Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Introduction - Page 3 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Chinese Car Manufacturers > Beijing (BAIC) Motor

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-26-2019, 02:33 PM   #21
dmitra
CCF Mod

New reports about BAIC-Yinxiang reorganization:
https://www.jqknews.com/news/254804-...o_or_stay.html

In slightly more detail:
https://www.d1ev.com/news/qiye/97792
dmitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2019, 09:03 AM   #22
Leo

Default Re: Beijing Automobile Works (BAW) Introduction

I have this now:

Last edited by dmitra; 11-26-2019 at 01:50 AM. Reason: continuing from the BAW thread
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 11:19 AM   #23
Lawrence

Leo,
Thank you. Many of us were in a foggy state of understanding, and now your chart has shed a whole new light on the subject of this leading automaker's history, and current organization.

I am now motivated to look deeper into your questions about BAM, and about "Beijing Automotive Group Co Ltd Off-Road Vehicle Branch", and am looking forward to some interesting further discussion.

Last edited by Lawrence; 11-23-2019 at 11:33 AM. Reason: correction of branch name
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2019, 11:38 AM   #24
Leo

Lawrence,
Thank you for your response. I made the chart myself, with the information I could find. I do not guarentee it is correct.
I made some silly mistakes in creating the chart: the word Supervision is missing from Beijing SASAC (at the top) and Arcfox is missing from the list of brands.

To address your comment: to Daimler stake is in BAIC Group passenger car unit, which is BAIC Motor Co and it is on the chart. I have 10% as opposed to the 12% in your related article. Will check notes ;-)

Not in the chart is Daimler's 4% share of Beijing Electric Vehicle. Dmitra explained in a different topic the complicated share transfers that have been taking place this year with that company, so I'm not sure if it still exists, and if so, if it is Beijing EV or in the new Beijing Blue Park.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 05:33 AM   #25
erik (laofan), cmvdc

Nice work, Leo!
Old 11-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #26
dmitra
CCF Mod

Nice effort, Leo. I'm impressed!

Corporate structures and organization, especially those of large groups, are never static and always changing, so it is near-impossible for outsiders to constantly keep up with the changes. At best, you can present the picture as a "slice in time". More so with the shareholding percentages which may go up and down as companies try to decide what is best for them vis-a-vis the economic/financial environment at any point in time.

That being said, your chart is an earnest effort. There might be some factual errors (I'm not scrutinizing the cardinal value of the shareholding percentages) which I will try to address one by one, apart from looking into your questions regarding history, limited by how much of such old information can be accessed now.

Last edited by dmitra; 11-25-2019 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:51 AM   #27
dmitra
CCF Mod

I have moved the posts from the BAW thread to this BAIC Group thread as the discussion concerns the whole group.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:14 AM   #28
dmitra
CCF Mod

OK, so many issues (with the group, not Leo's chart), where do I even begin?

1. Beijing Automotive Group Co., Ltd., incorporated in 1994 (as a corporation), then called "Beijing Automotive Industry Group Corporation", in 2000 becomes Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Co., Ltd., in 2010 renamed to Beijing Automotive Group Co., Ltd.

In July 1973, Beijing Municipal Party Committee approved the establishment of Beijing (Municipal) Automotive Industry Company (北京汽车工业公司). This was a municipal-level bureau under committee supervision which unified management of 10-odd auto-related enterprises (plus 80 supporting factories). This itself was not a manufacturing operation.

In late 1980, this entity was renamed Beijing (Municipal) Automotive Industry Corporation (北京市汽车工业总公司). Some 33 minor factories under its supervision were then reorganized into two enterprises for auto parts and engine parts.

In 1987, following a reformation of the management system, Beijing (Municipal) Automotive Industry Corporation was abolished and replaced with a more business-focused Beijing Automotive Industry Joint Company (北京汽车工业联合公司). Note the Shi (市) was dropped from the name. This was more like a cooperative union of participating enterprises.

Towards the early 1990s, this system of organization was becoming too unwieldy to manage, with apparent lack of cohesion between the participating enterprises, so the Chairman of the China Automotive Industry Corporation suggested another set of reforms to the Beijing Municipal People's Government.

In June 1992, the entity was renamed again, this time as Beijing Automotive Industry Corporation (北京汽车工业总公司). This name is similar to the 1980 name, with the "Shi" removed.

In 1994, Beijing Municipal People's Government finally decided to establish a formal corporate structure (the "modern enterprise system") for the Beijing Automotive Industry Corporation, and Beijing Automotive Industry Group Corporation (北京汽车工业集团总公司) was incorporated. This entity is continuing today, as a limited liability company, as Beijing Automotive Group Co., Ltd. (北京汽车集团有限公司) or, informally, "BAIC GROUP".

Beijing Automotive Group Co., Ltd. is wholly owned by Beijing State-Owned Capital Operation and Management Center, which is an assets management company of the State-Owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of Beijing Municipal People's Government (Beijing SASAC).
Old 11-27-2019, 04:09 PM   #29
Lawrence

Default Re: Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Introduction

Thanks to you D Mitra things now come into clearer focus.
As for Changhe and Weiwang, they seem to have become one new division, or brand, in 2017 as the following gasgoo.com article indicates:

http://autonews.gasgoo.com/china_news/70014408.html
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:52 AM   #30
dmitra
CCF Mod

Default Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Introduction

Thanks, Lawrence. I have already covered Da Changhe in posts #14 and #7.

As for the entire group, I will attempt to cover most of the constituents in a series of posts like yesterday's; this will also address some of Leo's questions; moreover some misconceptions might be cleared along the way.

Last edited by dmitra; 11-28-2019 at 12:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement