Chinese makers abandoning plans to enter Euro market : too tough to enter. - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > General > General Discussion

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:25 PM   #1
Real_I_Hate_China

Cool Chinese makers abandoning plans to enter Euro market : too tough to enter.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...041/LATESTNEWS
I keep telling you about how US and EU markets are already closed for low cost Chinese manufacturers selling cheap cars but you didn't listen.
Real_I_Hate_China is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2006, 12:45 PM   #2
BringIt

Being "closed" implies it's impossible, but it's not. Within 4 years you will find Chinese made cars in EU and US. You wanna make a bet on that?

It takes will and determination to succeed, and the Chinese have plenty. At least 1 or 2 companies will succeed.
BringIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:52 PM   #3
Real_I_Hate_China

Quote:
At least 1 or 2 companies will succeed.
One or two. SAIC or FAW.

Not the other guys.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:04 PM   #4
Windy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_I_Hate_China
One or two. SAIC or FAW.

Not the other guys.
No not FAW - Nanjing and maybe GWM
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:40 PM   #5
firefox

Quote:
One or two. SAIC or FAW.

Not the other guys.
Anyone, but SAIC or FAW, they really have nothing at all. Anyone could give me an exemple of Saic or Faw branded car?
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:32 PM   #6
Real_I_Hate_China

Quote:
they really have nothing at all.
Nothing but money.

You need money to buy necessary technology, brand, do R&D, and earn certifications necessary to export.

Very few players in China actually have billions of dollars in cash to do this right.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:38 PM   #7
Tiggo

Ironically I see things more positive than the other way around in that report.

Most people in France who have purchased a car like Peugeot 407/607, Citroen C5, BMW 5, Volvo S60 etc may not buy any Chinese cheap cars in the future, but others will.

Most people in europe can't even tell the "nationality" of a non-EU car. They would buy cheap Hyundai, why won't they buy cheaper Chinese cars in the future? They are not like prefer something made in Korea, they just want to have the biggest bang of their bucks.

My ride in France : Audi A4 2.0TDI - 140hp (103kW) - (Mai 2006)
Tiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:37 PM   #8
Real_I_Hate_China

Quote:
but others will.
The others will be???

If you are thinking Eastern European, please do note that Japanese and Korean makers are already setting up transplants there and Chinese cars + 10% import duty would have to compete against locally produced Toyotas and Hyundais.

Quote:
They would buy cheap Hyundai, why won't they buy cheaper Chinese cars in the future?
Cheap price alone doesn't cut it; value is the keyword here. In other word, what are you getting for your hard earned money?

Quote:
they just want to have the biggest bang of their bucks.
And you don't get that biggest bang of bucks by buying Chinese; you just get an unsafe, unreliable, and poorly engineered cheap car for cheap price.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:45 AM   #9
Tiggo

Quote:
The others will be???

If you are thinking Eastern European, please do note that Japanese and Korean makers are already setting up transplants there and Chinese cars + 10% import duty would have to compete against locally produced Toyotas and Hyundais.

Cheap price alone doesn't cut it; value is the keyword here. In other word, what are you getting for your hard earned money?

And you don't get that biggest bang of bucks by buying Chinese; you just get an unsafe, unreliable, and poorly engineered cheap car for cheap price.
Like only Japanese and Korean are allowed to build factories there?

Again, why would you think something Korean has more value than its Chinese counterpart?

If Chinese products are of such poor reputation, the EU wouldn't worry China taking over all their simpy work positions.

Face it, South Korea has no significant superiority over China, maybe it had for a couple of years, and China is catching up fast.

BTW, what I meant OTHERS were those who bought CHEAP hyundai.

My ride in France : Audi A4 2.0TDI - 140hp (103kW) - (Mai 2006)
Tiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:00 PM   #10
Real_I_Hate_China

Quote:
Like only Japanese and Korean are allowed to build factories there?
1. Chinese don't have the money.
2. Chinese have to start paying European wages instead of Chinese wages.

Quote:
Again, why would you think something Korean has more value than its Chinese counterpart?
Because a Hyundai can actually go head to head with Accord and Camry and win the "Best Family Sedan for Under $22,000" competition right now. Hyundai is selling on "value" alone.

Quote:
Face it, South Korea has no significant superiority over China, maybe it had for a couple of years, and China is catching up fast.
There is a 14 year gap bewteen Korean cars and Chinese cars. The gap is close to 18 years with Japanese cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement