China Car Forums banner

Wuling Hongguang Mini EV

26K views 59 replies 7 participants last post by  CCF mod 
#1 ·
Wuling 'Geek Fengyun' (Geek枫云) is a small electric car with dimensions of (length, width, height) 2917, 1493 and 1621mm and a wheelbase of 1940mm.

http://vdger.com/2020/03/12/247354865/

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)

Attachments

#6 ·
Re: Wuling Geek Fengyun

Dmitra,
No I haven't checked out the MIIT pictures yet, so I don't know.
I didn't mean to imply anything with my comment, I just thought you were uncertain about the commercial name of the car. I thought adding the name someone else had come up with might help.

#7 ·
I am still uncertain about the name of the car and will remain so till it is launched. I stated that example of the GT01, not because I took your statement about Tycho as an implied affront but to demonstrate that even seasoned experts (such as Tycho) will come to erroneous conclusions based on unclear or pixellated text from images. I myself have made this kind of error a number of times (confusion between Ora iQ5 or iQ6, Baojun RC-5 or RC-6 when the RC-6 was initially revealed, etc.). Erik (having 50+ years of experience with Chinese cars) once wrote to me about a "Haima L5" minivan which turned out to be the V70 with "1.5" written in a particular style; he also read "风行T1" as "M13T" while compiling one of his catalogs. When the Foton Sauvana was launched, there were a number of English articles, including one by Tycho, which reported the name as Salivana (which I had asked him to correct afterwards). In this case, the source images were clicked at an exposition, and not some blurry ones published by MIIT or hazy spy shots from the web.

What I am certain about is that the name isn't "Geek Fengyun". If similar vehicles from the same company are badged as E100, E200, E300 (granted those are Baojuns and not Wulings, which this is), it is natural to wonder whether the current vehicle in question, which uses a slightly smaller motor (20 kW) than the others, will continue the same tradition name-wise in being called E[<100], likely ending in 0, especially when the "E" part is more or less evident.

#10 · (Edited)
#21 ·
2021 is the Chinese Lunar Year of the Ox starting from February 12, and the SAIC-GM-Wuling Hongguang MINI EV, China's most popular electric vehicle in terms of sales, is offering a special model to celebrate it.

The special model is a creative modification of the original car model combined with the "Year of the Ox" elements. The car is painted in red and black, with a bull motif on the decals and a pair of horns on the roof.

The front part of the car is designed with a "21" pattern on the front hood, which means 2021, and the side part is an exclusively designed bull logo, as well as enlarged new wheels with wheel calipers in corresponding colors.

The Hongguang MINI EV special modification kit for the Year of the Ox will be released at the end of January.
https://cnevpost.com/2021/01/22/mak...offers-special-model-to-celebrate-year-of-ox/
https://auto.163.com/21/0122/10/G0UKHIJT0008856R.html#p=G0UK74I62O3F0008NOS

#25 ·