Idle auto companies may face derecognition - Page 2 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > General > General Discussion

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:45 PM   #11
Lawrence

Default Re: Idle auto companies may face derecognition

You know in retrospect I am glad that this website did not drop Hafei from its listing. I always liked what I saw in Hafei products and now its good to see that going forward, it may have another life after all.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2018, 03:14 PM   #12
dmitra
CCF Mod

I have tried to make a crude diagram showing the relationships between the companies we just discussed about. It is not exhaustive, only representative.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	48167  
dmitra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:48 AM   #13
Lawrence

That's a great help for us visual learners.
By the way Hafei is not new to the NEV scene back around 2010 it's Saibao was fitted with an electric powertrain by both Coda in the U.S. and CATARC in China.
The Coda EV I test drove in California was fine, but its design was too dated to attract the attention it needed to succeed.
In any case, we'll now be watching HAMC to make its mark in the now very crowded NEV world. But it had better hurry.:-)
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #14
dmitra
CCF Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitra View Post
Chengdu Xindadi went to (surprise!) Geely in 2011. Geely used the Xindadi license, but not the plant, to manufacture the GX7/SX7 (RX6453) and GX9 (RX6483) SUVs. These models are out of production now.
To the above statement, I must add that Chengdu Xindadi's license was transferred to Geely subsidiary Chengdu Gaoyuan Automobile Industry Co., Ltd. This company currently produces the Vision X6 SUV at Geely's Chengdu plant (east) in Longquanyi District. As we know, Geely Chengdu plant complex also houses the Volvo factory (west) that makes the S60L and XC60.

Volvo left (light blue); Geely right (green), approximate boundaries.

Last edited by dmitra; 02-20-2019 at 09:39 AM. Reason: added map
dmitra is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement