Saab in China - Page 7 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Others

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:38 AM   #61
nzsaab

Default Re: Saab in China

FUNKY!

A reminder of GM's ideas of destroying individualisim within brands and attempting to make everyone look the same!

A refined but very opel touch!

A modern ignition for a class leading car . . . or so Id like to think!

More next post . . .
nzsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2009, 03:42 AM   #62
nzsaab

Very supporting seats although I wouldnt choose this rather dull colour. I dont really like the headrests, too chunky.

Ah yes, my very dream to hop into a car and on the console display this very fine marque's logo appeas! I would recomend for next time to dust the car before the press arrive! This isnt some low key Tata Nano launch! This is the launch of Audi, Volvo and BMW's best attempt at conpetition from Saab yet!

Old 08-05-2009, 06:30 AM   #63
KiwiGuy

Maybe Saab could'v come up with something more modern than the broad dashboard which, in my view, does not match the instrument cluster, centre console, or the rest of the car. This simply reeks of early 90's styling which Saab have pioneered.
KiwiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2009, 06:21 PM   #64
Rally Red Lancer GTS

Don't like that interior color-ick!
Old 08-11-2009, 04:20 AM   #65
nzsaab

Hello again KiwiGuy and welcome to Saab Rally Red Lancer GTS.

Firstly to Kiwiguy, I think when you look back in hindishgt at what Saab has offered over the years from its rather limited model range you will notice that this is quite a step up. I would say rather that it reaks of Opel insignia and too much GM influence. It must be kept in mind that this is the first Saab to use 100% GM parts and shares most parts with the cars it was meant to be built alongside with, namely Opel Insignia. It must also be taken into account that this car was developed very quickly and at a huge budget. Both GM and Saab dont have alot of cash and neither make profits so the development of the new 9-5 was always going to be a let down before it started. None the less it will still enter the market and compete with the big boys.

To Rally Red Lancer GTS, I feel sure there will be several interior options availible on this model, keep in mind that pictured is a base model version (or as we say at Saab, Linear) with options added to show the press.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:30 AM   #66
nzsaab

SAAB HEADLINE - PLEASE READ

It has come to my attention that Saab have issued a recall notice to all Saab 9-3 V6 Aero and Turbo X owners from model year 2006 - 2009. If you are an owner of a Saab 9-3 Turbo X or Aero model that fits that description please see your dealer immediatly. It is not a safety recall

The issue at hand is with the expansion tank, hot water vapour in the hose from the turbocharger may lead to rapid ageing of the expansion tank and result in cracks which could lead to coolant leakage. A corrected expansion tank and other components will be replaced by your local Saab dealer at no cost.

Saab appologise for any inconvenience. This issue apparently has come up in the past to Holden's Commodore V6 powered cars, which incidentily is where Saab source their V6 engines from.

It seems that when Saab outsource engines, such as the Holden V6 and the Isuzu sourced V6 TID there always seems to be reliability issues!

A copy of the information dealers recieve is shown below:

Last edited by nzsaab; 08-11-2009 at 04:32 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:54 AM   #67
nzsaab

Saab's ALL NEW 9-5 Aero Unveiled!

On Thursday as planned Saab Automobile AB officially unveiled information about its all new flagship model, the Saab 9-5 Aero.

Yesterday was the first day that Saab has officially unveiled anything about the new 9-5 as the previous photos of the base model 9-5 were press shots which were not sapposed to be shown until after the launch.

The 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero will feature a 300hp V6!

Now those are sexy tailpipes!

From this angle, the all new 9-5 Aero looks massive and looks like a worthy contender for competition for the A6 and M5:

More shots next post . . .

Last edited by nzsaab; 08-28-2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:03 AM   #68
nzsaab

An agressive front end has always been a Saab hallmark, the all new 9-5 confirms that the Saab spirit remains strong:

Very butch indeed!

http://www.trollhattansaab.net/wp-co...Saab9-5off.jpg

Theres nothing like being fashionably late to the party and in this case Saab are super late when it comes to some modcons! Such as push-button start/ stop!

And heads up display!

What does China think?
Old 09-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #69
KiwiGuy

Koenigsegg and BAIC to take control of Saab?

From China Car Times
Quote:
Beijing Auto Works have teamed up with Koenigsegg to take on Saab according to Chinese media reports from late this afternoon.

The announcement comes as a shock to many, as it was expected that Shanghai GM would take on a sleeping partner roll in Saab from GM, but it seems that GM have favoured an outright sale of the now independent car marker to a Koenigsegg/Beijing Auto Industry Corporation (BAIC) alliance.

Koenigsegg are expected to take on 100% of Saab with BAIC bringing the 290 million Euros to the table that Koenigsegg were lacking. Saab is now a step closer to being a Sweedish company once again, albeit with a Chinese company to aid it.

Itís unsure what will become of the deal, as it BAIC were unsuccesful in buying Opel from GM due to the possibility of future conflict if BAIC put GM platforms and engines from Opel into production in China, a market where GM performs extremely well with little competition.
This is interesting. Watch This Space.
KiwiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #70
Rally Red Lancer GTS

nzsaab, man, the new Saab 9-5 is one handsome sedan. It really is. I will be coming back here to learn of new developments. That car looks as sharp as a tack. Doesn't matter to me if they're late to the game with pushbutton start, either.