China Car Forums banner

Jinbei Haishi, A7, A9 (Haixing X30), T-series

68K views 107 replies 8 participants last post by  CCF mod 
#1 ·
#20 · (Edited)
Re: Jinbei Haixing (A7, A9, X30)

X30 has been renamed Xiao Haishi (ĺ°Źćµ·ç‹® - small sea lion/Hiace), and the "Haixing" name has been officially retired. Other models like the Haixing A7 or A9 are now simply Jinbei A7/A9 etc.
http://www.jinbeicq.com/?act=index
In its association with Toyota, Jinbei had a number of Hiace based models which were tagged with the Chinese "Haishi" brand name. But these Shineray minivan models all seem to be self developed by the Jinbei subsidiary, with no sign of a connection to the old Hiace design. And so I am surprised that a different name was not chosen.

Business aside, Happy New Year, Dmitra.

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
#21 · (Edited)
Re: Jinbei Haishi, A7, A9 (Haixing X30)

Happy New year, Dragin, and also to all my friends here at CCF.

I was away for a week and didn't sign in.

And so I am surprised that a different name was not chosen
Funny because they did in fact have a different name, Haixing, for all these small vans, but did away with that name, maybe for brand integration or some other reason.

#26 ·
Dongben DBX30 and DBT30 (Vietnam)

Dong Ban Automobile Joint Stock Co. based in Tien Du District, Bac Ninh province assembles the commercial X30 and T30 under the "Dongben" brand. The DBX30 was introduced around 2015 and the DBT30 in 2017. The DBX30 is available as a 2-seater panel van (V2) or a 5-seater crew van (V5). The company has been assembling other Chinese-sourced minitrucks since 2010 (according to govt. data), and besides these Jinbei/Shineray models, currently offers the DBQ20 (Changan Shenqi T20) and DB1021 (Sojen F150) too.

Of note, TMT (post #19) still offers the 7-passenger Deluxe.

Information from www.vr.org.vn and xedongben.com
Images via Google Image Search

Attachments