China Car Forums - View Single Post - Zhongxing Landmark
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 02:29 AM   #15
grandtheft

IN China it sells for around $14000 USD, I dont' think they are gonna sell for anything cheaper than that in the states.

I own a landmark GX automatic for about a year now and it's running good. I had to change the water tank but other than that, it's quite robust. It sells cheaper than corolla in China but I feel it's much more comfy and safer than a sedan of similar price range. This is the 2nd Chinese car I've bought and so far i'm quite satisfied overall. The 1st chery i bought was a pure disaster! I wont give them another look for another 20 years.

The only thing bothers me is the humming sound when you reach around 80 kilo/hr point. It disappears over 80 kilo though. For a 2.4L engine, it's also quite a gas guzzler, mine is running 15-16 liters per 100 kilo. Traffic in china sucks i know, but still it's quite a lot of gas for this car. I had to change brake pads for just under 15000 kilos. Dunno if it's got something to do with the high gas mileage. The noise from engine gets louder too than when it was new.
grandtheft is offline   Reply With Quote