Mitsubishi Colt - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > Foreign/Chinese Joint Venture Car Manufacturers > Mitsubishi

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:20 AM   #1
KiwiGuy

Default Mitsubishi Colt

Soueast have been testing a new small car which is the 2003 model Colt. Not officially sold in China yet, there is speculation whether the 2003 or 2009 model will be launched. What I do know, from China car times, is that it might be in fact the Colt Plus, but without the bubble like exterior.

Article from China Car Times:
Quote:
Are SouEast reading a small car to take on the Chinese roads? It seems so from these pictures, which show a Mitsubishi Colt Plus testing on Chinese roads (left)

SouEast Mitsubishi have been left behind in recent years with their sales due to a poor under performing range, the Mitsubishi Lancer has perormed okay, but the Mitsubishi Galant has not sold so well against the strong competition. The recently introduced Mitsubishi Zinger does not appear to be selling too well either. Perhaps it is due to the age and the awkard designs of the Soueast Mitsubishi range, but one things for sure, if they introduce the above 2003 model Colt and not the latest 2009 Colt into the Chinese marketplace, then Soueast Mitsubishi are sure to be stuck with another car they cant move off the forecourt.
KiwiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2009, 02:37 AM   #2
CCF mod

New Colt on Chinese roads:
http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/200912/82922.html

CCF mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
daewoo-chevrolet

Default Re: Mitsubishi Colt

Why has Mitsubishi chosen the Japanse Colt over the Dutch/European redesigned Colt with the new (and ugly) nose and taillights?

Old 12-16-2009, 04:17 AM   #4
Rally Red Lancer GTS

daewoo-chevrolet, yeah, it's a good question for the Chinese market. But for the U.S. market Mitsubishi has announced they're bringing the Colt over, too. Only it's not the new Colt design that Europe's getting. I mentioned they were bringing the new European-market Colt over on another website and was told by another member that they're bringing an all-new (possibly even smaller) Colt design to America. For the American market that just doesn't make sense, either.

I don't know which Colt is coming to China. More input is obviously needed to clear up these questions.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #5
daewoo-chevrolet

It's not likely Mitsubishi will ship the Colt from The Netherlands (where the car has been built) to the US with the current euro dollar exchange rate. The European Colt always had a different nose and rear end than the Japanse and Taiwanese versions. Moreover, the Japanse/Taiwanese versions never had a redesign like the European Colt previous year and are available as 5 door hatchback and 5 door MPV (Colt Plus) and in Europe as 3 and 5 door hatchback (CZ3/CZ5) and 2 door coupe-convertible (CZC).
But we'll see

Last edited by daewoo-chevrolet; 05-25-2010 at 04:37 AM.
daewoo-chevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
Rally Red Lancer GTS

Yep, I'm sure Mitsu will be filling us in pretty soon now that they've announced a Colt of some flavor is heading to the States. I think it's a good move. And Mitsubishi obviously wants to plan it out right to get the correct Colt in American dealer's hands, one that matches the market demographics of us chubby Americans.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #7
CCF mod

Colt Plus is also being tested in China:
http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/201005/115347.html

Old 06-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #8
CCF mod

This is strange. Pictures of Colt again surfaced on net but this time of five-door version with European-style nose.

link:
http://www.autohome.com.cn/news/201006/118961.html
Old 08-13-2012, 02:49 AM   #9
banadictaustin

Mitsubishi Colt design to America. For the American market that just doesn't make sense, either. And it's a reliable for everyone as a distribute.
banadictaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:54 AM   #10
daewoo-chevrolet

Apparently Soueast Mitsubishi still has plans to introduce the Colt Plus on the Chinese market after all those years... Mitsubishi has wisely decided to refresh the MPV before its Chinese introduction.

Source: http://auto.163.com/12/1225/14/8JJ18QBE00084TUO.html

Advertisement