New Road Crash Tests in China - C-NCAP news - Page 3 - China Car Forums
chinese cars - china car forums, chery, geely CCF - The Chinese Car Community China Car Forums - Zhonghua Junjie
Home :: Forums  :: Manufacturers :: Articles :: About Us :: Vendors :: Analysis Reports

Go Back   China Car Forums > General > General Discussion

ChinaCarForums.com is the premier Chinese Car Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:56 AM   #21
Raul

Dongfeng-Nissan Teana tested

http://www.autoinfo.gov.cn/Jsp/news/...an=xw&id=52764

Giorgetto Giugiaro
Raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2007, 10:51 AM   #22
Wendy

Exclamation CAUTION: Test results might be tampered with

my husband and i have been in china for many years. we should know how the chinese work.

one thing that you must be wary of is the fact that almost anything can be faked. in this case some of the results logged by the Chinese NCAP could be tampered with.

the chinese car manufacturers just have to bribe those who are directly responsible for the test results.

do you remember the case of the drug chief who was executed 2 weeks ago for massive corruption? during his tenure as chief of the national drug administration, he approved more than 11,000 kinds of drugs, some of which led to violent deaths in patients.

i would rather take the results released by the Chinese NCAP with a large pinch of salt. such results should be verified against those released by reputable organizations in europe, australia or the US
Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:10 PM   #23
BringIt

Bribes happen in any country, it's not unique to China. Some countries do a better job at "hiding" the bribes, some are less advanced in the bribing techniques, that's the only difference. Name me a country that never had problems with bribes???

At least China is doing something about it. The drug guy got executed for crying out loud. Can you get more harsh on the punishments?
BringIt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #24
mememe

I think Wendy got the point, and in the end of the day, for Chinese automakers to make it on world stage, they will need to go through european, and american crash tests. Ofc people have the rights to have doubts. And I believe passing or not passing Chinese crash test is really not that important, but passing the european and the american crash test is really important for any carmakers that want to have worldwide reputation. So we are waiting for Chery A6 and A6CC performance in european crash test soon and hope that they will pass with at least 3 or 4 stars (with my finger crossed)

But Wendy I think you are missing out something, I think crash tests will always have to come with pictures as evidence. Can anyone tell me please ,do foreign inspectors need to be at the scene during the n-ncap tests or just Chinese inspectors ?

Last edited by mememe; 07-24-2007 at 02:36 PM.
mememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:20 PM   #25
Alice_2253

waiting for the results
Alice_2253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:49 AM   #26
Raul

Latest results from C-NCAP:

Dongfeng-Nissan Teana:

score: 47,4 p
star: 5

Chang'an-Ford Focus:

score: 45,4
star: 4

Dongfeng-Honda Civic:

score: 44,5

FAW Besturm:

score: 40,2

Dongfeng-Yueda-Kia Cerato:

score: 33,1
star: 3

Haima Family:

score: 32,3
star: 3

SAIC-GM-Wuling Spark:

score: 27,2
star: 2

Giorgetto Giugiaro
Old 08-01-2007, 02:55 AM   #27
Raul

Car-safety tests provide home run

"CHINESE home-brand models are proving more reliable, with enhanced ratings in the latest domestic crash tests. The national official vehicle laboratory, the China Automotive Technology and Research Center, gave four stars to the Besturn sedan, China first self-branded model made by First Automotive Works Group. The announcement was made on Thursday in a statement posted on the CATRC Website.

This compared to a two-star assessment, the lowest rating, given to the Free Cruiser sedan, developed by Geely Holdings Group, and three stars to the A5 sedan made by Chery Automobile Co Ltd and the F3 sedan made by BYD Automobile Co Ltd in the same assessment program last year. The relative low ratings on China self-developed models once caused public concerns over quality issues during a time when national car makers were planing to break into more mature markets in their overseas ventures. All the test results were subject to the Chinese version of the New Car Assessment Program, an independent vehicle-assessment scheme that is similar to Euro-NCAP.

The national standard, launched last July, gave safety ratings on how passengers are protected after undergoing front, side and rear-end collisions. It is quite encouraging that Chinese-branded models are improving their safety standards after increased investment, said Jia Xinguang, an auto expert in Beijing. Zhao Hang, director of the CATRC, said that Chinese car makers need more efforts on equipment like airbags compar ed with foreign rivals in the same segment.

Nissan Teana premier sedan and Ford Focus economy car achieved the top five-star ratings and the institute gave four stars to Honda Civic. Zhang said compact cars are still generally short on quality and need further attention.

In the same series of tests, Shanghai-GM-Wuling Spark subcompact won two stars while Kia Cerato and Haima Family, developed on a Mazda model, achieved three. Brilliance Zunchi sedan, which has launched mass exports to Germany, suffered from bad ratings in crash tests in Europe last month. The car maker said the failure was a ruse by rivals to damage its brand image.

The introduction of C-NCAP, which imposes stricter requirements than the existing national crash tests before models are produced, aims to lift the awareness of auto safety and encourage car makers to improve technology."

- China Daily -

Giorgetto Giugiaro
Old 08-03-2007, 11:34 PM   #28
yeahsoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_I_Hate_China
Because they won't pass????
you are hilarious, really.

in August, they will test Yuejin.

http://www.c-ncap.org/news/zxdt/070727.htm
yeahsoo is offline   Reply With Quote