China Car Forums banner

Chang Feng C5 (Liebao CS7)

48K views 40 replies 17 participants last post by  Lawrence 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2 ·
well this looks quite different and looks as if it could really be made, but i guess its another example of just a concept.

These companies cannot take such risks at the moment to product concepts like this, they need to stay mainstream at first , once them are into the mainstream auto industry , then they can take risks with thieir extra revenue and wide funding

#17 ·
Changfeng to make China's first hybrid SUV.

April 2, 2009 - As the earliest Chinese SUV maker, Changfeng Motor is set to launch China's first hybrid SUV model, which is codenamed Liebao (Leopard) CS7 Hybrid, reported West China City Daily.

Industry experts said that its successful development and manufacture of the hybrid SUV has made Changfeng Motor a leader in the Chinese SUV section, with its R&D capability and technology reaching the world's state-of-the-art SUV standards.

Currently, there are only a few manufacturers of hybrid SUVs in the world, and less than 10 hybrid SUV models are available in the global auto market. Most of them are high-end hybrid SUV models of luxury brands, such as BMW, GM, Mercedes-Benz, and Lexus.

The release of Changfeng Motor's Liebao CS7 Hybrid marks China's having its own hybrid SUV manufacturing technology. The Changsha, Hunan-based SUV-maker said this world-class hybrid power system will be first applied to the CS7 model, which can start volume production soon.

Changfeng Motor aims to sell 280,000 vehicles annually by 2010. The company will launch two new models in each year to reach that sales goal. Of the 280,000 sales target, there will be 100,000 sedans, 100,000 pickups, and 80,000 SUVs.

source: Gasgoo.com

#25 ·
Re: Chang Feng CS7 (C1 concept)

So the CS7 is 54.000 RMB cheaper than the Nissan Qashqai, but 15.000 RMB more expensive than the Chery Tiggo3 and 10.000 RMB more expensive than the Great Wall Hover H3. So I think the Hover H3 is a better buy than the CS7: it's larger and also better looking in my opinion.

#26 ·
Re: Chang Feng CS7 (C1 concept)

daewoo-chevrolet said:
I definitely prefer the version with the normal grille. The car looks OK for a Chinese SUV, but the proportions of this shrunken Hyundai Santa Fe are a bit dubious.
I think the weird grille version is the concept car from three years or so ago. The normal grille version is probably the production version.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.