Saab in China - Page 19 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Others

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:01 AM   #181
nzsaab

Default Re: Saab in China

Saab Production - Restarted in Trollhatten This Week!

Saab has re-commenced production at its Trollhatten facility in order to fulfill its backlog of 2000 cars.

The mini line or pre production line for the upcoming (yes, I insist its is still upcoming) 9-5 is back online as well! It seems Saab are not stopping development of the tooling at the facility.

The above photo is a scan from a book.

The 9-3 Convertible has also commenced production in Sweden for the first time ever!

Here is the first 9-3 Convertible to roll off the line. Note the 9-5 SportEstate in the background! It seems, out of the 2000 remaining orders, someone wanted the 12 year old sex machine! (yea, i went there!)

Old 01-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #182
KiwiGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzsaab
KiwiGuy

As I know you are a French speaker I though I would post the Price Guide (In french, sorry no english) here: http://www.ilovesaab.be/documents/pd...ceNew95_FR.pdf
That's interesting. Every colour except Artic White is metallic and therefore you have to pay extra. Eh? Some manufacturers have that sort of paint as standard. Even Toyota does.

Basically the 9-5 has the same sort of stuff you will find from Saab, though they have done good in my books for ditching the horrible 3 spoke mags that were available on the previous model.

You will be surprised that there is more English in there than you might have first known.
KiwiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #183
nzsaab

KiwiGuy

I have read the booklet as well and I also noticed that I could understand alot of it.

Im also glad the 3 spokes are gone, but I wouldnt count on that being permanant as the enthusiasts of that alloy type will go on at Saab (crazy I know, but they are very popular)

Saab has always offered metalic paint as an option.
As I recall on the current 9-3 and 9-5 range they usually offer solid paint colour free: Laser Red, Black, and Polar White and the rest costs more. Its always been like that. I dont know why (I did think it was abit behind the times, but hey)

Old 01-14-2010, 07:24 PM   #184
nzsaab

Saab 9-3 Convertible Production Video!

The first ever Saab 9-3 Convertible has been caught in the making!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvCce9c3ic0&feature=sub
Old 01-17-2010, 01:42 AM   #185
nzsaab

Putting The Falcon Story To Rest

I have found an articel on the New Zealand Herald website about the Falcon story KiwiGuy bought up a while ago:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/n...ectid=10620071

I think it puts the story to rest.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:16 PM   #186
KiwiGuy

And do you know why they are axing the Falcon? As I said it's all about costs. The Mondeo, Focus, Fiesta and a lot of other Ford models are all global models which bring in millions and take very little in terms of design and manufacture. The Falcon was a costly car in terms of development and ultimately was only a market specific model which compared with cars like the Focus and Mondeo wasn't bringing in money. But that axing also means that the Falcon ute and Territory SUV will go as well.
KiwiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:05 AM   #187
nzsaab

KiwiGuy

EVERY CAR costs ALOT to develop, (excluding platforms shared between brands, say Chevy, Buick etc).

Falcon could be very popular in other markets besides NZ and OZ which means there could be a possibility of becoming a global seden. Perhaps Arabia? Perhaps even China? its upto ford really.

ALL brands are considering pulling out of Australian production. Which is a shame, however the money just isnt here. It costs alot to assemble loacally.

Anyways, its too far off the subject of this thread.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:08 AM   #188
nzsaab

Save Saab Convoys

Minsk, Belarus

Bejing, China.

Vienna, Austria

Moscow, Russia

Last edited by nzsaab; 01-18-2010 at 07:10 AM.
nzsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:47 AM   #189
Rally Red Lancer GTS

Love their enthusiasm. Apparently they don't want the whole story to be just another...umm...'ole Saab story.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Go Saab!
Old 01-21-2010, 05:26 AM   #190
nzsaab

Test Drive - 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero (more a test ride)

Its by far a long way from a Test Drive that Jeremy Clarkson would do but his time will come.

A guy named Bart W. Heres his write up.

My father and I went to the Saab stand immediately when we arrived at the Brussels motor show...

There we saw an old friend from back in the days my Dad started working on Saab cars and connecting with dealers. Joris is his name. He invited us to come look at the the new 9-5 Aero and told us about the shape and the details that make this new Saab a real SAAB. Then he went a way for a few minutes and came back and said to my father "here you go Marc, what do you think about a test drive with the new 9-5 aero at 11.30?"

"What? You're serious! Sure, thanks a lot!"

Then the test pilot came and said follow me! We went outdoors and there he was in that nice blue trim and 19 inch rims. We got into the car, fastened seatbelts and off we went.

First slowly to the highway and then BOOM, the 2.8 V6 turbo engine kicked in! Easily to 180 km/h and then the guy said now look how it accelerates from here.... BOOM again, full trottle to 210 km/h - easy!

We then went off the highway just in front of a BMW that also was leaving the highway. An ABS test..... Full brakes...... Changing lanes and still the car is in complete control due to the 100 adjustments per second ABS system.

Then again full throttle on the highway back to the car show. At the end there were several corners; a left one at 120 degrees in to a sharp right. On the other side there were trucks and cars but we took the inside at a mind blowing speed! I thought we were going to fly out this corner for sure, no way....... It stuck to the ground like glue!

This car is amazing! I have been in a few test drives now, but this was the mother of all test drives to me! This is a real SAAB! This car has to be produced. The world will be blown away!

What this car can perform and handle, its like no other feeling!

KiwiGuy told me recently he has read the car is too boring. I think this confirms otherwise - and this dude wasnt even driving!

For many years Saab's have been known very widely as drivers cars and drivers cars only. The centre stacks have always been angled at the driver in a sort of hint for the passengers to leave it alone. This car clearly showed that the ride was great for passengers too.