

#13 ·
Holy Cow!

This car is the first more than decent looking chinese car I've seen!
From the outside, It looks more Nissan Altima or Maxima, but It's
almost beautiful! I don't care if the interior is counterfeit BMW, i
would totaly buy this car! It actualy looks somewhat like a quality
made car (and quality interior) made with mostly good taste.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.