China Car Forums banner

Great Wall Haval (Hover) H3

255K views 196 replies 57 participants last post by  dragin 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#52 ·
lucho said:
As far as I concern you have to evaluate an engine capacity by the torque, and the Turbo Diesel Hover have a pretty good torque about 220 N.m at 1800-2200 RPM, so I think it would not be the fastest car but the car would move very well with this engine.:thumb:
Yeah, turbo diesel engines are different. I don't have enough experience with these engines, but I know they make huge amounts of torque which moves the car nicely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbodiesel

#55 ·

i have a hover with diesel engine, car have 95 ps and goes good, max.speed is 150 km/h, i don't want to drive it faster because car in completly new, also car isn't very noisy, car have instead a stick for 4x4, a new electric swich, works wery easily, also it's a super luxury version and have the front heaters

also soon i will try to put it a "dastek chip" tuning, then car will have at least 110 ps

#58 ·
they made it for you car, they take down the original ECU and make a copy of it...then they install a new parameters for machine and do the testing od dynometer (equipment which measuring the power of engine),also they regulate the overheating of engine(cooling sistem)

Thanks!!!:thumb:

#64 ·
Hover was the best selling SUV in China in 2007!

The Chinese government group, the National Association of Passenger Manufacturers, released a report yesterday saying that 375,000 SUVs were sold in China, of which the Great Wall Hover, and Chery Tiggo were the best selling models.

Top sellers:

1. Great Wall Hover - 55,752 cars sold
2. Chery Tiggo - 50,098
3. Honda CRV - 45,686
4. Hyundai Tuscon - 44,729
5. Zotye 2008 - 31,577

The real surprise in that list is, most of the manufacturers are domestic models, and the Zotye, a relatively small player in the Chinese market place has reached sales of 31,577. Good work!
source: China Car Times

#66 ·
stronger engine

hover got a modifed engine, now it's called 2.8 TCI
have 85 kw, and 285 Nm
i think that soon will be avalible for other markets

this i now i can say ok, much better instead of 70 kw,so when i get it...i will try to chip it also, i think that i can get at least 100 kw,if is this engine avalible in hover i think that company will put it also in wingle

#69 ·
2008 Great Wall Hover

Great Wall debuts 2008 Hover at Beijing auto show.

April 25, 2008 - The Great Wall Auto debuted its 2008 new Hover at Beijing auto show. Hover, a China-made world-class vehicle model, has won the championship of SUV unit sales for years.

Boasting all good features of Hover CUV's chassis, structure, performance and safety, the 2008 new Hover is largely improved in the engine, control, safety and comfort through extensive upgrading from the existing model.

The new Hover is powered by the GW2.5TCI diesel engine of German Bosch high-pressure common rail technology with maximum output at 80KW, and maximum torque at 300NM. With On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) added, the emissions meet the Euro Ⅲ standard and the top speed can reach 150km/h.

The new Hover is also equipped with Traction Control System (TCS) to avoid the wheel slip in the emergency braking and can increase the driving stability and safety.

source: Gasgoo.com

#75 ·
Great Wall 4G69 Hover goes on sale this month.

June 2, 2008 - Great Wall Motor will launch nationwide this month the new edition of its Hover CUV (crossover utility vehicle) equipped with the Mitsubishi 2.4L SOHC 4G64 engine. The all-new Hover was unveiled at the 2008 Beijing auto show in April.

Equipped with the Mitsubishi 4G69 engine delivering 100KW of power and 200 Nm of torque, and with dynamic Delphi MT20U2 EFI engine management systems, Hover CUV meets China's national IV emission standard. As the Hover is a crossover utility vehicle, it features 4-wheel drive (4WD); however it can be switched to standard 2-wheel drive.

The solid headlamp gives the vehicle a unique charm that may remain unrivalled for at least a few more years in the auto industry. The new Hover is also equipped with Traction Control System (TCS) to avoid the wheel slip in the emergency braking and can increase the driving stability and safety.

After the new 4G69 Hover goes on sale in the Chinese market this month, the 4G64 Hover will be still available in some parts of the country.

source: Gasgoo.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.