China Car Forums banner

who drives a japanese car here?

41K views 49 replies 33 participants last post by  fast 
#1 · (Edited)
i drive a s13 hatch

except im not allowed to post pics right now

post away...

#6 ·
If U live in the US, the car in the pic is a Nissan 240SX, from 1989 on, and was killed a few years back.

Good handling, okay power, cramped interior, so-so fuel economy. Cheap thrills for the younger crowd. Many tuners like it cuz it's cheap and RWD, which is rare amongst Japanese cars.

I nearly bought one when it first came out. I ended up with a used Porsche 944, which is a way better car - tho the electrical problems drove me nuts, but chicks dig it.

#8 ·
S13 is not the name on the badge, but the manufacturers designation. Over the last few years its become the cool thing to refer to your nissans as S13, r32 etc, or your beemers as e34, e39 etc. Its also clearer as long as you know the codes.

#12 ·
well... sad that i cant see that image.... but 180/240sx lol just a difference between a lil jap n a bigger american dude. all i can say is, these lil cars does drift good.... but the rev limit was way 2 low... stock @ around 6500 rpm, lil tuned chip would only make it 7500, a rough guess, cuz my friend has 1 of those

#19 ·
I don't think I've chimed in yet. Yes, I drive a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS with the 2.0L 152hp Mitsu motor and automatic CVT tranny with titanium paddle shifters. It is a car I really love and it's also my first Japanese car. This Lancer GTS breaks a pattern of two new Kia's I bought, starting in 1999. Before that it was three Ford's, and before that it was a '73 Plymouth Gold Duster, before that a '66 Ford Fairlane 4-door sedan. Before that, a 1970 Chevy Suburban huge SUV and before that, my first car, a 1965 Ford Mustang.

That '65 Ford Mustang's bodystyle and my '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS are my two favorite car bodystyles of all time from any manufacturer and from any time period. Period.

#20 ·
rally red, i agree with you the new lancer is a mans car just like the mustang!
yesterday i went to the mitsubishi showroom to look at the montero sport for my growing family...thats when i had my first encounter with the evo10! I have to say the new mitsubishis are beautifully designed....and because of this i might end up with a mitsu montero sport rather than the toyota fortuner. a big step cuz aside from my civic ive always been loyal to toyota. (79 corona, 82 cressida, 91 landcruiser vx, 95 corona)

#24 ·
cuisine said:
this is my mileage in AUDI A8 L 4.2 TDI quatro after 200 kilometers ride...

it is about 28 mpg
hmmm.... I would have expected more from a diesel. A ten year old Corvette can get 30 mpg with a 5.7L gas engine. I guess the A8 must weigh a good bit....

And I've got a FinePix A350. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.