China Car Forums banner

Questions about Great Wall cars

98K views 130 replies 52 participants last post by  wongdio13-42 
#1 ·
Hello!
1) It's very interesting to know about QUALITY of Great Wall Motors pickups and SUVs! Especially from chinese people who can use them in their motherland. Do you like them? Do you use them?
2) What is really better Great Wall trucks (SUV) or ZX Auto Admirals?
3) What can you say about RUST protection on these trucks?
4) Do you know any common problems with these trucks (for example: engine, rust, ...)
5) Crash tests!!! Any PHOTOs of crash accidents are highly wellcome!!!

Your information wil be very usefull for all russian owners of Great Wall cars! I'll post it in Russian forums!

If you can tell much information - please tell it!
Any opinions are wellcome. :)

#52 ·
clean32 said:
I am interested to know, what problems owners have had with there cars, or with their dealers?
I am in Russia and am very happy with my G3 but I have had a couple of electrical problems, more annoying than any thing else. Plus the wait time for parts, over a week ?? Anyone else? Good pickups but hay no one is perfect.:lol:
the deer line of pickups carry the same engine (gas) as the sailor; i own a sailor and four days after i bought it refused to start at a very prestigeous function (what embarrassment). no power was reaching the gas pump; this was however dealtwith after four days. the deer whcih uses an electric fan has problems with the theremostat (overheating).

#55 ·
brazas said:
Hello all,

Our company would like to buy 10 "Great Wall Hover" for re-selling in Baltic States. Please send offers with details to: rbmeee@yahoo.com

Or write your offer in this forum.

THANK YOU!
you are very inserius...first of all you can buy the vehicles on internet¨,you must provide spart parts,homolgation,services and all...the friend write you best way,contact the company directly,then you will get information,but first you must go to china directly to GWM

#56 ·
for now i didn't have any problems,the left window was working little slower,but the reason is that when i buy the car i didn't pull of the nailon down how i supose to do,so i mess up this :),i also have problem with the police,they stop me to see what car i am driving!

#59 ·
update

Thanks thay put me intuch with Evan ay irito in moscow things happend fast all fixed and thanks to irito.

there apears to be an intresting issue with all dealers not being real dealers, when i was in moscow last irito quoted me a price 50 000 rubles less for a deer5 than the local price.

if anyone was to ask me i would say suport the dealer IRITO.com and forget the rest
5 stars for them

#60 ·
clean32 said:
I am interested to know, what problems owners have had with there cars, or with their dealers?
I am in Russia and am very happy with my G3 but I have had a couple of electrical problems, more annoying than any thing else. Plus the wait time for parts, over a week ?? Anyone else? Good pickups but hay no one is perfect.:lol:
had a few electrical problems myself; gw sailor four days after i bought it could not start. but it i ok now. do you have a good toyota shop close by many of the parts are only different in name. if you can take the defective part with you i am sure you can get a japanese substitute; thats what i do as i have a problem with the quality of the chinese replacement parts.:eek:

#61 ·
lol

to keep it short, i contacted China, thay contacted moscow, i was then iformed that thay had puled the dealership of the agent where i purchaced my D3, and good to them for doing it, there service was crap.
in short the Moscow dealer sent a truck up to get my d3. it came back 2 days latter all fixed. Thank you GW

#68 ·
Single Cab pickup - Payload

Hello All

[Posted in Gonow forum as well]

Anyone know if Gonow uses a different chassis or axle than GWM?

In South Africa, the single cab pickup from Gonow can only carry a load of 925kg, while single cab pickup from GWM can carry a load of 1080kg!

Both pickups weighs 1420kg

Anyone that has any idea?

Gonow: xxx.gonowauto.co.za/specifications.asp
GWM: xxx.gwm.co.za/

I'm trying hard to figure out which one to buy for my business.

Cheers

George

#70 ·
Safety is always the most important issue.
However many small suv and cuv, like The Mercedes ML320 and many korean made suv's, have been able to place a third row of seat safely.
This is specially important to accomodate children.
I have noticed there is enough room for it, and This will help Hover to compete on the suv market globally.

#71 ·
Dealer site states 925kg

Read this article and all I could find so far, but loadbox could hold 1025+ if the same as the Isuzu loadbox, but only legal limit allowed is 925kg...that usually point to "weaker" chassis or axle!
The GWM which "theoretically uses the same chassis & maybe the same axle is allowed 1080kg... so where is the difference?

Makes me worry if the chassis is actually really Isuzu, but thinner steel?

The vehicle also weighs less than the current 2.0 lt Isuzu so where did it shed its weight? hopefully not on the body or chassis!

Cheers
George

#76 ·
Great Wall Deer Costa Rica

Hi,

I've got a 2004 Great Wall Deer, double cab, Gas, 2 x 4 in Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Recently my distributor went dead. I am looking for a new one, and wondering if there are any suggestions for Costa Rica.

The Parts Distributor out of San Jose, says that maybe it will be 15 days to order. I don't believe 15 days, I think longer, and also need it faster.

If anyone knows where I might be able to find one, please let me know!

Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.