China Car Forums banner

Kawei auto

52K views 53 replies 10 participants last post by  dmitra 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Re: Kawei auto SUV

Something strange with this company. They use JNQ and LT designations, JNQ is from Chunzhou (Mudan), or Zhangjiagang Jiangnan. LT is from YTO (First Tractor). The Kawei K1 pickup (LT1030) has the same front end as the Chunzhou SUV II (JNQ6460). The pickup also exists under the designation JNQ5030 and KWZ5030. Jiangnan is part of Kawei, as I understood it well, but what is the relationship with YTO?

#5 ·
Re: Kawei auto SUV

I could not find a direct link between YTO and Kawei but if you look at the specs of these three vehicles (examples only):

KWZ5030XGCE211 (Kawei brand) (Mfr: Jiangsu Kawei Special Purpose Vehicle Manufacturing Co)
JNQ5030XYZXK41 (Kawei) (Mfr: Jiangsu Kawei Automobile Industry Group Co)
LT1030MCC0 (Fude brand officially) (Mfr: China First Tractor Group Co.),

all list LT1030MCC0 as the common chassis. So is it possible that YTO is providing the chassis and Kawei the body, and both are producing the same vehicle at their respective plants? But then why does this YTO-built truck (LT1030MCQ1) display the Kawei logo and K.A.W.E.I.A.U.T.O moniker on its face in pictures? Was it a matter of getting the earliest production approval from the authorities, meaning that all the plants apply, then whoever gets the first nod can start up production, while the partner awaits its turn? I am speculating here, though.

Also there is this interesting fact to consider:
On this page, Kawei subsidiary Jiangsu Zhongxin Transportation Equipment Co. claims that it has been the body supplier to Huanghai, Brilliance, GAC GONOW, Tianma, Dongfeng, so that likely explains the commonality of the "Kia Sorento" type body of their respective vehicles i.e. Landscape/Qisheng F1, Jinbei S50, Saboo/Aoosed G3, Tianma Hero, Tuyi V20, as well as their own JNQ6460E2.

#17 ·
Very interesting find, Erik. Looks like Kawei or one of their subsidiaries could be a contract manufacturer. No idea though on who is making the Daytona "mini hot rod" but that also seems a converted golf cart.

(BTW, Erik, I am tied up with some business at hand and will reply to your mail soon. Thanks)

#20 ·
#23 ·
interesting note at website:

At present, under the mode of Kawei’s vehicle body platform, Kawei has achieved synchronous development with SG Automobile, Brilliance Auto, GAC Gonow, Dongfeng Motor, JAC, Yangzi Automobile, Haima Motor, Kaima Automobile, Foton and other companies, having developed SG Qisheng F1 CUV, SG Fortuna Ultimate pickups, SG Pickup King, Brilliance Jinbei S50SUV, Guangzhou Automobile Jiao Aoxuan G3SUV, Dongfeng SUV (to be launched in December 2012), JAC new-type pickups, Yangtze large pickups, Kama large pickup and other models.

all of those makers have those cheap basic pick up which have the same parts, like every bigger town have it own factory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.