China Car Forums banner

Tongtian / Jiangnan Glow

23K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Stashko 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Jiangbei Machinery Plant built a car called Golo that looked like a VW Polo, does anyone have a picture of it ?

See less See more
#2 ·
Golo

The Golo 阁萝, or Glow, was produced by Jiangbei which later became Tongtian, and in late 2005 was absorbed by Jiangnan Auto down in Hunan Province. According to Xinhuanet.com in November 2003, this model was "independently" developed with the help of "German experts". However another source indicates that the model is a Suzuki Alto knockoff.

It is also said that VW was planning to take legal action against Tongtian for IPR infringement, i.e. it was a copy of the Polo. Don't know if this squares with your info Phaeton but thought I'd pass it along.

One more thing. In September 2004, CBU reported that a second generation of the Glow, Glow Liangjing and Glow Meijing, with panoramic sunroofs were introduced in August of that year.

Attachments

#3 ·
Legal action ? for what !

VW should let them be , so PPL can Know A DIFFRENCE BETWEEN A CAR ( a VW ) and a Trash Can ( Your JiinBing Fingy Golo )

#4 ·
dragin said:
The Golo 阁萝, or Glow, was produced by Jiangbei which later became Tongtian, and in late 2005 was absorbed by Jiangnan Auto down in Hunan Province. According to Xinhuanet.com in November 2003, this model was "independently" developed with the help of "German experts". However another source indicates that the model is a Suzuki Alto knockoff.

It is also said that VW was planning to take legal action against Tongtian for IPR infringement, i.e. it was a copy of the Polo. Don't know if this squares with your info Phaeton but thought I'd pass it along.

One more thing. In September 2004, CBU reported that a second generation of the Glow, Glow Liangjing and Glow Meijing, with panoramic sunroofs were introduced in August of that year.
Thanks dragin :thumb:

Yep thats the reason I wish to look at the Golo.

The whole supposed copying of Polo front I do see it in the Glow :D

Polo is similar in name to Golo (also VW have th Gol name) so for VW to stop Jiangbei from using it shows how much sway VW have in China ;)

#5 ·
Well if VW has sway in china .. then

They should kidnap the owner of that Jingybingy
Excute hime and hang him on a popular square in china

So he will be an example of ppl copying VW cars , and they will have thier full Sway , no courts attached ! :p

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
martin_krpan said:
You know whats the sad thing here? The people at the company Ivy or whatever never replies to my email and I really would spend money to buy the mold for this vehicle and any spare parts they have lying around. Then I could just get the interior & the dash & everything else from the generic smart ripoffs and put a microcar engine in there and Im set. But they wont respond. When was the last time she was online anyways?

#15 ·
Good day.
I am from Ukraine , buy Jiangnan jnj 7111 city spirit.
2006 issue with the engine 1.05l.
Past owned it and did not regret but brought terrible condition .
It is necessary to touch the chassis , front and rear . And all this she knocks on the rod .
Master says that the machine is overheated , the motor need repair.
In our country, we brought less than 20 of these machines .
About them has not been heard ) ) )
spare parts for the engine is simply no !
Prompt who knows how the model reproduced this machine . Engine, suspension , steering

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.