China Car Forums banner

VOYAH brand

12K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  CCF mod 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dongfeng Group's new brand and logo, representing high-end new energy vehicles, were unveiled. The Chinese brand is 岚图 (lantu).

Reportedly, "the [Lantu Automotive Technology] Company is independent of any subsidiary of Dongfeng Company and adopts a fully independent market-oriented operation, from model development, production, to after-sales. The new independent industrial chain does not interfere with other previous brand channels."
https://www.geeknev.com/news/280/2809119.html
http://news.bitauto.com/zonghexinwen/20200718/1212150051.html

See our discussion on the various "Lantu" names used or proposed previously in the Chinese auto industry.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
DMitra, some folks might wonder why you are posting this info, about the former Dongfeng-Renault joint venture company, in a "Thread" that is dedicated to this new brand of Dongfeng's called "Voyah".
My understanding of your thinking on that subject, is that the new Voyah project is to be located, and its product produced, in Wuhan, under the same roof of the recently terminated joint venture mentioned.

Furthermore, thanks to your latest post you have corrected my mis-understanding of the new Voyah as just another "sub-brand" like Venucia, in the DFMC division. And so now I see that it is rather a dedicated brand under the newly formed, "Dongfeng Motor (Wuhan) Co., Ltd. [东风汽车(武汉)有限公司].",in the DFMG division.

One more thing that I am curious about is the fate of the other Dongfeng-Renault joint venture established in 2017 under the name,"eGT New Energy Automotive Co." which included Nissan participation, of 25%. Will that still survive and go forward? If the answer is yes, then please let us know which division (of those mentioned above) it will fall under.
Thank you.

#5 · (Edited)
Voyah is a brand that belongs to a new business unit or division called "Dongfeng Motor Group Co., Ltd. Lantu Automotive Technology Company (Branch)". Development of the cars and brand strategies will be the responsibility of this business unit.

Dongfeng Motor (Wuhan) Co., Ltd. is the manufacturing entity which will operate the plant. Both this and Lantu Automotive are co-located at Huangjinkou Industrial Park in Hanyang dt. of Wuhan, the site of the ex-DRAC factory. (I won't be surprised if Voyah products are made under the "DFR" qualification of DRAC).

DFMC and DFMG are not divisions, these are full-fledged companies. Please refer to this post.

In another post relating to these issues, I mentioned (and Renault clarified) that the eGT venture will continue. 50% of this is held by DFMG, the rest equally by the two foreign partners. But looking at sales and production, it is perhaps only a question of when, not if, eGT will also pack up for good. In Jan-July of this year, eGT produced ~70 (seventy) cars and delivered ~640 cars (in total) to the four brands Renault, Venucia, Aeolus, and Fengon (sales of Forthing's T1 haven't started yet). I am also wondering who is selling Renault's City K-ZE eNuo, since I've heard Dongfeng-Renault sales outlets have either closed down or become franchisees of other brands. Perhaps independent sellers of electric cars.

#6 ·
Dongfeng Motor (Wuhan) Co., Ltd. is the manufacturing entity which will operate the plant. Both this and Lantu Automotive are co-located at Huangjinkou Industrial Park in Hanyang dt. of Wuhan, the site of the ex-DRAC factory. (I won't be surprised if Voyah products are made under the "DFR" qualification of DRAC).
In 2013, after paying one dollar for Sanjiang-Renault Automobile Co,Ltd., Dongfeng should get its money's worth, and have the right to use SRAC's license for this project. :nod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.