Saab in China - Page 18 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Others

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #171
nzsaab

Default Re: Saab in China

Saab began developing the all new 9-5 based on EpII in 2004. Im not sure when an actual car was produced but it was definatly long before the public saw spy cars. It is my best guess that Saab already had test cars when Opel did.

We really are only guessing arnt we. I just wanted to put a conspiracy out there so that I can claim "I told you so" if the Buick thing really happens and Saab is closed down.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:30 PM   #172
nzsaab

IT IS CONFIRMED! IF SAAB IS NOT SOLD, NEW 9-5 WILL BECOME CHINESE MADE BUICK!!!

As you may know, the new Saab 9-5 is currently being made on what is basically a test line at the Saab factory in Trollhattan. There is still some tooling for this new car sitting in Russelsheim, which hasn't been shipped to Trollhattan yet. It is my understanding from Tiefe Kehle that if GM decide to close Saab rather than sell it, then that tooling will be shipped immediately to China.

If Saab are wound down rather than sold, the new 9-5 will most likely be manufactured and sold in China as a Buick. It seems this is part of GM's wind-down planning for Saab should they not be sold.

If Saab are sold to a new owner, this transport order should be cancelled, with the tooling going to Trollhattan.

Im really scared, theres alot of talk in the media that GM NEVER had any intention to sell Saab and that it was all a cover story to make people think they tried but couldnt find a buyer.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #173
Rally Red Lancer GTS

Sounds like GM. What a bunch of dopes.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #174
nzsaab

Now its been said by high up GM management that there is no plans at all for the 9-5 to be produced as a rebadged model, which makes no business sense at all.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:11 AM   #175
KiwiGuy

GM's back to it's usual self I see. No ammount of money loss will ever replace those idiots. I wouldn't believe anything they say at this present moment if I were you as it will most definately be countered in some way or another. GM is faffing about because the know the loss of Saab will be a big one. They are also doing the same thing with embattled German brand Opel.

I read some news today that Ford is thinking about axing the Falcon and replacing it with a car based in the Ford Taurus. Some are claiming it will be the end of Ford Australia.

Could be worse.
KiwiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #176
nzsaab

KiwiGuy

I have also heard about the Falcon perhaps being replaced with the Taurus, although that was some time ago.

The answer to stopping that is simply - everone needs to buy Falcon and Taurus will be dropped. It seems strange that Ford would want to replace the Falcon with the Taurus when both models co-existed around 2000 in the New Zealand and Australian market.

Personally Im a big fan of both Falcon and the 2010 Taurus and wouldnt mind either way if one is retained or cancalled. Is there plans to assemble the Taurus in Australia or will it be direct import?

To me, its doesnt make sense why Ford would decide to kill off such a popular Australian icon.

Ford USA's automotive build quality has increased to the same or better than Lexus! As per what the reviewers and also Fords marketing team are saying.

I shant get my undies in a twist over this issue.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:03 AM   #177
KiwiGuy

American manufacturers are under massive pressure from the Obama administration to cut operating costs and become more profitable. That is why Saab, Hummer, Opel, Volvo, Pontiac and Saturn are being phased out or sold to cut costs. There is literally billions being shed because there is so much money running different companies. Ford was amongst the hardest hit and so it has undergone a product shakeup to reduce the numbers of models in the range which means less costs to make cars and also has a benefit of less resources being used to manufacture new cars and less pollution. Ford says it will replace the Falcon with the Taurus which is different in that the Taurus is front wheel drive over the Falcons rear wheel drive. The Falcon has been around for fifty years and it has to end sometime. My guess is it would be cheaper for Ford to manufacture the Taurus in the United States because it already has the tech and production lines (like Saab making cars in Sweden because it is cheaper than other countries). Also, it might be an incentive to bring other models, like the cool Edge CUV into these markets.
KiwiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:10 AM   #178
Rally Red Lancer GTS

I'm startin' to get a hankering for the new Ford Fusion Hybrid. On April 28, 2009, a Ford Fusion Hybrid went 1445.7 miles on one tank of gas. That's 81.5mpg! Of course, they were hypermiling to beat the band. But that's besides the point.

I'm really starting to like the car, overall, now.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:47 AM   #179
nzsaab

KiwiGuy

As I know you are a French speaker I though I would post the Price Guide (In french, sorry no english) here: http://www.ilovesaab.be/documents/pd...ceNew95_FR.pdf
Old 01-14-2010, 06:53 AM   #180
nzsaab

Im sure there would be a number of people very angry to hear the claim " The Falcon has been around for fifty years and it has to end sometime"! That is complete rubbish to state that as a reason as to why it should or could be replaced!

I do agree that production and development costs are high and have been increasing more and more in the span of 20 years as more technology is required for the average car.

I have read that a new Territory is due 2012? As is the new Falcon. So I guess more news will be out then ae?

You are correct Saab's plan was to centralise production to 1 facility (forget the 9-4x for two shakes) so that costs could be kept low, but more probably the idea was to ensure in the short term the staff have something to do in Trolhatten!