China Car Forums - View Single Post - ZX Auto S1 (BQ7151A)
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 02:49 AM   #3
dmitra
CCF Mod

Default ZX Auto S1 "Coupe"

From MIIT's Fuel Consumption Inquiry table, I learned that the BQ7151A is going to be known as "S1" (中兴ĚS1).

On doing a little more investigation, it turns out that ZX Auto is planning to launch a total of 4 passenger vehicles, on two platforms*, among which the S1 will come in two versions: a "sport" version and a "travel" version. The "sport" version is the one pictured above, and since "sport" SUVs are sometimes also called "coupe", I looked again at the rear end of the car and the second word after S1 very much looks like "coupe". I am speculating that the "travel" [used to describe estates] version will very likely be a -- possibly longer -- variant of this body with a more conventional six-window SUV design, somewhat like the RR Evoque.

The other two passenger vehicles in the pipeline are tentatively known an "S3" and "A3". I guess the S3 will be another SUV sitting one or two segments higher. The welding line for the S3 has already been set up in Rizhao (link). I however cannot say what the A3 will be. I doubt they'll do sedans.

*Referred to as 1-series and 3-series Passenger platforms.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	51269  
dmitra is offline   Reply With Quote