Saab in China - Page 8 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Others

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:35 AM   #71
nzsaab

Default Re: Saab in China

To KiwiGuy, I wondered how long it would take you to find that news before I posted it here myself! But seeming you have already reported, I wont repeat.
I was not suprised that the Chinese would eventually have some sort of interest in Saab, namely BAIC seeming they missed out on the Opel deal. Apparently they were one of the bidders for Saab outright a few months ago. I think BAIC's decision to become involved through Koeinegsegg is a great move both for Saab and everyone else involved. For Saab, it means the Chinese dont get to be involved directly in Saab's designs. For Koeinegsegg it means they can fulfil its requirements to raise enough capital for the purchase. For BAIC, it means they have ownership in a foreign company and can learn alot from Saab's advanced engineering abilities. There are many other great outcomes from this deal but thats all from the top of my head as of now.

I heard last week that the Saab Automobile AB factory in Trollhatten, Sweden is now among the most productive and streamlined in Europe!

To Rally Red Lancer GTS, thankyou for your comments on the 2010 9-5 SportSedan, I agree, it is very handsome. In two more days it will be revealed at the Frankfurt Autoshow. I will post some more photographs in the coming week.

Keep watch of this thread for more info, the thread of which I have rather stole from my mate KiwiGuy!
nzsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2009, 03:09 AM   #72
Rally Red Lancer GTS

And yes, nzsaab, those are some seriously sexy tailpipes on the 2010 Saab 9-5! Whew, in fact, the entire rear end looks rather masterfully done. The more I look at that front end with the angling lower side treatment the more I like it, too. Makes me wonder how this sedan might look in my favorite car color, red.

Yes, I'm now hooked on this thread and eagerly await updates on the 2010 Saab 9-5!

Three more things I like about this design: the nice wheels, compare them to my '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS' wheels shown on my Lancer GTS below, and the front turn signal indicators on the 2010 Saab 9-5, in amber color. Now those are cool looking, too. And also the small black open spot on the very inside of the headlights, by the grille centerpiece. Very nicely done. This car is hot and I have added it to my watch list. It did have to grow on me for just a while, however I think this design will catch people's eyes at Frankfurt upon first glance. It has a strong hint of Audi in it's design, and for me, that is a good thing.

Looking at the 2010 Saab 9-5 photos as a whole, this is a great car to buy in silver. Looks magnificent on this car. By George, I think I'm getting hooked on the Saab 9-5, nzsaab!

And hopefully Saab will list U.S. prices at the Frankfurt Auto Show. And nzsaab, it appears to say Turbo on that right side emblem on there...so it's got a 300hp turbo V6 then, eh?

Last edited by Rally Red Lancer GTS; 09-14-2009 at 03:35 AM.
Rally Red Lancer GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:14 AM   #73
nzsaab

Hi again, Rally Red Lancer GTS.

Im so very glad you like the all new Saab 9-5 Aero SportSedan. I hope you will be in the market for one in the future because if you have seen what I have seen in terms of last months world sales figures there may not be a Saab around for too much longer unless someone buys this 9-5 in bulk!

Saab's have always looked good in red. I really liked the old 9-5 Aero Sedan (wasnt cool enough to be called a 'SportSedan') in Laser Red.

Heres a close shot of the alloy for you:

In my own personal opinion I think Saab have done a tremendous job in creating a new flagship car for their range in a rather cash strapped environment.

What will be even more exciting will be the next generation 9-3 range. But dont get too excited because the current 9-3 range is scheduled to get another facelift before it leaves the family. That next facelift will bring the current 9-3 into the same sort of design ideas as the new 9-5 with a similar interior, similar rear, similar front end etc. But never mind, thats a few years off yet.

The 2010 Saab 9-3x is now availible for order and I have heard about 300 9-3x's have been built to date. (Some Saab employees in Trollhatten already have them! Even in red just for you!

The 9-4x has almost fallen into oblivion in terms of media coverage but is expected in 2011, the same year as the 9-5 SportEstate.

From what I know, you choose either a V6 Trubo a twin turbo diesel on the Aero, a turbo diesel an option on Vector and Linear and a standard 4 cylinder petrol in the Linear which I would imagine would be pretty gutless in such a big car!

Will keep you posted of anything exciting in the coming week.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:31 PM   #74
Rally Red Lancer GTS

Unfortunately we have not adopted the diesel's here in the States because of our strict environmental pollution rules, however, I will watch that because it could be changing or have already changed.

Yes, I would want the V6 turbo or the twin turbo diesel on the Aero. A 4-cyl would not seem to be enough power to move this car effectively, however, I am very 4-cyl friendly in cars I buy. In fact, the last time I had a bigger engine was in my '73 Plymouth Gold Duster. That car had a slant-6 cyl. engine in it.

I'll be coming back here regularly to learn more. Thanks for the freshen-ups, nzsaab!

Last edited by Rally Red Lancer GTS; 09-14-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Rally Red Lancer GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:47 AM   #75
nzsaab

Is China as excited as I am about the launch of the 9-5 today-tomorrow (depending on where you are) at the Frankfurt Motorshow?

Im soooooo excited, a new 9-5 is finally here!

It seems Saab left the cover off when they wernt sapposed to! Before the show has even started and someone shot this!

More news will be posted when Im at the computer.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:56 AM   #76
nzsaab

Saabs United has released prep photos of the 9-5 launch at the Frankfurt Autoshow!

Heres a shot of the cafe area! Dam those seats look comfy! Id love one for my house! Cheers Swade:

The new 9-5 will appear from this door:

The 9-3x is on dispaly and looking very handsome:

Cheers Swade from Saabs United. If you want to get the most acurate up to date news just check out www.saabsunited.com
Old 09-16-2009, 12:32 AM   #77
KiwiGuy

9-5 is rear wheel drive, because I cannot think how bad the steering would be if it were front. The old chassis could just handle 250bhp.

Also, is the Saab 9-3x a seperate model or part of the 9-3 range?
KiwiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:46 AM   #78
nzsaab

Kiwiguy

Hi again, I think it was fair to say that it was time to get real and get a rear wheel drive! If you are going to have an effective flagship car with lots of performance, ditch the front wheel drive. But being real here myself, the real reason as to why it is a rear wheel drive is probably because of its underpinnings, remember this car was developed on a budget and was intended to be built alongside the Opel Insignia (which it now wont be).

The 9-3x will be apart of the 9-3 family however it doesnt have a tag name after for example: Saab 9-3 SportSedan or Saab 9-5 SportEstate its just plain Saab 9-3x.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:54 AM   #79
KiwiGuy

They will probably call it something like SportCross or something like that.
KiwiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:02 AM   #80
nzsaab

I see little point when the 9-3x is only availible in combi form. Saabs main website saab.com displays the 9-3x as simply 9-3x where all other models have a tag name like SportCombi etc.

For those of you interested, the 9-3x is now availible to order at your local dealer, so get your checkbooks out!!!!! YAY