North Korea - Page 2 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > General > General Discussion

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:12 PM   #11
Gag Halfrunt

Default Re: North Korea

Ray Cunningham, an American who regularly visits North Korea, has just posted new photos of the Pyeonghwa showroom in Pyongyang. It looks as if they've switched to Golden Dragon for their Hiace clone needs.

Sitting inside the showroom there's also an FAW Oley (white this time) and some other new models to be identified.
Gag Halfrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2014, 05:27 AM   #12
erik (laofan), cmvdc

These are all Chinese made vehicles, rebadged. You will notice Oley, Besturn, FAW-VW, King Long etc. They are not made or assembled in the DPRK.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:05 PM   #13
Gag Halfrunt

Here's another new name for Erik's files.

The first issue of the Foreign Trade magazine for 2015 (embedded PDF file, go to page 10) includes a blurb for the Korea Kumphyong J. V. Company, which is hawking rebadged Chinese trucks under the "Kummae" name.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:18 AM   #14
erik (laofan), cmvdc

Thanks Gag! I added them to my North Korea file: http://www.chinesecars.net/free-info...de-north-korea.
I have no idea if these joint ventures function. I have never seen one of these cars on other photos than in these advertisements.
greetings!
Old 07-31-2015, 09:39 AM   #15
Gag Halfrunt

Here's a Pyongyang taxi owned by Air Koryo, the North Korean airline. It was photographed by Simon Cockerell of Koryo Tours, who says that the badge on the grille is Air Koryo's logo.

And a bonus photo of the Chinese Ambassador's Hongqi outside a bar.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:18 AM   #16
erik (laofan), cmvdc

This is a BYD F3 (second model) rebadged.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:05 AM   #17
Gag Halfrunt

Thanks. I looked through lots of Chinese sedans trying to find it and did check the F3, but not the facelifted version.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:23 PM   #18
Gag Halfrunt

Choson Exchange, a Singapore-based NGO that trains North Koreans in business skills, has posted scans of all the current Pyeonghwa Motors brochures from Pyoenghwa's Pyongyang showroom. I think there are a few models not on Erik's list yet.

P.S. There's also an account of a visit to the showroom in October, with a photo slideshow including, among other things, a rebadged Maxus van and a poster showing a full range of vehicles, including some typical Chinese trucks and minibuses.

Choson Exchange heard in 2012 that the Unification Church wanted to pull out, and it seems that they did.
Quote:
The staff in the Pyongyang showroom said that it was a 100% DPRK company now and had been for "some years", but didn't have much time to chat: they were busy working with a group of Koreans looking to buy. Meanwhile, another group were test driving a jeep-like model.

Last edited by Gag Halfrunt; 12-06-2015 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:30 AM   #19
erik (laofan), cmvdc

Gag, it is not a Maxus but a Huanghai Ruitu. I integrated most of them already some weeks ago on my website: http://www.chinesecars.net/free-info...h-korea?page=8
It seems that there is now assembly of Chinese trucks inside the Sungri facility in Tokchon. Here is the article: http://www.naenara.com.kp/en/trade/?company+1+886
On Google Earth you can see that some of the halls are re-painted blue, as is quite often the colour of the car factory halls in China.
The Chinese partner seems to be Sinotruk.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:40 AM   #20
erik (laofan), cmvdc

I have questions about the Ppeokkuggi 2008. I have never seen a Beijing Jeep with this front end. Anybody any idea where it is from? The jeep is also in use in the army, at least it was shown during a military parade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement