Saab in China - Page 20 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Others

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:18 AM   #191
nzsaab

Default Re: Saab in China

Saab Support Convoy

Below is the sole supporter who turned up in Saudi Arabia! GO HIM! Saab's are not very common in Saudi so I wasnt suprised.

Saab Support Convoy in Switzerland below:

Old 01-26-2010, 12:25 AM   #192
nzsaab

Saab 9-4x Update

It has been reported by Automotive News that there has been 149 Saab 9-4x units produced at the GM Mexico plant as of date. These cars are most likely quality test cars, crash test cars and of course show cars. Although I find it hard to swallow that GM and Saab need 149 cars to do the latter.

I think its more likely that GM ordered the cars to be produced so that the parts that had already been made and delivered to the factory could be used and not scrapped. (9-4x shares platform and assembly with other GM products). This could most likely be a "run out" model or a "closing down" model offered for the North American market.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #193
KiwiGuy

SAAB IS SOLD TO SPYKER!

From Saabs United.com
Quote:
GM Reaches Agreement to Sell Saab to Spyker

2010-01-26

DETROIT - General Motors and Spyker Cars NV today confirmed that they have reached a binding agreement on the purchase of Saab Automobile AB.

"Today's announcement is great news for Saab employees, dealers and suppliers, great news for millions of Saab customers and fans worldwide, and great news for GM," said John Smith, GM vice president for corporate planning and alliances.

"General Motors, Spyker Cars, and the Swedish government worked very hard and creatively for a deal that would secure a sustainable future for this unique and iconic brand, and we're all happy for the positive outcome," Smith said.

As part of the agreement, Spyker intends to form a new company, Saab Spyker Automobiles, which will carry the Saab brand forward. The sale will be subject to customary closing conditions, including receipt of applicable regulatory, governmental and court approvals. Other terms and conditions specific to the sale will be disclosed in due time.

The Swedish government is at present reviewing the transaction and the related request for guarantees of a Saab Automobile loan that has been requested from the European Investment Bank. Assuming quick action, the transaction is expected to close in mid-February, and previously announced wind down activities at Saab will be immediately suspended, pending the close of the transaction.

"Throughout the negotiations, GM has always had the hope to find a solution for Saab that would avoid a wind down of the brand," added Nick Reilly, president, GM Europe. "We've worked with many parties over the past year, including governments and investors, and I'm very pleased that we could come to such a good conclusion, one that preserves jobs in Sweden and elsewhere. GM will continue to support Saab and Spyker on their way forward."
KiwiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2010, 11:38 PM   #194
Rally Red Lancer GTS

So the idea of purchasing a 2010 Saab Aero 9-5 is still viable for someone living in the U.S. then!
Old 01-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #195
Rally Red Lancer GTS

Hey, nzsaab, what's your response to the news that Saab has been purchased by Spyker? Old hat? Good news, huh? Whoo-hoo!
It's now SSA, or Saab Spyker Automobiles.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:13 AM   #196
nzsaab

Rally Red Lancer GTS

As has been covered by me in many other places (other than China Car Forums) I am EXTREMLY EXCITED for Saab's future and EXTREMLY GRATEFUL that Saab has been sold to a company that understands Saab and will let Saab fully stretch its wings and develop cars it wants to develop.

I had a deep down feeling Saab would be saved and its now been confirmed.

Im very glad Buick will be keeping their dirty hands off our 9-5.

Im looking forward to seeing the 9-4x. (One day I would like to own one seeming GM didnt offer the 9-7x in NZ)

And YES you will be able to purchase the new 9-5 Aero in USA
Old 01-31-2010, 08:50 PM   #197
Rally Red Lancer GTS

So, as my wife and I pay off our '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS(we now have 48,698 miles on the car)and enjoy the heck out of it, my internet searchings have drummed up several future purchase possibilities.

They include the BYD e6 all-electric car, the new under-development Mitsubishi PX-MiEV SUV, shown below, which is a gas/electric hybrid.

I am starting to warm to this new larger than Outlander SUV. Also, Mitsubishi is releasing to the U.S. in about a year this little all-electric car called the i-MiEV. Here it is:

I have two more that are vying for my fancy. One is the all-new ICE car the Suzuki Kizashi. It's a mid-sized car that has a lot of the sport-tuned attributes of my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. Here is the Suzuki Kizashi. I am really starting to love this new Kizashi sedan.

I have priced-out a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi in 6-speeds, FWD(no optional AWD req'd), Vivid Red metallic paint job, 425-watt Rockford Fosgate 10-speaker stereo(my '08 Lancer GTS also has a RF stereo but mine has 650-watts total), foglights, one-touch sunroof(once again similar to my Lancer GTS from Mitsu)and it comes out to about $23,234. Which is only $1,000 more than my '08 Lancer GTS cost. I am very interested in a Suzuki Kizashi but at only 48,698 miles we're in no big hurry to trade in, and we don't need two cars.

My wife doesn't drive but said she'd consider learning to drive and then buying when available in the U.S. an Indian-made Tata Nano grocery-getter(said to cost about $8,000 when beefed up for American roads) for driving around little Willcox, AZ, our small SE Arizona hometown.

Lastly, nzsaab, I am truly interested in the 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero. I am not in a position to need a new car, but this new 9-5 Aero may just beat all of the others I've mentioned out because it's so darn elegantly beautiful!

What'd'ya think of all of my babies I'm looking at, nzsaab? Believe me, they're a handful ta take care of!

Last edited by Rally Red Lancer GTS; 01-31-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Rally Red Lancer GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:39 PM   #198
KiwiGuy

Orginally posteed by nzsaab
Quote:
Im very glad Buick will be keeping their dirty hands off our 9-5.
I'm afraid it probably won't be that way. I remember seeing a Buick concept which was a rebadged Saab 9-5.
KiwiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:05 AM   #199
erik (laofan), cmvdc

I am very pessimistic about Saabs future. I am afraid the Victor Muller scenario is: buy Saab with a loan of European money which is guaranteed by the Swedish government. Saab won't make it and finally the Swedish state has to provide the money. Saab is broke again, the Swedish government lost 450 milliard Euro and the company will finally be sold (to a Chinese company?) or closed. Mr. Muller receives a nice salary and he is happy.
Another barrier: what if the European Investbank doesn't give the loan? ("It has been requested".)
Old 02-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #200
nzsaab

Rally Red Lancer GTS

In response to your possible future purchases.

If you are going to buy an SUV, wait for the 9-4x, its like a new 9-5 but in SUV form. Interior will be almost identical.

For get the I Meiv, yuk.

I dont mind the Suzuki Kizashi but the name is WAYYYY to Japo for my liking.

It seems your taste in cars varies from all areas of the price range. But if your budget will stretch BUY THE 9-5 AERO!!!!!

Saab need the sales and you need a sporty, luxurious, handsomely equiped, practical and sooo beautiful 9-5 Aero SportSedan.