Are you from foreign countries - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Misc > Off-topic

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:34 AM   #1
jikki

Lightbulb Are you from foreign countries

It's fun that so many foreigners are interested in china national automotive,I am chinese in shanghai,I'm always confused about china auto market,you know although china is the 3rd largest auto market in the world(maybe),but how you can say that it's china national market?

You can see GM,VW,Honda,Toyota everwhere in china,but they are not national,we don't have technology at all in the joint ventures of automotive such as shanghai VW,shanghai GM...

How sad the reality is! but chery,geely gives our chinese hope now,they are trying to work with their own technology and market,I belive that china will be the new success in the world auto market in the near future!
Old 02-21-2006, 03:51 PM   #2
Windy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikki
Are you from foreign countries?
I am from UK 英国.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikki
but chery,geely gives our chinese hope now,they are trying to work with their own technology and market,I belive that china will be the new success in the world auto market in the near future!
You are in Shanghi but have forgotten SAIC (Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation) who are busy developing their own technology (having bought some designs from the UK MG-Rover).

You have also forgotten Nanjing Automobile 南汽 who have bought all the MG-Rover technology and so own it.

I think in 3 years these two companies will bring you more success the Cherry and Geely. SAIC is much bigger than Cherry and Geely combined.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:57 PM   #3
mrgq

Default i am in north america

i am in Canada..

and interested in CHina auto industry because its good to see more variety in cars here and this wont be like how korea invaded with kia..when china comes to canada market there will be 2-3 companies...it will take the industry by storm
mrgq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:59 PM   #4
mgrovernut

I'm from the UK too. I think Nanjing have been very clever. They have purchased several household names from what was once the 3rd biggest car maker in the world. Yes they are missing Triumph and Rover, but Austin, MG, Morris, Wolseley are all brands known and respected all over the world. They have got some fairly up to date engine technology and in the ZT a world class car platform. The TF was the best selling sportscar in the UK and the ZR the best selling hot hatch. If Nanjing can't make it with this lot then I have no hope for any of the other Chinese car makers. The world is watching how China deals with MG Rover now. Will if fix the badges on world beating cars or on poorly designed and build cars? This is China's big test....
mgrovernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:40 PM   #5
edge

Well, I'm Chinese American, I'm in California.

I travel to China often. I hope to see Chinese cars become successful in the West.
edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:51 AM   #6
fm.illuminatus

I'm in the United States, I'm half chinese (quarter german, quarter scots-irish)... my mom escaped from China in 1951. Her father was a businessman and when the communists took over they stole all of the family money, and tried to kill him. He barely got out alive. My mother's uncle stayed in china and was arrested and taken away from his family (a wife and two young daughters) in the middle of the night by the government for speaking out against communism and was never seen again (killed?). I hope china has changed... I still hear a lot of things about human rights abuses coming out of china, and the tiananmen square slaughter wasn't that long ago.

I'm apprehensive about Chinese cars coming to America. If the quality and safety improves they have potential as being decent cars, but to be fair, even the first entries of both Japan and Korea into the US car market were for their time, vastly better than current Chinese models. Still, I'm sticking with my BMW's. Safety is only the first hurdle.. if Chinese cars can be safe, the next question is, can they be reliable? Can they handle well? Can they be comfortable and classy? Can they exude a brand image of quality? Will they preform well? I guess that remains to be seen.

Last edited by fm.illuminatus; 03-24-2006 at 04:54 AM.
fm.illuminatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:30 PM   #7
AXLE

I was born in America, my parents and family are originally from Russia and I now live in Australia as of 2001. I know how to speak fluent Russian but I cant read Russian
AXLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:55 AM   #8
edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm.illuminatus
I'm in the United States, I'm half chinese (quarter german, quarter scots-irish)... my mom escaped from China in 1951. Her father was a businessman and when the communists took over they stole all of the family money, and tried to kill him. He barely got out alive. My mother's uncle stayed in china and was arrested and taken away from his family (a wife and two young daughters) in the middle of the night by the government for speaking out against communism and was never seen again (killed?). I hope china has changed... I still hear a lot of things about human rights abuses coming out of china, and the tiananmen square slaughter wasn't that long ago.

I'm apprehensive about Chinese cars coming to America. If the quality and safety improves they have potential as being decent cars, but to be fair, even the first entries of both Japan and Korea into the US car market were for their time, vastly better than current Chinese models. Still, I'm sticking with my BMW's. Safety is only the first hurdle.. if Chinese cars can be safe, the next question is, can they be reliable? Can they handle well? Can they be comfortable and classy? Can they exude a brand image of quality? Will they preform well? I guess that remains to be seen.
Well, I can assure you that China has changed TREMENDOUSLY. I'm not just talking about since the 1950's, I'm talking about even since 2000.

China is a rapidly changing and dynamic country. In fact, it is the most exciting country to be in right now. Also, as for human rights. Yes, there is no doubt China has room for improvement, but on the other hand, the Western media does really skew and misrepresent the situation. Human rights in China is steadily improving and has experienced a lot of improvement in recent years.

China is a lot more sophisticated than a lot of Westerners think. That's why many Americans are often shocked by how modern it is when they go there. I think the Chinese auto industry will definitely be successful one day. It may not be at the level of the world's best right now, but it will catch up faster than the length of time it took Japan or Korea. China is a huge country with tremendous resources.
edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:53 PM   #9
panasianbiz

Default I am in the US

I live in the US and I am anxious to see what other countries others are from and to know why they are interested in Chinese cas, too.
panasianbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:25 PM   #10
vitordavid

I am Portuguese, living in Africa i speak portuguese, spanish, french, italian, english, creole and a little german.
I own 3 changan sc6601 minibuses, have a jianling scooter and my Brilliance arrives in less than 2 weeks
vitordavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement